ADVERTISEMENT

PGSF FedEx Cup Week 29 The Open

I had to leave for a while but heard Brooks drive the green on #1. I get back to see he is +4. Wonderful. :eek::rolleyes:o_O:(:Face with Tears of Joy

It would be funny if we had the projected standings after the first round like we used to do. I doubt anyone would break 100 points.

Brooks made a great comeback.
If he can lay down a score tomorrow morning before the ?winds? pick up, he'll be in contention for the weekend.

https://www.theopen.com/News/News/2018/07/updated-weather-forecast-thurs-fri-us

Friday morning, clouds are expected to roll in and rain is likely, with heavy spells possible. Winds will be light at 5-8 mph out of the SSW.

Saturday’s updated forecast calls for mainly dry conditions with winds out of the south or southwest at 8-12 mph during the afternoon.

Sunday’s final round is shaping up to deliver some of the windiest conditions of the week, with a 12-18 mph range with guests in the 20-25 mph range. Warmth is expected throughout the week with highs 69-71 F.

Reactions: NoleinATL
Good first round, I am tired today, but love watching golf with the morning coffee.
I enjoy the way Kisner plays golf, and if he putts all 4 days like he did today, he will be tough to beat.

First round leader board has @ktnole leading the pack, with five people over the 100 point mark @NoleLizards ;)

1st%20round%20Open%20Leader_zpstmngcsix.png

Couple league office notes.
@ktnole while leading is using rollover picks this week as first tee was 1:36 am EST picks came in at 1:56 am
@Bml07 , you missed the cutoff to get in picks as they were after first tee and therefore do not count. I have included your scores in the update and will through the week as I hope you enjoy the thread and make some picks again next week, so welcome.

Reactions: Bml07
Good first round, I am tired today, but love watching golf with the morning coffee.
I enjoy the way Kisner plays golf, and if he putts all 4 days like he did today, he will be tough to beat.

First round leader board has @ktnole leading the pack, with five people over the 100 point mark @NoleLizards ;)

@ktnole while leading is using rollover picks this week as first tee was 1:36 am EST picks came in at 1:56 am
@Bml07 , you missed the cutoff to get in picks as they were after first tee and therefore do not count. I have included your scores in the update and will through the week as I hope you enjoy the thread and make some picks again next week, so welcome.
Awesome!Thanks for letting me tag along for fun. I’ll be sure to get my picks in on time next week.

Thanks NiA! I'm obviously not a mathematician.

Anything can happen the next three days obviously, especially given strengthening winds as the weekend goes on. Honestly, anyone who makes the cut isn't out of contention.

I'm going to be unplugged the rest of the tournament as we're leaving on a road trip, so you won't be subject to my pearls (for better or worse).

Reactions: Bill From Tampa
A tale of two Johnsons.

Zach avg 241 yds off the tee in today's 2nd round and is sitting at -6. Dustin avg 318 yds and finished at +6.

A tale of two Johnsons.

Zach avg 241 yds off the tee in today's 2nd round and is sitting at -6. Dustin avg 318 yds and finished at +6.
Dustin was +5 on the 18th alone. Two shots OB yesterday and one in the bern today.

Another thing, I hate seeing Adam Scott with the long putter. I guess anchoring isn't illegal in Europe. I don't buy for a second that those who still use it on the PGA Tour aren't anchoring their putter. Those in charge just don't have the nads to call them out on it. They should just make a rule on the maximum length of the shaft of a putter. It's already there for a driver so the precedence is set.

Ian Poulter will now have his weekend time freed up to maybe do some more Coolsculpting commercials.

I see Ricky has the caterpillar lip going this week. If he happens to win, he'll never be able to shave it off.

I don't see why he couldn't. If he won, he would get a pretty good sized paycheck. Certainly enough to purchase a razor.

Lost DJ, but I feel much better about my picks today than I did yesterday. Would like to see Finau or Fowler win, but the leaderboard is stacked and it should be a good weekend across the pond.

Another good round, I enjoyed the weather early

In the PGSF @ktnole leads after 2nd round , with many improving their scores

2%20nd%20round%20Open%20Leader_zpsstx2vzmk.png

Just noticed that Berger just missed the cut with a +4 due to 3 straight bogeys starting at #15.

They're showing other players between Tiger's shots but we're not going to miss a single one of his. I remember when NBC used the BBC feed. I'd bet they're not so focused on one player.

He is the only one they are following as if he is the featured group.

I did find this from ten years ago when Tiger did not pla The Open.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-spw-golf22-2008jul22,0,3093788.story
Tiger Woods out of the picture, TV ratings in the tank
Tour broadcasts feel the pain while Tiger Woods recovers from surgery. Even the British Open can't hold audiences, and there are worries about a Woods-less PGA Championship and Ryder Cup.

And that's why they are doing that today more than likely.

Rickie is about to card a snowman, he is going to have to get his head back in the game quickly

Here comes a little stronger wind. Will be interesting to see if these hold and how it affects the guys early in their rounds right now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT