ADVERTISEMENT

Did you get vaccinated yet?

Has anyone heard what the next subset of recipients will be or do they open it up to everyone? It’s weird that if someone who is 64 plus gets thrown into a mass population effort simply because of their birthday prevented them from getting into groups 1A, 1B or 1C. I hope individuals regardless of age that are public facing, retail workers, bar and restaurant workers, teachers, flight attendants, pilots and anyone in mass transportation are in the next grouping....just curious if that has been discussed.

Has anyone heard what the next subset of recipients will be or do they open it up to everyone? It’s weird that if someone who is 64 plus gets thrown into a mass population effort simply because of their birthday prevented them from getting into groups 1A, 1B or 1C. I hope individuals regardless of age that are public facing, retail workers, bar and restaurant workers, teachers, flight attendants, pilots and anyone in mass transportation are in the next grouping....just curious if that has been discussed.
I think some of those are going to be tough. How does someone prove they’re a server at a restaurant or work at the mall? They won’t do this, but if anything they should just drop it down 10 years to 55+ for the next wave and then open it up to everyone after that. It’s going to be chaotic for the next few months. I think 36% of people over 65 have gotten one dose+ (at least in FL). That’s not great but we’re getting there. I feel good that unless the variants are vaccine resistant that life is essentially back to normal by July.

Got my 2nd Moderna dose yesterday morning. The past 36 hours have not been fun. Aches, fatigue, and chills. Fortunately, I freed up my schedule so that I could pretty much sleep all day. I can’t remember the last time I felt this bad.

Got my 2nd Moderna dose yesterday morning. The past 36 hours have not been fun. Aches, fatigue, and chills. Fortunately, I freed up my schedule so that I could pretty much sleep all day. I can’t remember the last time I felt this bad.

I think it’s working..

Reactions: ChiefWB
I think it’s working..

True. Hopefully lots of antibodies! It's just been at least 5 yrs since I've had a cold or flu and I rarely get a flu shot, so these symptoms knocked me on my butt. Fwiw, my brother-in-law got his 2nd moderna shot earlier this week too. He's about 15 yrs older and he had aches and sweats for about a day.

Reactions: FSUDoles
I’m too young, healthy, pretty and not essential enough to be on the list right now. My doctor pushed me to get the MMR vaccine because it has apparently shown big benefits in some Asian countries that had done mass vaccinations over the last decade or two.

Wife I had our 1st shot last Friday, scheduled for the 2nd on Mar 5. However not 100% sure about getting it though.

Parents and mother in law got Pfizer and wife and daughter got Moderna. No side problems of any kind for anybody. Hopefully round two will be the same. Good luck to everyone.

Reactions: goldmom and ChiefWB
I just got an email yesterday that I can make an appointment with Baylor Healthcare for my vaccination.
So I go to make it and I find that first, it's way over in Dallas, and they say this Wed or Thurs.
We are getting up to 6" of snow and ice today through Thursday. Smh.
I'm ignoring the email until Wed. We'll see what happens.

Wife I had our 1st shot last Friday, scheduled for the 2nd on Mar 5. However not 100% sure about getting it.
Why did you get the first one if I may be so bold to ask?

I was all in for the vaccine when I got the first one. PM me and I will tell you my reasoning for being leery of the 2nd shot.

Last edited:
I just got an email yesterday that I can make an appointment with Baylor Healthcare for my vaccination.
So I go to make it and I find that first, it's way over in Dallas, and they say this Wed or Thurs.
We are getting up to 6" of snow and ice today through Thursday. Smh.
I'm ignoring the email until Wed. We'll see what happens.
Good luck, Gary. I see the temps over there are just unreal. Stay warm!

I got the shot this morning. The organization was incredible. In and out in no time.
All the reports in the press about problems getting a second appointment are ridiculous too. When you are signing in for the first shot they give you the date and time for your second shot automatically.

I got the shot this morning. The organization was incredible. In and out in no time.
All the reports in the press about problems getting a second appointment are ridiculous too. When you are signing in for the first shot they give you the date and time for your second shot automatically.

Media loves to create chaos. Drives ratings. Think weather dude wearing a slicker and “bracing” for Cat-4 winds while it isn’t raining and the palm trees in the background are perfectly still. LOL.

Good luck, Gary. I see the temps over there are just unreal. Stay warm!
Lost power at 430am. Still not back on. High today was 14 and it's going down to 2 tonight. Our power grid sucks. Plus I have a frozen/burst pipe, so no water.

I saw that most of the windmills that provide power are frozen up. Unreal that Texas sits on so much oil and gas but wind helps provide power to so much of the state. When did you guys become Cali? 😡

Reactions: Nole1nBoca
I got my first shot of Pfizer on 2/2 at the South Civic Center in Delray Beach. For some reason they scheduled my second dose on 3/2, 4 weeks later. The Pfizer is supposed to be given after 3 weeks. My Mother has an appointment at Hard Rock Stadium for her second shot in Miami next week, I'm going to try to get my second dose there as it will be 3 weeks then.

I only had mild symptoms, just felt light headed for a few hours and sore in the arm for a couple days. A Pharmacist told me you should take advil after the shot and every 6 hours.

It's a very heavily subsidized sector. And no one is saying another state is at fault.
Texas doesn't participate in the Fed power sharing grid. They are self sustaining until they obviously aren't.

Was supposed to get mine at CVS this Wednesday, but they backed it up to Friday. Ran out of supply? I'm 65 and was lucky to get locked in, most people in my category are still trying to get an appt. There's been a lot of grumbling up here in VA about the roll out. My 92 year old mother in Tally got her two a couple months ago.

Last edited:
Was supposed to get mine at CVS this Wednesday, but they backed it up to Friday. Ran out of supply? I'm 65 and was lucky to get locked in, most people in my category are still trying to get an appt. There's been a lot of grumbling up here in VA about the roll out. My 92 year old mother in Tally got her two a couple months ago.
Oh. Sorry to hear. We’ve really got things rolling here in Florida 😛

Reactions: hatsbo
I got my first shot of Pfizer on 2/2 at the South Civic Center in Delray Beach. For some reason they scheduled my second dose on 3/2, 4 weeks later. The Pfizer is supposed to be given after 3 weeks. My Mother has an appointment at Hard Rock Stadium for her second shot in Miami next week, I'm going to try to get my second dose there as it will be 3 weeks then.

I only had mild symptoms, just felt light headed for a few hours and sore in the arm for a couple days. A Pharmacist told me you should take advil after the shot and every 6 hours.
CDC says you should get your second shot as close to the recommended interval as possible (not earlier), but that there is no maximum between the two. A week late isn't a big deal.

And I'm not big on the ibuprofen side because it has some anti-inflammatory properties, better to use tylenol so you don't dampen any response to the vaccine.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nole1nBoca
Oh. Sorry to hear. We’ve really got things rolling here in Florida 😛
So Thursday night get a text from CVS saying due to unforeseen circumstances they are postponing Friday's appt. and "will call me next week to reschedule." Then today I get a text saying my appointment has been cancelled and I have to go in the system again and RESCHEDULE!!! What a crock! Of course CVS doesn't answer their phone, so I have no idea what my status is. The "VA Covid hotline" people don't have the capability to even look me up in the system. Meanwhile an article comes out today that in VA the mortality rates among "people of color" are higher than whites so VA needs to concentrate on that. I hate this f'n state.

I am having a hard time understanding why educators are not being considered as one of the 1st groups to be offered the vaccine? We deal with the age group who sees no danger at all in this virus and most look at as something that will not impact them. The group you rarely see wearing a mask when out in public and the group who are constantly in big gatherings.
Educators here in NY/NJ/CT are being considered in that first group. The irony is most of them are still not back in school. Ahhh, the power of unions.
My opinion is if you are going to take that vaccination from someone else's the least you could do is get back to in school learning.

2Nd shot of Pfizer in the arm yesterday. I feel fine, just a minor head and neck ache last night but nothing Advil didn't take care of. Went to the Palm Beach County Civic Center. Walked right in and sat down for the shot, no wait at all!

Last week took my 93 yr old Mom to Hard Rock Stadium for her 2nd shot of Pfizer. It was in car and the wait was only about 15 minutes to get to the pop up hanger. She had no symptoms at all. It seems that the young people are getting the worse reactions to it.

In Tennessee, you don’t get out of your car. You go to Vol State CC in my county. You stop at first station to provide ID. Then next station you get the shot. Decided it was time to bite the bullet and get it over with.
Wow where are you from? I’m in Cookeville!

My wife and I received our second shot of Pfizer in Alpharetta, GA. No after effects on either dose. Light turnout, but very
efficient staff on both visits.

No. Not getting one unless I have no choice for travel and stuff. We have both had it. Almost all our friends have had it.

Reactions: Idaho Nole
I'm holding out until I see some follow up studies on longterm effects on the human body. Not against them, just not in a hurry. I take every precaution known to man, though.

Reactions: nynole1
I got both doses of Pfizer. My reaction to the second shot was minimal but I'm on an immunosuppressant, which may explain it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT