ADVERTISEMENT

I'm being inundated with phone calls from Apple

F4Gary

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2001
Grapevine, Tx
A 702 area code. I have no Apple products. WTFrag. I've searched the phone number and it is an Apple store in Las Vegas. It just goes to voicemail.

Solicitators with my area code call multiple times a day from somewhere out of our area. *&#@‘**$ have free rein to call on cell phones these days.

Solicitators with my area code call multiple times a day from somewhere out of our area. *&#@‘**$ have free rein to call on cell phones these days.

Same thing with me...I call some of them back and it gives a weird tone then just goes dead..

I've also been getting a lot of calls from mortgage/refinance companies according to the caller ID. I hardly ever answer my phone anymore.

Reactions: dmm5157
My caller ID went from just showing the full (unknown) number, to showing a caller ID like “scam likely” and “nuisance” . I have to check the call log to see actual number.

But again, I see local numbers that a few skips down googles show me as scammers from India that ghost local numbers.

One, I thought was great, was that would give me a low interest loan, unsecured, of $10k, if I’d only go to my closest Walgreens and make my first payment via western union, or Apple iTunes card. That’s right, they accepted the first payment via iTunes card.

Spoofed numbers used by scammers.
Yeah, I know. I've actually seen my own phone number on the caller ID.
I just don't get the Apple angle. I own zero Apple products and have never gone to their websites.

It's gotten to the point where noone answers a non-contact. If a regular # comes up, it gets swiped to ignore immediately. I've missed calls for work and vice versa, and either have to receive/send a vm or text to know it's a legit call.

I would love to prank or expose these guys. There is an audio somewhere of a comedian recording a telemarketer and pretending to be a homicide detective and questioning the caller since he might be involved, it was hilarious.

I downloaded the app TrueCaller on my phone and it has greatly cut down the number of spam calls I get. I still get them on my office phone, but not as often on my cell.

I downloaded the app TrueCaller on my phone and it has greatly cut down the number of spam calls I get. I still get them on my office phone, but not as often on my cell.

I do the same with Mr. Number, it's been pretty effective. Some still get through.

With three kids, and one at college, I feel like I have to answer every call. With my daughter at college, if something happened and a friend/bystander tried to reach me, their number could be any area code. Even with my local kids here...so many people carry their same number with old area codes, if they had to borrow a phone from an adult or someone was calling me from the scene of an accident, it could be from anywhere. I hate it, but if Mr. Number doesn't reject it as previously reported spam, I have to answer.

I don't answer unidentified. And now I'm seeing a new twist...the calling number displays as having the exactly the same first 6-8 digits of my phone number. I don't know if that's some attempt to scam people into thinking it's a very local call, or what, but that's become a tell I can ignore it.

I have Should I Answer on my cell and it works pretty well. It's my land line that is getting all the spam.

Yes, I still have a land line. Get off my lawn!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT