ADVERTISEMENT

Mariota

Doss03

Starter
Gold Member
Aug 19, 2011
Gets sacked and then throws and interception on his first Drive lol

I can really see him being a below average NFL qb

I actually think he can be a Good NFL QB, but seeing that 1st Drive he is simply not ready to play. Need a Year , maybe 2 on the Bench to get adjusted to NFL Style defenses. But with the way The Spirts Media is they will demand he plays because "he's the Future Face of the franchise"

I actually think he can be a Good NFL QB, but seeing that 1st Drive he is simply not ready to play. Need a Year , maybe 2 on the Bench to get adjusted to NFL Style defenses. But with the way The Spirts Media is they will demand he plays because "he's the Future Face of the franchise"
2nd drive not any better maybe 3rd time is the charm glad Jameis is in Tampa

Reactions: front_line_nole
giphy.gif

THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!

Has looked good throwing 6-yard outs when his first read was there. Then, 11-yard sack followed by an interception on a screen pass.

The sack was because his center got bowled over, that is really his fault? And the RB wasnt looking on the screen. Granted, wouldnt have gone anywhere had he caught it so he probably shouldnt have made the pass, but the actual INT was just as much on the RB as the QB. It is preseason and he is a rookie, he is going to make mistakes. Learning from mistakes is the important thing.

When's the last time the Bucs have had a winning record? Feeling confident about 1-0.

Read an article earlier that mentioned Mariota's preseason practice interceptions compared to those Jameis has thrown. Maybe this will quiet that talk. Probably not though.

Read an article earlier that mentioned Mariota's preseason practice interceptions compared to those Jameis has thrown. Maybe this will quiet that talk. Probably not though.

He has made one big mistake. Yes 2 TOs, but one was a pass swatted out of his hand, which happens to everyone here and there. Assuming his day is done, he was 7-8 94 yards, 1 INT and 1 fumble. His final drive he looked every bit of an NFL QB.

It's not that I hate MM, but, I'm just so over the "choir boy" does "everything right" better than Jameis this guy gets served up as. Not his fault, but, it is what it is. He's having a better 3rd possession leading the Titans on a TD drive. JAMEIS ALL DAY OVER HERE. GO NOLES!

Mariota is just like Jameis. Jameis threw a TD on his first pass in G&G (spring game), and now Marcus has done the same.

Reactions: Archetype
I thought he could handle passing when lining up under center? Cause they are calling 98% of his throws from the shotgun.

Titans camp has been talking a lot of S@#t for a team that looks like they have a spread QB. Good luck with that Tennessee

He has been great in camp from all the noise I hear. I'm a Steeler fan who supports Jameis and watching MM drive for that TD reminds me why da Steeler's let their old DC walk after last season. Absolutely terrible defense. Go Noles!

Last edited:
Of course he is looking good out of the shotgun. That's all he's got. Nobody is going to respect your running game if your QB can't run play action though

Maybe but not any time soon. He needs a couple years.

Gets sacked and then throws and interception on his first Drive lol
But wait....he threw no interceptions during the inter squad scrimmages and training camp drills....I really thought he was going to be the next Montana based on that fact alone...I'm appalled...;)

Ryan Leaf looked great in his first pre-season game, as I recall. Or at least, he had good stats.

Yes, he did look better on the last drive. Not sure what defensive personnel the Falcons had in.

It doesnt matter. He is a rookie playing in his first live action. He is going to make mistakes, as is Jameis. And at times, he is probably going to look great, as will Jameis. As a rookie in preseason, it is almost better to see some mistakes, so they can be worked on. Much better to make mistakes now, so they can possibly be fixed, than during the season. Especially since you know they are going to happen.

In saying that, I thought his mistakes were very minor. The INT, probably shouldnt have been thrown, but I thought it was a poor playcall, and the RB wasnt looking for the ball. If he is at least looking, then it is either a completed pass that goes nowhere, or an incompletion. And on the fumble, he probably could have taken a step up in the pocket and maybe avoided the defenders arm. But getting a feel for an NFL pocket is something that simply takes time, so I dont make much of that.

He struggled when lining up under center and did well when in the shot gun. Regardless of whether it's his first NFL game or not, that does not speak well of his progress so far in camp.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT