ADVERTISEMENT

Nole rookies in the NFL

Manch.

All-ACC
Sep 25, 2004
Stork has done wonders in New England, Telvin Smith has been outstanding for the Jaguars, Benjamin leads all rookies with yards and TD's and Jernigan and Terrance Brooks have made solid contributions for the Ravens.

I haven't followed the NFL that much this year, but how have other Nole rookies fared this past year?

Originally posted by SunDevilNole:
Don't forget Freeman in Atlanta or Watson.
I know, just didn't get a chance to see them much, was wondering how some of you guys thought they played if you were able to catch some of their games.

Hard to believe that after the year Stork had, that many outlets have the rookie C for Green Bay, Corey Linsley, as the 1st team All-Rookie center.

Not a rookie, but Nigel Bradham is starting to stand out for the Bills.

Christian Jones is hit or miss for the Bears, but he is playing regularly.

Originally posted by Manch.:
Stork has done wonders in New England, Telvin Smith has been outstanding for the Jaguars, Benjamin leads all rookies with yards and TD's and Jernigan and Terrance Brooks have made solid contributions for the Ravens.

I haven't followed the NFL that much this year, but how have other Nole rookies fared this past year?
Odell Beckham Jr. actually leads rookies in receiving yards and TD's. If it wasn't for him, I would say Kelvin might be the rookie of the year.

Originally posted by AdNole:

Odell Beckham Jr. actually leads rookies in receiving yards and TD's. If it wasn't for him, I would say Kelvin might be the rookie of the year.
My bad, just re-read the column where I got the stats and I believe OD Jr. took the month of September off and the column was written after week14 (game 13?).

KB was supposed to take 2-3 years to make this much of a difference----not enough speed, routes weren't as sharp as others----for a while, my belief was if the FSU offense could have 1 player back from last year that had left the team and would have made the biggest difference this year, Stork was at the top of my list, but the more I read about Benjamin, the more he closes that gap. If he is a monster target in the NFL, and if he had stayed at FSU, Freddie might rename the award named after him to KB. He would have meant to Winston like Gronkowski means to Brady, TIMES 10!!!!!!

What a great season KB has had, and to get where he is, as taken a ton of hard work and this might just be an area where the Noles are lacking right now, I'm not talking about hard work, they obviously work hard, it's the upperclassman leadership that I think lacks this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT