ADVERTISEMENT

Netflex recommendations.

Any reviews for The Umbrella Academy?
Its weird and uneven, but i enjoyed it. Characters are mostly likable and it doesn’t take itself too seriously.

Btw, super sad that Ash vs Evil Dead hasn’t been picked up by netflix, its perfect for them.

I'd like to vouch for Travelers as well. Excellent show. If you like western stuff, Longmire is outstanding.

Bloodline was great in Season One. Excellent villain. It didn't maintain. Sam Shepherd, Cissy Spacek, and Ben Mendelssohn is fantastic.
I agree about Bloodlines. In the last season, I was ready for it to end.

Black Mirror is fun. I love The Ozarks because I know so many of the extras. Started Godless (haven’t finished it yet).

I did not like the first one in season 5 and stopped watching half way through. I'm just not interested in that subject matter. In a very stark contrast the second one in season 5 imho is by far the best of the entire run. I will not say too much as to not spoil it other than what a well directed episode with a very powerful message at the end.

Reactions: RealtyNole
Sinner season one was very good. But I just saw Sinner season 2. Amazing.

Why did none of you tell me about it.

Reactions: LauderdaleNole
Sinner season one was very good. But I just saw Sinner season 2. Amazing.

Why did none of you tell me about it.
Sinner is good.
Marcella has 2 seasons and is similar in genre.

a0bf531f42f1ecd3cb4d4ca79c04ca859aad8aa9.jpg

Ok Marcella season 2 was very good as well. I highly recommend this series. Amazing. Really good twists and turns. She is a very original character.

I came across a very good movie on Netflix - Beasts of No Nation - a story of a child captured by an anti-government warlord and forced to join his army. Its brutal, real and some of the best child acting I've seen.

beasts_of_no_nation_still_h_15_c_netflix.jpg

Any new good series to binge? The last few you all recommended were awesome.

Someone else said the same thing to me. Thanks

The second “To make a Muderer” is really slow and kind of boring. I do not recommend

Just saw Black Mirror. It is a series with stand alone story lines with actors we recognize. Much like Twilight Zone. The first two were very good. I was not sold on the 3 one but I’m looking forward to continue to watch.

Is Amazon recommendation allowed?

The Boys is amazing to binge. Exceptional cast and jaw dropping moments in spades

I just finished this and thought it was good. The problem I had with this show was the Amazon streaming not showing the next episode in order. In all the years of streaming, I have never encountered this before. In a good show I will watch two episodes back to back. After the first is completed, I will run to kitchen, bathroom while credits are running and let it auto start the next episode. Amazon showed episode 8, finale, right after episode 1 which killed a lot of the surprise in the first season. Then it skipped episode 4 or 5,?, and went to 6. It was very odd that occurred twice in this series and I would have enjoyed it a lot more without the spoilers for sure.

I just finished this and thought it was good. The problem I had with this show was the Amazon streaming not showing the next episode in order. In all the years of streaming, I have never encountered this before. In a good show I will watch two episodes back to back. After the first is completed, I will run to kitchen, bathroom while credits are running and let it auto start the next episode. Amazon showed episode 8, finale, right after episode 1 which killed a lot of the surprise in the first season. Then it skipped episode 4 or 5,?, and went to 6. It was very odd that occurred twice in this series and I would have enjoyed it a lot more without the spoilers for sure.
That’s crazy! That wasn’t my experience at all, they started immediately in order after each episode same as my other amazon or netflix. Stinks!

I have been trying to finish I-Land for some reason. It may be the worst acting in a series to date and leaves you wondering was this something CW had canceled? And yet the concept of the show is very interesting and would have been entertaining if done well. But we don't have that here. The directing, script and just about everything else is so very bad one has to watch just to appreciate how bad a bad show can get. It is quite impressive a show like this can get past a pilot and hold true to its awfulness.

edit. I finished this series and glad to report it stayed true to form all the way to the end. Not quite Troll 2 level but pretty darn close, nice try though.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT