ADVERTISEMENT

CoronaVirus article

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fantastic. City of Tampa closing all city parks. I’ve been out in the park every day for the last 10 days. No large groups. A few groups of 3-4 exercising together out in the open air. But hey, this is what politicians do, they must “do something” whether or not it makes any sense. Let’s keep everyone inside.

This is so damn idiotic. She won't get my vote upon re-election. Wondering if they will shutdown Bayshore too....

So, parks are closed, but Riverwalk and Bayshore, specifically stated in the report that I read, are still open. There's going to be 10000 walking or running on Bayshore.....

I am okay with this. NYC should shit down the airport. No one in or out for 2 weeks. Rather than the whole damn country shut down, shutdown one (or two) states.

I know it's a typo but I laughed.

So, parks are closed, but Riverwalk and Bayshore, specifically stated in the report that I read, are still open. There's going to be 10000 walking or running on Bayshore.....
Yep. I live in Skypoint across the street from Curtis Hixon. There are def people out there this morning. I’m hoping they’ll just enforce large groups or the huge groups playing pickup hoops at some of the other city parks.

I think there were 10x the number of walkers/runners/cyclists than cars @ both 8am and noon on Bayshore

Second French Study by Dr. Raoult finds Hydroxychloroquine and Azithromycin Helped EVERY PATIENT in Study Group of 80 Minus One

https://tinyurl.com/w75v7hr

Cool. They should keep following up with more studies. They should also stop trying to oversell results.

In the initial study of 26 people initially treated with HCQ, 6 weren't included because they had to stop. 3 of those 6 stopped because they ended up in the ICU, 1 stopped because the patient died. Those numbers weren't reported on nearly as much.

In this study of 80, the 1 patient they list as "not being helped" was the 1/80 (1.25%) who died. Of those they treated that lived, only 65 were discharged from the hospital within the 10 days (and that's WITH the fact that they said they discharged more than they would have in other situations, but they had to make room for new patients). Of those 65, the average length of stay was 4.6 days. 3 of the others went to the ICU. One of the three was still there. And no random control group. STILL no randomized study of this.

Their outcome was that within 10 days there was SOME improvement in those they studied that didn't die. How many of those would have been expected to improve otherwise? Of those that leave, what's the average length of stay given the loosened discharge restrictions? The study doesn't really say that, so it's hard to know. This could be a miracle result. Or it could be that this treatment barely improves over not doing this, when patients are treated at the level that this/these particular hospital(s) treats them.

In the end, this tells us only that this should be looked at more (there's a real randomized study that should be finished up in April, last I heard). And perhaps the manufacturers of these drugs should ramp up production in case this is found to be really effective they can distribute more quickly. Not that we should be prescribing these two drugs to everyone with a cough in the hopes that they work, to the detriment of those who use these drugs normally (people still have health problems that aren't COVID-19). And it certainly doesn't mean other treatments should not continue to be explored. I'm sure people who know a lot more than me will take a look at this study and see if it indicates any more than I've gleaned from it, but for now, we still don't really know anything from either this doctor's studies or the one study on this done in Shanghai (that one was better designed, showed less promising results, but was still inconclusive).

Not that I expect you'll read this, just trying to get info out there to people whose minds aren't already made up.

I don't agree with janderson about virtually anything relating to coronavirus but the HCL stuff appears to be legit. Every clinical trial has had crazy successful results worldwide and now the FDA just issued an emergency authorization of it, just a few days after Italy and France both did the same.

It's not gonna stop the spread but it could definitely save lives.

I don't agree with janderson about virtually anything relating to coronavirus but the HCL stuff appears to be legit. Every clinical trial has had crazy successful results worldwide and now the FDA just issued an emergency authorization of it, just a few days after Italy and France both did the same.

Not a cure but seems like it could keep someone with severe symptoms from going over the edge and dying. It’s not making symptoms worse so give it a shot.

Reactions: goldmom
What I find most fascinating is the attitude of "It won't happen here" mentality I keep seeing. I am paying attention to the numbers and watching the videos of large metro hospitals and peopl everywhere else, just go "eh"

I guess it's never really a problem until it's your (royal your) problem.

What I find most fascinating is the attitude of "It won't happen here" mentality I keep seeing. I am paying attention to the numbers and watching the videos of large metro hospitals and peopl everywhere else, just go "eh"

I guess it's never really a problem until it's your (royal your) problem.

I agree the reaction among some groups of a certain age early on reflected the tendency of younger people to think they live in a bubble of invincibility, but that's shrinking daily.

I think In general most people are taking this seriously. There’s always going to be an obnoxious minority in any situation but it does seem like people are largely obeying the safer at home laws.

I agree the reaction among some groups of a certain age early on reflected the tendency of younger people to think they live in a bubble of invincibility, but that's shrinking daily.
This is a great example of where shrinkage is good! :eek:
George Constanza

"and one million doses of chloroquine phosphate donated by Bayer, for possible use in treating patients hospitalized with COVID-19"

That is that fish tank cleaner that guy in AZ took and died. Must be a typo.o_O

Reactions: GbrNole and goldmom
"and one million doses of chloroquine phosphate donated by Bayer, for possible use in treating patients hospitalized with COVID-19"

It’s the same thing. https://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-8633/chloroquine-oral/details

I’m guessing the fish tank cleaner maybe had some other chemicals to go along with the chloroquine phosphate. Either that or the guy took an amount that was way too much.

It sure cured his ich though.

Will try to post something from CDC on how they code deaths. Numbers and data may not be accurate....

I am NOT saying the virus is a hoax, or not serious. But it may just not have accurate numbers.

Policy MAY be shaped by bad data...

EDITTED TO ADD: My language was very poor here. I won't delete or edit this, but in no way shape or form do I think this virus is made up/hoax. In fact, if you're vulnerable, it's BAD News for you.

Last edited:
Does how the cause of death ultimately matter? Folks are dying at a fairly high clip. It's not good. Let's quit picking nits here and recoginize things are not the best right now.

Fellas, the CDC has the wording right there. Do you want me to copy and paste it?

This virus is going to kill a lot of people. Are you interested in an actual, factual number, or not?
Don’t let them get you down mj...I understand what you are trying to convey. People are just jumping on every/anything to further their “side”.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT