ADVERTISEMENT

Oysters

I almost invested in an Oyster farm off Galveston after Ike. There is no money in it. but wanted to be apart of the rebuilding.

Reactions: FSUTribe76

Great read. My wife and I toured Taylor Farms in Washington State which is one of the creators of the off the dirt style of farming and sailed past several green mussel farms in New Zealand using a similar method. I will say, the only oyster I've had that I liked better than the wild Virginica oysters from Apalachicola is the farmed flat/"belon" oysters from Canada. Even the famous "tumblers" from Washington state arent as tasty in my opinion.

I wanna quit my life and be an oyster farmer now.

Mine is to own a boutique winery somewhere that has at least River access to the ocean. So someplace like Marlborough, Canterboury, Gisborne or Hawke's Bay New Zealand or some place along the Columbia River, James River or Central California in the US.

I wanna quit my life and be an oyster farmer now.
Always figured you for a clam shucker! I'd actually like to farm sea urchin and abalone in an indoor set up here in Florida. You could sell to the nicest sushi bars in the Southeast and make a killing...

Reactions: FSUTribe76
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT