ADVERTISEMENT

Hurricane Florence

Dm5XdEjW4AESgPp.jpg:large

Want to embed the Star Trek nebula sound, but I can't find it.

Cow7DM.jpg

fxZntu.jpg

0pQ6Oi.jpg

Those eye images are UNREAL scary cool!!!

https://www.wptv.com/news/local-new...urricane-hunters-fly-into-the-eye-of-florence

The Weather Channel anchor just said the NHC located an 86-foot wave in the NE quadrant of the storm. Any surfers in here interested?

Reactions: noleone99
I find it interesting that the Coastal Carolina-Campbell football game in Conway (essentially Myrtle Beach) will be played today at 2:00. One would think that all public resources would be focused on the incoming storm.

I find it interesting that the Coastal Carolina-Campbell football game in Conway (essentially Myrtle Beach) will be played today at 2:00. One would think that all public resources would be focused on the incoming storm.

And BC is supposed to play at Wake tomorrow night. That has to be canceled by now, right???

BC Wake on a week night will have like 10k fans (less in this circumstance) so it can't really take that many public resources away. Maybe push the game up a couple hours to get the game in and get BC back on their plane.

Just noticed the game's been moved to Buies Creek, NC to Campbell's home field.

Flying from DC to TLH on Sunday.
Currently supposed to have a layover in Charlotte, but can change it to Miami.
My question is, based on the current path, could you even fly from DC to Miami to the east or would you have to go all the way around the west of the storm?

My question is, based on the current path, could you even fly from DC to Miami to the east or would you have to go all the way around the west of the storm?
Can't answer your question, but I have been wondering if & how this would affect travel plans from Tally to Syracuse.

IIRC, this was moved to Vandy's field in Nashville.

Not according to the ESPN site:

Thursday, September 13th
5:30 PM ET ESPN

Boston College

(2-0, 0-0 ACC)

Wake Forest
(2-0, 0-0 ACC)

BB&T Field
Winston-salem, NC
http://www.accuweather.com/

81° F
1,327 as low as $2
Line: BC -4.5
O/U: 53
PickCenter
PLAYERS TO WATCH
GAMECASTCONVERSATIONPICKCENTER

It would seem that this will have little to no impact on our game if everything holds true to forecast. The storm is supposed to be near NC SC border on Friday when Im guessing the team will fly out. Saturday coming home it could still be near SC GA line but the SE quadrant of a storm is usually not that big and hopefully would not cause any difficulties landing.

Im assuming that we charter a flight and go straight through to Syracuse but if they have to go to Atlanta then all bets are off as this should muck up pretty much all flights I would think commercially as schedules get rearranged.

Reactions: NoleLizards
Not according to the ESPN site:

Thursday, September 13th
5:30 PM ET ESPN

Boston College

(2-0, 0-0 ACC)

Wake Forest
(2-0, 0-0 ACC)

BB&T Field
Winston-salem, NC

81° F
1,327 as low as $2
Line: BC -4.5
O/U: 53
PickCenter
PLAYERS TO WATCH
GAMECASTCONVERSATIONPICKCENTER

That's right, this one was moved up to 4:30p on Thursday. There was another one moved to Vandy, just not recalling which one...

UVa and Ohio U... that one.

Reactions: NoleLizards
That's right, this one was moved up to 4:30p on Thursday. There was another one moved to Vandy, just not recalling which one...

UVa and Ohio U... that one.
With the updated forecast, UVa-Ohio could well be moving into worse weather in Nashville.

Reactions: GoNolesTX
BC Wake on a week night will have like 10k fans (less in this circumstance) so it can't really take that many public resources away. Maybe push the game up a couple hours to get the game in and get BC back on their plane.

With people evacuating the coast of NC, I am thinking some will end up in the Winston Salem area. If this is the case, they may be looking for something to do. Who knows, attendance might be assisted by playing the game instead of cancelling it.

Connecting flight through London is probably best.

Reactions: GoNolesTX
Reactions: NYCNole
I work for Duke Energy, our nuclear operations people are top notch. They will make the right decisions.

Solar panel farms & wind turbines will be destroyed and take months to rebuild. This is why coal, natural gas & nuclear energy is needed.

Dm6s3bsX4AA9AGl.jpg:large

I'm flying from Atlanta to Buffalo for the Syracuse game, and supposed to fly back Sunday. I'm wondering if I'll get back if the storm is in North Georgia on Sunday as some predict.

To complicate matters, my daughter is in Savannah, and some of the models now have that within the cone.

Very stressful.

I work for Duke Energy, our nuclear operations people are top notch. They will make the right decisions.

Solar panel farms & wind turbines will be destroyed and take months to rebuild. This is why coal, natural gas & nuclear energy is needed.

Assuming all your utilities are under ground.....

Reactions: billanole
Well we are back in the cone of death and am changing my plans; going home tomorrow. I need to get home in case they close the bridge to entering HHI. As of now we plan on riding it out as it looks like we get TS winds and rain at worst. Big concern is if it shifts much more south then we get hit with a CAT 1 maybe. Oh well' what is funny is HHI had not been hit with a Hurricane in over 150 years and now we have been hit with a TS or worse the last 3 years.

Here is an old link for Ranger with some insight into the Black Mountain area he is considering. One of Asheville’s reservoirs is just north of nearby Swannanoa and is talked about in this article.
These were both lesser storms, but they caused long term damage to our area and killed five people in one landslide alone.
https://www.citizen-times.com/story...ces-ivan-impact-lingers-years-later/15217637/
BTW, as I headed home on I-40 this afternoon there were three caravans of bucket trucks headed east into the danger zone. Hats off to these folks and hopes for their safety... Surely there are others enroute even as I type.
It was hard to read their names in the other direction, but I think they are:
ARC out of Phenix City, AL
Bowlin out of Walton, KY
Townsend (?) out of possibly Townsend, TN or Townsend County, GA
Thanks. I understand that everywhere has their weather issues. Even if the damaging weather events were the same for HHI and the NC MTNS we would rather live in the mtns. Being outside in July/Aug and not being soaking wet from the humidity is very appealing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT