ADVERTISEMENT

GoT Season 8 (spoilers)

I know they had set the stage on things and bring certain characters back together, but it was a bit slow. I’m sure it’ll get better and can’t wait to see how it plays out.

I thought it was a very solid first episode.
The big reveal to Jon by a very distraught Sam- this set the stage for a rift between Jon and Dany
Arya had her reunions and each seemed to have its own story. The weapon she requests from Gendry was interesting. Also they way she defended Sansa when Jon was going to make fun of her, think that somehow plays out in the Stark family.
Jaime seeing Bran was great ( although man Bran is a buzzkill)
Finally the Night King is marching and leaving notes/warnings

solid start IMO

I thought it was a very solid first episode.
The big reveal to Jon by a very distraught Sam- this set the stage for a rift between Jon and Dany
Arya had her reunions and each seemed to have its own story. The weapon she requests from Gendry was interesting. Also they way she defended Sansa when Jon was going to make fun of her, think that somehow plays out in the Stark family.
Jaime seeing Bran was great ( although man Bran is a buzzkill)
Finally the Night King is marching and leaving notes/warnings

solid start IMO
Had to view it a second time, and for me definitely a boring -set the scene opener- but some interesting overdue moments. I enjoyed Brans line “I’m waiting for an old friend”. Though Bran rushes others to commands he loves to sloth about.
The Sansa loves Snow stuff is too obvious imho and I expect Dany to die soon.
Arya scene with Hound and Gendry was cleverly done. Will she sneak up on Nightking with that weapon?
I hated Sam’s distraught reaction, I didn’t buy it and I felt like Emilia Clarke had a poor episode of acting minus the dragons comment. Maybe in 2 years she forgot the character.
i am Curious if Snow tells Danny in person who his father is or in public to see reaction.
Tyrion looks inept.

Hoping we get a full eisodes worth of the Red Priestesses/red army and why whytes are actually marching soon.

Should be some great action coming

At least we learned that Ed Sheeran's character got his face burned off and has not eye lids.

Bran feels like that Mother-in Law that came to visit, and is strangely present when you turn around (like the commercial).

Cercei who wants to eliminate her whole remaining family with the crossbow and disappointment with no Elephants.

Jamie's trial should be fun as they rehash his past actions.

I think it was a solid set up for what is to come. Only 5 more shows to go and plenty to die along the way.

Had to view it a second time, and for me definitely a boring -set the scene opener- but some interesting overdue moments. I enjoyed Brans line “I’m waiting for an old friend”. Though Bran rushes others to commands he loves to sloth about.
The Sansa loves Snow stuff is too obvious imho and I expect Dany to die soon.
Arya scene with Hound and Gendry was cleverly done. Will she sneak up on Nightking with that weapon?
I hated Sam’s distraught reaction, I didn’t buy it and I felt like Emilia Clarke had a poor episode of acting minus the dragons comment. Maybe in 2 years she forgot the character.
i am Curious if Snow tells Danny in person who his father is or in public to see reaction.
Tyrion looks inept.

Hoping we get a full eisodes worth of the Red Priestesses/red army and why whytes are actually marching soon.

Should be some great action coming
You think Sansa loves Jon?

I agree that Dany sucks, I hope she turns out to be evil and dies.

I kinda hope the night king is able to speak at some point or they elaborate on their motives.

Reactions: EyesOpen83
I wonder what the cost to have 3 prostitutes at once was back then? If I ever get my time machine working, there are things I need to know.

Last edited:
I wonder what the cost to have 3 prostitutes at once was back then? If I ever get my time machine working, there are things I need to know.

th

You think Sansa loves Jon?

I agree that Dany sucks, I hope she turns out to be evil and dies.

I kinda hope the night king is able to speak at some point or they elaborate on their motives.
I do think Sansa and Snow end up together. Knowing Martin he may kill all Starks but if a couple survives i think it’s them

Kind of wondering what will happen with Gendry, I don’t expect him to end up on the Iron Throne being Robert’s bastard but they’ve kept his character around for a reason.

Reactions: rulli4fsu
Kind of wondering what will happen with Gendry, I don’t expect him to end up on the Iron Throne being Robert’s bastard but they’ve kept his character around for a reason.

I think it is a situation similar to Hodor. Where Buzzkill Bran kept him part of the story because Gendry is the only blacksmith that could make the weapon that someone ( has to be Arya right) uses to either end the war or kill someone significant

Reactions: foleynole
I. believe its going to take the next two episodes to take care of the white king and then the last two episodes to sort out who sits the iron throne. Of course some of the claimants or would be claimants are likely to meet their fate before the end of the white walkers............provided they are actually defeated.

It actually feels like GoT has slowed down the pace in season 8 after speeding it up in season 7.

Two set-up episodes, but obviously it's going to finally hit the fan next Sunday...
Exactly, season 7 was way to fast paced. No major action happened last night but I loved the episode. Thought it was brilliant. When has there ever been this many characters together? Think it was a perfect calm before the storm and odds are it’s the last time you get meaningful dialogue from some of these characters as many will possibly get killed off next week.

Btw...notice you didn’t see the Night King in the final shot? Mark my word-he ain’t there, him and the ice dragon are headed to Kings Landing.

I read A LOT of fantasy and I really don't get the GOT hype. I think I made it through the first two seasons but to me, it seemed that all of the characters pick the dumbest option of choices laid out before them, I find it more than annoying.

I read A LOT of fantasy and I really don't get the GOT hype. I think I made it through the first two seasons but to me, it seemed that all of the characters pick the dumbest option of choices laid out before them, I find it more than annoying.
Aren't almost all TV shows and movies like that? If people don't make dumb choices there would be very little drama...

Exactly, season 7 was way to fast paced. No major action happened last night but I loved the episode. Thought it was brilliant. When has there ever been this many characters together? Think it was a perfect calm before the storm and odds are it’s the last time you get meaningful dialogue from some of these characters as many will possibly get killed off next week.

Btw...notice you didn’t see the Night King in the final shot? Mark my word-he ain’t there, him and the ice dragon are headed to Kings Landing.
Interesting observation on the night king and dragon. That would be a nice twist but Bran said he will come so not sure how they accomplish both. I was shocked how many “generals” wyghts now have.
I didn’t mind the slow pacing last night as I expect a great episode of action next week. Some great scenes, Daenerys and Tyrion continue to look out of place this season in every way. Both look expendable at any moment.
Arya, that look on her face after- I immediately thought, if she takes Gendrys face what door does that open? Creepy but true.
Loved the knighting Brienne scene, powerful acting.
Still no words on the red priestesses and army of fire so curious what’s going on there

Last edited:

Very astute observation, wouldn't that be a blast if it's true?
First two episodes have been fun, watching them rehash all their close encounters. Jaime, of course gets a pass, Arya gets a lay, Brienne gets knighted, Jon let's Dany in on the big surprise. Sam announces they're "all going to die", wait...wasn't he the first to kill a white walker? Certainly their defense involves more than luring the Night King to his death using Bran as bait. I would like to see wholesale conflagration on the battlefield and hopefully a dragon dogfight.

Buzzkill pretty much sealed Jaime's fate. Will it be this next episode?

Will Uncle Benjen once again pop out of nowhere and save Bran again from the dead? I seriously doubt Theon will last very long while "protecting Bran" and could they have picked a worse soldier to protect such an important character? Or will Buzzkill warg into a wolf/dragon(ice maybe hmmm) or possibly a squirrel before the final death blow?

Will Dany's dragons be enough to turn the tide or will the ice dragon keep them occupied?

What about the Red Witch? Is this group ever going to use their magic for good or too busy finding more living children to burn?

Since 95 percent of the characters are at Winterfell the show ends here if everyone is killed; We know there are 3 more episodes that will not center around Cersei. But what is the escape/retreat plan? Odd that none have been mentioned with the characters talk of their impending doom.

Last edited:
So which characters get taken out during the battle with the dead? I’m going with:

Grey Worm
Jamie
Brienne
Jorah

a sports betting site has Jamie as favorite to be first killed at 5/1
so he seems to be the popular choice

agree on first 3, and will add Theon
Heartsbane being given to Jorah seems significant so I think he makes it through the battle

Did Hodor become one of the "dead" after he was killed holding the door? I can't remember?

I assumed he had the Dragon Glass axe made for both his brother and the white walkers.
I think the Night King kills mountain and turns him and then Wyght Mountain vs Hound in a few weeks.
What I don’t get is the Waif is still Arya rumors. They don’t make sense, the scar theory is weak. The Waif wouldn’t know all these familial relationships or about Gendry or ask for a weapon to kill walkers, or know history of needle, or about Mellisandre and Snow, etc...

I think the Night King kills mountain and turns him and then Wyght Mountain vs Hound in a few weeks.
What I don’t get is the Waif is still Arya rumors. They don’t make sense, the scar theory is weak. The Waif wouldn’t know all these familial relationships or about Gendry or ask for a weapon to kill walkers, or know history of needle, or about Mellisandre and Snow, etc...
Never heard the waif thing but it would be cool if they had written it that way to make sense. Why would the Waif go and kill the Freys, etc.? There's no way it's true at this point.

Isn't The Mountain a Walker? I thought so.

This is what I guessed as well but maybe it is different due to how he was brought back. We have seen 3 different types of resurrections in this show, one from the lord of light the other by the Night King and a potential third was a reanimation from the apothecary. I know anyone who is resurrected from the LOL can be killed thus one of the characters having been resurrected multiple times. But it has never been stated if the resurrection and reanimation followed the same rules on how they can be killed.

Clearly, I am in the minority on this one, but I thought the last episode was pretty bad. Talk about lazy writing(feels like that since they dont have Martin content to draw from), conversations between Sansa and Dany, then Dany and Jon conveniently cut short right when it was about to be interesting, so lame. Starting to feel more like a teen drama than a fantasy series.

Agree with the poster who said Night King is headed to KL. I just dont see how you dont show him or the ice dragon outside Winterfell.

Also think most of the characters who dont matter(those who have no shot at the throne) will die in the WW battle.

What is a “waif” and what’s the Arya theory? Clearly I don’t follow the show super closely, I watch every episode but haven’t read much about it or the books for that matter.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT