ADVERTISEMENT

PGSF FedEx Cup Week 24 The US Open

I have never heard of Gregory Bourdy but will root against him solely because of the popped collar.

headshots_26525.png

The question with Rory this week was could he putt on Oakmont's greens. The answer to that was no. 36 putts in round one and not much better in round two will not get it done.

Westwood , Garcia and DJ would all be great stories this week

So would the midget; little guy who doesn't overpower the course, just hits it straight. I suspect the pressure of tomorrow is what kills him off.

Heck of a third round by Shane Lowery. I kind of like the guy. Looks more like someone who I would have beers with at the DFSCC than a top flight PGA pro.

Heck of a third round by Shane Lowery. I kind of like the guy. Looks more like someone who I would have beers with at the DFSCC than a top flight PGA pro.
I was going to try to sneak him in as one of my picks at The Open next month...So much for that, now.

It requires a golfer with considerable fortitude and resilience to hold up when I pick him. I've come to the conclusion that Danny Willett does not qualify.

setting up for a quality finish. Can DJ hole some putts coming in will be what decides the winner today

This is what DJ needed , someone in front of him to miss some putts and give him a lead ,
now up by 2

Setting up for another bizarre ending in a major for DJ if they assess that penalty for moving the ball.

In honor of Fathers Day, does anyone else think of Peter's real dad when they see Shane Lowry?

Lowry is making some clutch putts.
Johnson's head has to be swimming with different thoughts on how to approach these holes one up or even is a big difference

fellow players on DJ's side with twitter comments

seems like Westwood a good pairing for DJ, they have been talking a bunch since the news at 12. Westwood has always seemed like a good guy on the course , seems like he is trying to keep DJ's head on straight

Reactions: cmanole
good call by player and caddie there, too much risk to drop

HUGE credit to Dustin for hitting these last couple putts with all the pressure and the possible stroke penalty swirling around his head

Nice win for Dustin, he had some help today, but I have said previously that was what he would need, now lets see what he will do with the pressure is off his back.

Reactions: NoleLizards
did you see Gretzky's daughter hip check Jack? damn

Enjoyable day of golf that ends with what some fellow pros call the most talented player on tour winning his first major. Congratulations to Dustin, overcoming a strong head game by the USGA , the guy sank some putts and held on to win.

The PGSF winner this week picked 4 players that made the cut to outlast multiple players who picked DJ ,
congratulations to the original PGSF commish,
fsu67810 for this weeks win
US%20Open%20Winner_zpsnvpr3482.png

will post updated leader board shortly

Last edited:
Reactions: fsu67810
Congrats to (you'll always be to us) the Commish and to Dustin Johnson! I feel as if I should be committed for not picking him. Great work as always, NiA.

Reactions: fsu67810
That I certainly remember.
DJ did in fact incur and ultimately sign off on that penalty stroke today. To his credit, if anything, it only served to fuel him down the stretch. There's been a lot of very popular U.S. Open Champions over the years. I think Johnson's gotta be right up there with all of them given what he's endured.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
Feel bad for Henrik having to having to withdraw.

Brooks made a heck of a run for most of the final round. Lost momentum at the end.

DJ did in fact incur and ultimately sign off on that penalty stroke today. To his credit, if anything, it only served to fuel him down the stretch. There's been a lot of very popular U.S. Open Champions over the years. I think Johnson's gotta be right up there with all of them given what he's endured.

Mrs BFT said after that birdie on 18 "that was an in your face USGA".

Reactions: NoleLizards
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT