ADVERTISEMENT

Netflex recommendations.

Travelers is pretty darned good....just engaging and well written. As for series to watch....pure escapism....if you have Cinemax, try Banshee - also has plenty of boobs...attached to very pretty girls.

Yep, wild stuff! 312 minutes of content, potentially!! Good lord! That's more like a video game.

I'm quite sure you know exactly what you did there. haha I'll be watching/interacting this evening, so the thread will have to wait a day or so. Season 5 must be epic if they've spent all this time dedicated to just a stand alone event.

Is ROBFSU a troll? He's not very active in his own thread.

I'm quite sure you know exactly what you did there. haha I'll be watching/interacting this evening, so the thread will have to wait a day or so. Season 5 must be epic if they've spent all this time dedicated to just a stand alone event.

Yeah, I wrote it out off memory and then stopped and went back to look at link. Hours vs minutes. I just finished Red Dead Redemption 2, which took over 80 hours, so that didn't make sense when I made the post at first.

Is ROBFSU a troll? He's not very active in his own thread.

I’ve been on here for a long time. I’m just reading post not much to be active about.

Some of my favorite netflex binges have been:

Master of none
Ozark
Frontier
Kingdom
Stranger things
Crown
Narcos
Love

Maybe skip Bandersnatch. Black Mirror fans will like the Easter eggs, but otherwise it was pretty meh. I thought I'd want to watch it a few times to get the different endings, but by the end it wasn't all that compelling.

Maybe skip Bandersnatch. Black Mirror fans will like the Easter eggs, but otherwise it was pretty meh. I thought I'd want to watch it a few times to get the different endings, but by the end it wasn't all that compelling.

I watched it today as well. I kind of liked it but with being redirected at points the story kind of got a little lost or wonky. Granted, I stopped after like the 1.5 hour mark when credits rolled for my path... but it seems like you can go through to see the other scenarios afterwards kind of like the deleted scenes function on dvds

Bandersnatch will be a watch for me at some point to occupy my jobless days, but since I can't Chromecast it, it will be more deliberate and arduous (been trying to spruce up the resume with big words lately.)

Watching on my bedroom (smart) TV or the tablet makes this a much less desirable proposition.

Reactions: squiffynole
As a person who was in high school in the 90s, I really enjoyed the first season of Everything Sucks. Sadly, it got cancelled almost immediately.

That happens to about 50% of the shows I like. Don't know if it means my tastes suck or most people don't like good shows. I submit anything staring the Kardashians as evidence of "most tv watchers don't like good tv".

Reactions: 89nole
So I have taken some advice from this thread and I have watched about 8 episodes of Travelors. It’s a little better than average. Story line had some good premises but I’m not motivated to keep watching.

Just saw Roma very good but might not be for everyone.
I have watched it twice, and I strongly recommend it for the extraordinarily skillful filmmaking, alone. The climactic scene at the beach is a masterpiece.

I picked up tickets to see the 70 mm film version at the Egyptian Theatre next week.

Reactions: RUBFSU
Started watching Tidelands last night with my wife. As mentioned by prior posters, it has been good fun, and we are both hooked.

We watched Roma a couple weeks ago. The cinematography along makes it a good film to watch. I did think it tended to move slow in parts, but I think that is the point. You're basically watching a slice of life type of film.

If you want to see dirty cops glorified then definitely watch:

The Seven Five

As a person who was in high school in the 90s, I really enjoyed the first season of Everything Sucks. Sadly, it got cancelled almost immediately.
96 HS grad here, thought the nostalgia was good, but the show was meh.

Started watching Tidelands last night with my wife. As mentioned by prior posters, it has been good fun, and we are both hooked.

We watched Roma a couple weeks ago. The cinematography along makes it a good film to watch. I did think it tended to move slow in parts, but I think that is the point. You're basically watching a slice of life type of film.
I just started Tidelands as well, ill keep watching.
We hated Travelers, 3 eisodes and out.
For a bizarre show that doesn’t take itself seriously, try Santa Clarita Diet.

I just started Tidelands as well, ill keep watching.
We hated Travelers, 3 eisodes and out.
For a bizarre show that doesn’t take itself seriously, try Santa Clarita Diet.

Man, I'm all about Santa Clarita Diet. I think I made a standalone post about it on here once.

Not the kind of thing I'm generally into, but man, they make horror comedy work, and that's one of the toughest genres to do well. The chemistry of the actors is off the charts for me...Oliphant and Barrymore are fantastic. On paper, none of this should work based on my taste in stuff, but I love the hell out of that show and find it both genuinely funny, and good.

Reactions: kooterridesagain
So I continued to watch travelors and it is very good. I was not too impressed with the first half of season 1 but the rest of season one and on are very enjoyable.

It reminds me of Lost.

So I continued to watch travelors and it is very good. I was not too impressed with the first half of season 1 but the rest of season one and on are very enjoyable.

Was going to comment that it starts slow. They lost me for a while after it first came out, don't think I finished season 1, but I circled back sometime after season 2 was released. I was glad I did.

Man, I'm all about Santa Clarita Diet. I think I made a standalone post about it on here once.

Not the kind of thing I'm generally into, but man, they make horror comedy work, and that's one of the toughest genres to do well. The chemistry of the actors is off the charts for me...Oliphant and Barrymore are fantastic. On paper, none of this should work based on my taste in stuff, but I love the hell out of that show and find it both genuinely funny, and good.

I'm an Olyphant fan, so I guess I'll have to check it out.

Last edited:
not new but watched the ranch and longmier now. the ranch has way too much heavy duty language for me
but I watched it anyway on recommendation of a friend. know all will like the clothing ashton kutchner
wears.

I'd like to vouch for Travelers as well. Excellent show. If you like western stuff, Longmire is outstanding.

Bloodline was great in Season One. Excellent villain. It didn't maintain. Sam Shepherd, Cissy Spacek, and Ben Mendelssohn is fantastic.

Reactions: noleone99
I didn't see it mentioned here so Lemony Snicket's a series of unfortunate events.

We have a 12 year old son who loves it. We, the parents, also enjoyed it. This is the last season so they wrap it up nicely. Neil Patrick Harris is awesome as Olaf. The other supporting cast is great too.
I am happy they finished the series as I was really starting to feel bad for the orphans.

Narcos and Narcos Mexico, Murder Mountain, a documentary about the weed business in Humboldt County CA, a place the leads the nation in missing persons.

Reactions: noles3612
Has anyone seen “You”? A few folks are saying its good.

Has anyone seen "The Ranch"?
Seminoles tie in, lead character played by Ashton Kutcher was a QB on the 99 championship team and wears lots of FSU gear on the show.

It is ok, a lot of That 70's show actors with the curmudgeon father played by Sam Elliot ..
\typical laugh track sitcom, but with lots of cussing and drinking

Has anyone seen "The Ranch"?
Seminoles tie in, lead character played by Ashton Kutcher was a QB on the 99 championship team and wears lots of FSU gear on the show.

It is ok, a lot of That 70's show actors with the curmudgeon father played by Sam Elliot ..
\typical laugh track sitcom, but with lots of cussing and drinking

have seen all ranch episodes. like I posted earlier language is a little strong and yes ashton Kutcher wears some fantastic gear.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT