ADVERTISEMENT

Netflex recommendations.

have seen all ranch episodes. like I posted earlier language is a little strong and yes ashton Kutcher wears some fantastic gear.

decent show, thought the one character decision really brought down the last few episodes

Ok just finished “You”. It was very good. You all are batting .1000. I’ve been told the Punisher this season is very good. What say you?

You is a fascinating phenomenon; it’s really shaking up the TV industry at the moment. The fact that it bombed under its original branding and thrived under Netflix branding has sent a cold shiver through a number of the TV companies.

Got through 5 episodes of You and had to give up. Thought it was terrible.

Watching You now. Both wife and I think it is good. Curious to see how it ends up, but there is some crazy stuff going on.

New show on Netflix called Sex Education is pretty good as well. Finished that off last week.
That’s up next in my queue. I will watch anything with Gillian Anderson.

We watched the new Netflix Mads Mikkleson movie, Polar, last night. It’s a lot of fun, Mads and Vanessa Hudgens are excellent, the movie has a throwback ridiculousness that reminded me of old Guy Ritchie and Park Chan-Wook movies.

Black Mirror is fun. I love The Ozarks because I know so many of the extras. Started Godless (haven’t finished it yet).

The Fyre musical festival documentary is awesome..

Also. Just got done watching the 4 episodes of the Ted Bundy tapes. And that was really interesting. Would definitely recommend

Also just binged “you” these last two days.. and the fiancé and I really liked it.. thought it was really good the first few episodes but kind of got a little goofy on the last few.. but still enjoyed it.

New show on Netflix called Sex Education is pretty good as well. Finished that off last week.
As has happened a couple of times lately, I am watching bingeing along thinking there are a couple of seasons in the series and I very abruptly hit the last episode. I thought Sex Education was pretty good. Gillian does not disappoint.

Russian Doll was interesting. It's only one season, so not a big investment in time.

I need to get back to finish Travelers. It reminds me of The Americans where it gets a little repetitive. The Americans had one of the best series finales ever, though.

If you can handle foreign films with subtitles and want something different, try Midnight Diner: Tokyo Stories. Kind of like short stories. Very popular series in Japan.

Last edited:
Just started You. It kinda reminds me of Dexter. Maybe it’s the internal dialogue.... it’s been crazy! Thanks for the recommendation.

Innocent man was good.

I saw the movie Dumpling. My wife and daughter really liked it. I thought it was sappy. Not that good.

Just finished Lovesick and Friends from College if you liked Sex Education.

We really liked Lovesick. Was not as big of a fan of Friends from College. Friends from College was just cancelled today as well.

Started watching The Umbrella Academy last night. First two episodes interested me enough to keep at it. Definitely has some potential.

I liked friends from college. I will check out Love sick

No one? Really?

1049095-sedhighres0003-lr.jpg

Reactions: SoddyNole
No one? Really?

1049095-sedhighres0003-lr.jpg

I have watched 4 of these so far. The first one which is this picture was really good. Second was ok. 3 was very good also and 4 was ok. Not bad overall and you can go through these short stories very quickly which is nice when you want to watch something without having to invest a lot of time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phinhead
Watched the first two episodes of The Umbrella Academy. Still undecided if the the wife and I will stick with it.
Kevin Hart special was pretty funny.
I have watched 4 of these so far. The first one which is this picture was really good. Second was ok. 3 was very good also and 4 was ok. Not bad overall and you can go through these short stories very quickly which is nice when you want to watch something without having to invest a lot of time.

What is the name of the show?

Started to watch Quicksand seems real good so far
“You” was very good.
The Last Kingdom is very good. Looking forward for season 4 coming soon.
“Spartacus” is very entertaining.
Atypical of season 1 was entertaining I have not seen season 2.

Let me know what you like.

I've started season one of Suburra, and it's much better than I expected.

Bad blood has great reviews but jury is still out after 4 shows.

Any reviews for The Umbrella Academy?

You will come away entertained or annoyed. To me it is what you would get if you averaged Watchmen and Preacher. A dose of drama with a good amount of quirkiness and a fantastic sound track. I plan on watching the second season.

You will come away entertained or annoyed. To me it is what you would get if you averaged Watchmen and Preacher. A dose of drama with a good amount of quirkiness and a fantastic sound track. I plan on watching the second season.
2 episodes in. Loving it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT