ADVERTISEMENT

PGSF FedEx Cup Week 24 The US Open

OK, what the heck did you know that we didn't???? Burns is only +1 after his round today. I could not even told you who the heck he was before yesterday.
I was going to say something but didn't want to risk jinxing Ed.

OK, what the heck did you know that we didn't???? Burns is only +1 after his round today. I could not even told you who the heck he was before yesterday.

Well, I can assure you the All-Knowing, All-Omniscient didn't pick him. Seriously, I took a flyer on him because of how dominant he had been in qualifying. I was looking for someone that no one else would pick, and still would do well. I actually do that just about every week; got lucky this go round.

Given his body language at the end of his round, who here thinks Tiger misses the cut?

group-school-kids-raising-hands-classroom-education-elementary-learning-people-concept-teacher-sitting-57655971.jpg

Was relieved to see DJ get through the back nine in good shape, but now he's starting to implode on the supposedly easier front. :confused:

My boy Koepka is lurking at 1 over.
Pretty strong group at +1. Koepka, Stenson, Rose (3 major winners) Poulter and
Fleetwood hope to join that group. Hoffman and Piercy at E. I don't know Piercy,
but playing with DJ on the weekend may be enough to sink him. Hoffman has to show
me before I will believe he has a weekend chance.
I don't predict a disappearance from Mr. Johnson, so either he'll have to have a meltdown
hole or two, or Koepka will have to play perfect golf.

On a side note, I played World Woods down here in Central Florida with a Nole and Gator buddy Friday. Seeing Poulter have that one hole meltdown was reassuring or cathartic that it can happen to the Best (or worst) of us.

On a side note, I played World Woods down here in Central Florida with a Nole and Gator buddy Friday. Seeing Poulter have that one hole meltdown was reassuring or cathartic that it can happen to the Best (or worst) of us.

If I played that course, every hole would look like that meltdown.

Reactions: NoleLizards
...And of course Phil botches the easiest hole on the course, the par 5 5th.

:rolleyes:

A player of his experience, who knows the rules, and then intentionally breaks one, should have been disqualified, not given a two-shot penalty. That flies in the face of everything that makes golf such a great game.

His swing is way out of rhythm and he looks timid on the greens. The baked out conditions and wind I am sure do not help.

144 from the pin and DJ could not get the ball on the green. You know he had a wedge in his hands. His game is way off.

Reactions: NoleinATL
ADVERTISEMENT