ADVERTISEMENT

Need some new dress shoes for new job

Osceola1728

Starter
Mar 29, 2002
So, I got a new outside sales position and the dress is business casual and I need some good looking and COMFORTABLE dress shoes. Ill be doing alot of waking all day. A friend suggested Borne. What say you?

My usual dress when I work from home 95% of the time is shorts, T-shirt and sometimes beach sandals if I am working outside under the tiki umbrella. If I go to the office and it is one of those rare days I want to dress up, I'll do khakis, a golf shirt and rock the Rockports, which are really comfortable. I think I've worn them twice this year when I need to meet with the bigshots.

So, I got a new outside sales position and the dress is business casual and I need some good looking and COMFORTABLE dress shoes. Ill be doing alot of waking all day. A friend suggested Borne. What say you?
Ecco hands down are the best in comfort, wear and look good!

Reactions: Bartdog
I have some casual dress Cole Haan Lunargrands (Nike sole) that are ridiculously comfortable, but I wouldn't wear them with anything dressier than some golf slacks and a polo.

I'll echo ecco. Get them on sale if you can. They regularly go half price at Dillards. Recently saw them 1/2 off on amazon, too.

Cole Haan. The ones with the Nike Air soles. They have several styles. I have 5 pair. Nice looking super comfortable.

I also recommend the Eccos. I just have the casual slip on, but they've held up well for over 2yrs and are like wearing tennis shoes. Ive had similar Cole Haans and the stitching started coming apart after a yr. Both are in the 100-$150 range. If I was going to be wearing them everyday, I might look into Allen Edmonds, which are about double that.

283541_366_45.jpg

Last edited:
I have some casual dress Cole Haan Lunargrands (Nike sole) that are ridiculously comfortable, but I wouldn't wear them with anything dressier than some golf slacks and a polo.

That's what I'll be wearing. I've got the golf slacks. Lowes is sending me several nike golf polos. I just need some comfortable slip on dress shoes.

You obviously know your clientele so well. No way you don't succeed.

Less than 10 % of the people I'll be dealing with will be the "Redwing" wearing type. Plus, Redwings won't look good with golf slacks and a polo. :)

Without a doubt ECCO!! I have four pair and love them all. If you will be on your feet all day, they are worth every penny you will pay for them.

Do you want slip on shoes or dress shoes?

I weep for the future.
Yeah, I think he might be getting mixed up with dress and casual shoes. He said golf pants and polos, so a good slip on would be perfect. Dress shoes would look out of place.

Without a doubt ECCO!! I have four pair and love them all. If you will be on your feet all day, they are worth every penny you will pay for them.
and the other great thing about them is they don't LOOK like comfortable shoes. I like Rockports, but they tend to give off a door-to-door salesman vibe with the way they look.

I got in a while ago after a 14 hour day mostly on my feet. Saturday and Sunday will be similar. We have 6 sales a year (6 paydays) so it is all hands on deck to make it happen.
My go to has been a Scarpa approach shoe for years. European made to climbing standards of quality material... We are casual enough that what is really a climbing shoe that looks sharp enough is good to go. These kicks are good for thousands of miles and at the end of the day, the support and quality means that my legs/feet are not tired.
Of course, as DSF notes, a good set of Red Wings does a man good. I wore them and Danners for years.

https://www.scarpa.com/zen#

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT