ADVERTISEMENT

COVID booster shot

Controlling a pandemic or controlling citizens?
It's your choice not to get the vaccine. I wish you luck and health, but some people have learned a very hard lesson. A permanent one.
You are absolutely right. Learning a very hard, cruel, brutal, sobering and
heartbreaking lesson with permanent consequences. Believe me, you do not want to be on the wrong side of grief, regret and guilt. The lingering remnants of the cancer of guilt can kill one's human spirit.

Reactions: goldmom
Interesting discussion panel from 10/29/2019 including De Fauci. I assume that CSpan is an acceptable source and not considered a conspiracy site.

Reactions: SteveT1
Vaccinations are not 100%. That's basic knowledge. And no one has ever claimed any vaccination is 100% effective. So, sadly, some people may die despite taking the vaccine. But you can't lump that into one broad stroke and infer the vaccinations are useless because you may know someone who was vaccinated and died. Despite some people dying, millions of others will save their lives and decrease the side effects if taken the vaccine. Context; and not misleading broad strokes. As you should know, 95% of all deaths and hospitalizations are from the unvaccinated. You can argue and say whatever you want, but those are the stone cold facts. Don't believe in government..... Were you in Dealey Plaza when the shots rang out? Or did shots actually ring out?
Jack Ruby, FBI, CIA, Mofia, LBJ, Dallas Police, Secret Service, Castro, and the Zapruder umbrella was actually where the alleged shots came from. Conspiracy! :)
I suspect that statistic includes total figures since March 2020.

Vaccinations are not 100%. That's basic knowledge. And no one has ever claimed any vaccination is 100% effective. So, sadly, some people may die despite taking the vaccine. But you can't lump that into one broad stroke and infer the vaccinations are useless because you may know someone who was vaccinated and died. Despite some people dying, millions of others will save their lives and decrease the side effects if taken the vaccine. Context; and not misleading broad strokes. As you should know, 95% of all deaths and hospitalizations are from the unvaccinated. You can argue and say whatever you want, but those are the stone cold facts. Don't believe in government..... Were you in Dealey Plaza when the shots rang out? Or did shots actually ring out?
Jack Ruby, FBI, CIA, Mofia, LBJ, Dallas Police, Secret Service, Castro, and the Zapruder umbrella was actually where the alleged shots came from. Conspiracy! :)
Interesting article. Wow. 40% of the deaths are fully vaccinated in Maryland.

Well, no one is arguing whether or not it was a COVID death of a fully inoculated individual. It was a COVID death and it was a death of someone who was fully inoculated. But let's not play naive to the point at hand - some posters are trying to suggest something that isn't accurate, and should be called out.
Seems to me there are some that are arguing cause of death. Here you have an 84 year old with cancer and Parkinson's that also was positive for covid. Complications from covid could just as easily been complications from cancer. Its apparent that the tendency is to report all deaths as covid if you can relate the two somehow. But in this case it was reported as covid even though he was vaccinated.

Reactions: F4Gary
Seems to me there are some that are arguing cause of death. Here you have an 84 year old with cancer and Parkinson's that also was positive for covid. Complications from covid could just as easily been complications from cancer. Its apparent that the tendency is to report all deaths as covid if you can relate the two somehow. But in this case it was reported as covid even though he was vaccinated.
Covid likely played some role in his death or hastened it and is listed as a Covid death. Just like if he had caught the flu and it did the same thing. There are oftentimes multiple causes of death.

Reactions: fsufool and goldmom
Covid likely played some role in his death or hastened it and is listed as a Covid death. Just like if he had caught the flu and it did the same thing. There are oftentimes multiple causes of death.
COVID was the infection that his body was not able to fight off and caused his death. His other diagnosis were comorbidities. It was a very unfortunate situation.

You can't booster your immune system if the body no longer has immune systems in good working order. Which is how vaccinations work. In the elderly, this is the normal course of aging; ie the increasing inability of one's immune system to fight off bacterial and viral infections. Infections are the leading killer of the elderly and lead to a wide variety of repercussions (heart attack; stroke, multi-organ failure, etc.) Indeed, my 99 year old father died of a heart attack and a stroke the result of an untreated UTI.

The CDC recommended mRNA booster shots today for those 18+ - this is for if you received an mRNA shot first; if you received J&J first then you could have already been boosted. There is one more step left for this to officially be approved, but that step is simply signing off on the decision.

I haven't decided when I want to get boosted. If you aren't high risk, immunocompromised, or otherwise unhealthy then I personally wouldn't worry about rushing to get it if it hasn't been at least 6 to 8 months since your initial doses, but of course talking to your doctor is the best thing you can do if you are considering it.

I would also like to see the CDC release some guidance, including timelines for people to get boosted. I think this would really help clear up some confusion and make people a little more confident in the shot if they had a clear understanding of the decision.

Last edited:
Got my booster Wednesday. Still dragging ass.
I was told by someone in Tallahassee that there were a lot of places there doing it for people who weren't in the approved group. Obviously that group is expanded now.

Got my booster Wednesday. Still dragging ass.
After my second dose of Phizer, I felt terrible for two days with a fever that reached 103. Due to this experience I’m extremely hesitant to get the booster. I know zero about the medical and health care fields, but why do these COVID vaccines knock you on your ass and other vaccines like the flu have no side effects?

Question:

Is the booster really necessary when you’re already fully vaccinated? It appears of you get COVID after being fully vaccinated the symptoms are mild anyways. If that’s the case why get the booster?

After my second dose of Phizer, I felt terrible for two days with a fever that reached 103. Due to this experience I’m extremely hesitant to get the booster. I know zero about the medical and health care fields, but why do these COVID vaccines knock you on your ass and other vaccines like the flu have no side effects?

Question:

Is the booster really necessary when you’re already fully vaccinated? It appears of you get COVID after being fully vaccinated the symptoms are mild anyways. If that’s the case why get the booster?
Well Falsie is about to change the goal posts again. They are going to change the definition of fully vaccinated to having a booster in addition to the first two jabs. I'm passing on the booster.

Got my booster (Moderna after Moderna) yesterday morning. Late yesterday to now, its kicking my butt. Really hope it wanes before I have to work!

Question:

Have you ever had the shingles double dose yet? That one is a butt kicker….at least round one….doses are two-three months apart…same symptoms as you described above, couldn’t lift my arm over my shoulder for a day or two. I never felt anything from any of the Pfizer does (3)…besides some arm soreness.

Well Falsie is about to change the goal posts again. They are going to change the definition of fully vaccinated to having a booster in addition to the first two jabs. I'm passing on the booster.
I'm planning on passing on the booster as well. However, with Fauci and the CDC changing the rules every week I think its going to become part of being "fully vaccinated". Get ready for the annual flu shot to get grouped into this as well.

These guys and their metrics tracking are like the playoff committee. If the one your using doesnt produce the numbers you want just make up new ones that do.

I’m getting a regeneron treatment. I was exposed to Covid last week and I may have it since I’ve lost my sense of smell, have a slight headache and have developed a cough.
The treatment will give me an over 80% immunity for at least 8 months. Probably better than a booster.

I’m getting a regeneron treatment. I was exposed to Covid last week and I may have it since I’ve lost my sense of smell, have a slight headache and have developed a cough.
The treatment will give me an over 80% immunity for at least 8 months. Probably better than a booster.
Hang in there.

Reactions: SteveT1 and goldmom
Thanks - I don’t feel awful but that can change quickly, I know.
My daughter is off to CVS to buy a quick response test for me.

Reactions: SteveT1
Thanks - I don’t feel awful but that can change quickly, I know.
My daughter is off to CVS to buy a quick response test for me.
Make sure to get BinaxNOW brand. The rest of the home test kits are useless.

i know they have BinaxNOW at Walgreens. Not sure about CVS?

Make sure to get BinaxNOW brand. The rest of the home test kits are useless.

i know they have BinaxNOW at Walgreens. Not sure about CVS?
Friend of mine used that one. Came back positive, went to the doctors and they tested him and it came back negative. Had all the symptoms but wasn't too bad off. Was vaxed with a booster too.

Friend of mine used that one. Came back positive, went to the doctors and they tested him and it came back negative. Had all the symptoms but wasn't too bad off. Was vaxed with a booster too.
Maybe the doctor's test was a false negative.

I think I had mild Delta this summer. Test is very faint borderline but I think I'll go ahead with the Regeneron anyway.
I'll have the latest and greatest chip tracking me!
Only if you get the latest booster :)

from friends and family members that have used the covid self tests when relatives around them have had covid it has been pretty consistent in their experience. my brother also bought a bunch of them when his girlfriend had a rough bout with covid.

she tested positive with binaxnow up to two weeks after symptoms beginning (she had a rough case but no hospital). he never tested positive with binaxnow, doctor rapid test and doctor pcr test - he probably took a dozen tests in all, he was certain he was going to get it. he does take an SSRI though so there might really be something to that?

I think I had mild Delta this summer. Test is very faint borderline but I think I'll go ahead with the Regeneron anyway.
I'll have the latest and greatest chip tracking me!
i'd hold out for the tesla booster so that you can be directly plugged in to starlink. no middle men required!

hope you weather it well and get back to normal quickly!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT