ADVERTISEMENT

PGSF FedEx Cup Week 24 The US Open

144 from the pin and DJ could not get the ball on the green. You know he had a wedge in his hands. His game is way off.
Doesn't help either that he's missing all of his 6-12 foot putts while Stenson could make 'em blindfolded today.

What are the chances the Noles will be paired together tomorrow?

So did I miss anything, I didnt get to see any coverage?

You missed a lot of carnage. I think all of the pairings that went off among the last 5 to 6 groups were over par, some by a lot.
Conditions got windier as the day went on. So Berger & Finau were both able to shoot 66 and make up a ton of shots on the leaders (who all ballooned playing later).

Reactions: NoleinATL
Stricker said this am the course was 'lost' and there was going to be a lot of trouble this afternoon. He was right. The USGA has lost another Open. Andy North said the PGA Tour should not come back to these venues until they can get the courses and the set-ups right. I have to agree with him...

Stricker said this am the course was 'lost' and there was going to be a lot of trouble this afternoon. He was right. The USGA has lost another Open. Andy North said the PGA Tour should not come back to these venues until they can get the courses and the set-ups right. I have to agree with him...

This. Want to make it a hard test where par is a great score? Go for it, all good. But when it becomes a carnival course with windmills and trap doors, you've gone too far.

That pretty much sums it up.
Hard conditions are one thing but these conditions weren't extreme and they still made the course unplayable. That's unfair.

Thursday they can't get putts to the holes and two days later they can't keep putts on the green? That's a course that's out of control.

You should not have the worst greens you play all season at the US Open and all too often the USGA does...

Last edited:
Hard conditions are one thing but these conditions weren't extreme and they still made the course unplayable. That's unfair.

Thursday they can't get putts to the holes and two days later they can't keep putts on the green? That's a course that's out of control.

You should not have the worst greens you play all season at the US Open and all too often the USGA does...

You would have thought that after the 2004 debacle at this same course, the USGA would have learned something. Apparently not.

The shot that summed it up for me on how ridiculous the greens were was Scott Piercy's putt on 15. That putt got to the hole no way was it sailing past from hitting it too hard. Instead the ludicrous speed and slope of the green slowly and painfully took the ball off the green. That was absurd IMO.

Reactions: NoleinATL
wasted opportunity for DJ...he seems out of sorts on the green

fsu1.gif

Interesting week of golf. The course was the story and made more than a few people crazy this week. With the course under control a little Sunday , Brooks Koepka continued a nice run for us Noles as he becomes a back to back US Open Champion.

In the PGSF only 2 Noles took Koepka and they had the same picks, except for Tiger vs Rickie. Fowler with his 48 points gave the OC another win.

Congratulations to this weeks winner @fsu67810

US%20Open%2018%20winner_zpseggsbio1.png

Updated leader board will be posted shortly

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT