Jameis being investigated for groping Uber driver NEW: Jameis Responds

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkFSU

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Mar 29, 2002
Tampa, FL
This is not going to help him get into the Nissan Heisman House.

Link to full story: https://www.buzzfeed.com/talalansari/jameis-winston?utm_term=.wb63w3Ax8#.mbjkVk3rB

Edit with Jameis Response: http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sqasop

Jameis' Statement:
A news organization has published a story about me regarding an alleged incident involving a female Uber driver from approximately two years ago. The story falsely accuses me of making inappropriate contact with this driver. I believe the driver was confused as to the number of passengers in the car and who was sitting next to her. The accusation is false, and given the nature of the allegation and increased awareness and consideration of these types of matters, I am addressing this false report immediately. At the time of the alleged incident, I denied the allegations to Uber, yet they still decided to suspend my account.

I am supportive of the national movement to raise awareness and develop better responses to the concerns of parties who find themselves in these types of situations, but this accusation is false. While I am certain that I did not make any inappropriate contact, I don’t want to engage in a battle with the driver and I regret if my demeanor or presence made her uncomfortable in any way.

Last edited:
Fake news
I hope so, but read the story in the link. Not good at all.

The NFL is investigating an allegation that Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Jameis Winston grabbed a female Uber driver’s crotch in 2016, BuzzFeed News has learned.

A letter, viewed by BuzzFeed News, was sent from the NFL’s special counsel for investigations, Lisa Friel, to the Uber driver on Thursday. “The League has been informed that you may have been the victim of such a violation perpetrated by Tampa Bay Buccaneers player Jameis Winston. The league takes allegations of this nature very seriously and has opened an investigation into this matter,” the letter read.

Kate, a female Uber driver, was hailed to the lively party scene of downtown Scottsdale, Arizona to pick up a passenger around 2 a.m. on Sunday March 13, 2016. There, Kate told BuzzFeed News that a small group of men excitedly told her that she would be chauffeuring someone famous that night — Jameis Winston, 2013 Heisman Trophy winner and now quarterback for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

The men placed Winston in the front passenger seat — Kate said he was the only passenger. “I started driving, and right away, Jameis behaved poorly” by shouting, in part, homophobic slurs at pedestrians, said Kate, who did not want to be identified for fear of negative attention and potential backlash from football fans. He then asked to stop for food.

Waiting in line at the drive-thru of Los Betos Mexican Food, “he reached over and he just grabbed my crotch,” Kate said, alleging that Winston held his hand there for three to five seconds and removed it only after she looked up in shock and said, “What’s up with that?”

“I wasn't just creeped out,” said Kate, who had been driving with Uber for more than two years at that point. (She no longer drives for the service.) “I was frozen.” She described Winston as “very physically imposing.”

“I mean he's an NFL quarterback and I’m 5 ft 6. I’m not prepared for that. So I completely froze,” she said, worried that she might provoke an unwanted reaction.

Not only is FSU present a disaster but our past will now be tarnished also.

I guess he's now qualified to be the president

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ugh, hope it's not true, seems like his representatives are saying he ordered the ride for someone else. Doesn't seem at all like him, but these days, what the hell do I know.

Cell tower data should be able to show if it was in fact Jameis in the car or someone else.

Will wait for the facts, but this sounds pretty damning.

She doesn’t seem like she has a financial angle. We will see.

Reactions: jbm7077

Not defending Jameis here. But she was driving for Uber, so she certainly isn't rich.

I guess he's now qualified to be the president

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ugh, hope it's not true, seems like his representatives are saying he ordered the ride for someone else. Doesn't seem at all like him, but these days, what the hell do I know.

Cell tower data should be able to show if it was in fact Jameis in the car or someone else.
Doubtful people will cover for him while destroying the female victims like they did for 42, so he isn't quite ready to be President.

Mentioned it before but Jameis is a creeper. We can keep denying it but dude is off. We only hear about 1 girl at FSU, but there were other allegations of sexual misconduct that didn't go as far. Said it then that a sexual predator is who he is and if he was it would continue to happen. Now we have this. Not saying it's true but we can't make excuses and deny dude has an issue no matter his football talent.

Reactions: jbm7077

Why is this coming out in late 2017? I look at this the same way I looked at EK - I wasn’t there and don’t know what happened. But I will look objectify at evidence and I have issues with stuff being claimed at the height of “me too.”

I don’t even assume no financial angle. That always ends up being part of things.

I hate the idea of the NFL being a criminal investigative agency. It’s uniquely unequipped and is more interested in league stuff than fairness.

Apparently no facts or proof is needed for anything these days. Wake me up when there are some facts to support.
Wake you up after some facts? Driver reported it to Uber, the report is in the story, the account on the ride was Jameis. Uber suspended Jameis' account. She told several people at the time. Not saying this is a true allegation, but there are certainly some "facts."

Why is this coming out in late 2017? I look at this the same way I looked at EK - I wasn’t there and don’t know what happened. But I will look objectify at evidence and I have issues with stuff being claimed at the height of “me too.”

I don’t even assume no financial angle. That always ends up being part of things.

I hate the idea of the NFL being a criminal investigative agency. It’s uniquely unequipped and is more interested in league stuff than fairness.
Probably because there is a lot of these stories coming out now. Women are now more emboldened to come out with these stories.

Reactions: PageNole9
He is not listed in the sexual harassment pool I’m in. Looking back, I’m surprised his name is not being bet on.

Apparently no facts or proof is needed for anything these days. Wake me up when there are some facts to support.
Maybe if it's your first accusation. But when you have been accused of something more than once, people start to wonder.

Reactions: bigdadd11103
While these kind of things are inflamatory I reserve judgement until all the facts come out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT