ADVERTISEMENT

Dow Jones Industrial Average

I rarely look at my 401K. I'm nowhere near retirement, and my investments are all in age based securities. I'm not one to panic over things like this.

Reactions: goldmom
If you look at the rolling 1, 2, 5, etc. year averages, the market is still up by a good amount. The only people who lost are investors who recently put money in and are looking to pull it out in the near future (eg short term investors). If that's the case, it's your own fault.

Reactions: noleclone2
If you look at the rolling 1, 2, 5, etc. year averages, the market is still up by a good amount. The only people who lost are investors who recently put money in and are looking to pull it out in the near future (eg short term investors). If that's the case, it's your own fault.

tenor.png

Anyone check their accounts today? Another drop of about 1000 points so far. It will be interesting to see where things settle today.

Nope. I've got about 12 years to go and have 100 percent of my 401.k in stocks and rarely look at it. I have maintained that philosophy since I started in the early 90s. As for big corrections -- I think of it as buying shares at sale prices.

Reactions: AllNoles
Nope. I've got about 12 years to go and have 100 percent of my 401.k in stocks and rarely look at it. I have maintained that philosophy since I started in the early 90s. As for big corrections -- I think of it as buying shares at sale prices.
Dollar cost average investment in mutual funds...hard to beat. I still remember my finance professor asking class which stock to pick for a monthly investment with yearly price performance charts and we all went for a higher priced one that did real good out of the gates and plateaued and nobody picked the turd that went from 2 to 1 to 50 cents to 1 to 50 cents to 1 and then to 1. 50 and 2 and 3....

I want to say one word to you. Just one word. There's a great future in plastics.

GNT, did you get a nice coating of ice last night? We did.

The truck did, the roads were surprisingly dry this morning. The drive home from the kids' batting practice (indoors) thru Frisco at 8:15p last night was touch and go.

Grapevine was fun times?

If things hold up Dow will have worst week in almost a decade. Buckle up. I plan on getting back in when it gets below 18500.

Last edited:
When did you get out?
Looked it up. January 26. Dow was 26500 and I was feeling like it was beyond popping. Always been lazy with my large 401k account and never do anything but I talked it through with fidelity and dropped anchor into bonds money market stuff. Really no cost. I just felt like watching the account damn near double in balance with no contribution since 2012, it was time. Of course DOW may be 30k in summer. My gut says last 24 months is a bit out of control. I have no algorithms or research nor stayed in holiday inn express. But this already was the longest bull run ever BEFORE last year’s ramp up.

Bought AMD stock at 10.98 on 1/2. Was on cloud 9 the other day after it got to 13.74 after good earnings. Down to 12.45 two days later. Still ahead, but the last two days hurt lol.

I suspect AMD is going to go up on Monday and again in Q2.

I suspect AMD is going to go up on Monday and again in Q2.
Good call. It's bounced 14.1% from the low mid-session last Friday. Looks like the two new Ryzen processors have been garnering positive reviews as well. I am holding this stock, it might not have Nvidia or Intel upward movement but they look like they've turned the corner and it should keep rising.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT