ADVERTISEMENT

PGSF FedEx Cup Week 29 The Open

At what point will the tv guys (or anyone with a mic) acknowledge what's happened with Tiger recently (not just today)?....play his way into some contention, and then as soon as he gets there....tanks.

Your Ouija board says Spieth will find an answer for his putting woes across the pond this week?
Nah, the All-Omniscient, All-Knowing Ouija Board has been banished to the closet until we retire and move back to Florida. Then I'll give him/her/it to some neighborhood kid. It whines in the closet constantly, but I've learned to ignore it.

You sure you didn't pull that thing out of the closet for this tourney?

So with Spieth tied for the lead and I figure will be in the last group, the question I have is this. What hole on the course is adjacent to the practice area for him to take a drop in tomorrow's round?

The course was open for scoring and NBC could not be happier. Tiger , who is playing well, near the top, Spieth, Rory all on the first page of leader board. Can not wait to see how this turns out when we add in some weather tomorrow.

In the PGSF, 1 player has a winner and that is @seminoleed

3rd%20d%20round%20Open%20Leader_zpsibb3phjr.png

The course was open for scoring and NBC could not be happier. Tiger , who is playing well, near the top, Spieth, Rory all on the first page of leader board. Can not wait to see how this turns out when we add in some weather tomorrow.

In the PGSF, 1 player has a winner and that is @seminoleed

3rd%20d%20round%20Open%20Leader_zpsibb3phjr.png
I'm dropping with each passing round.

Reactions: JohnnieHolmesNole
Haven't been able to watch. How is everybody going so low? I thought this was a major?

Haven't been able to watch. How is everybody going so low? I thought this was a major?

It should be different today if the wind blows as predicted. It does look stronger out there now. The lowest round so far has been a 69 by List and Stenson.

I am doubting anyone reaches 6 in two b/c of the wind.

I posted this on the other thread, but it's still relevant: Turned in on this morning, and the first thing I hear is, "We may be witnessing not only the greatest golf comeback ever, but perhaps the greatest in all of sports." WTH? Forget all of sports. Hogan must be turning over in his grave.

Reactions: cmanole
I amy have said this already, but the conditions are right for TIger's game. He can play when the wind is up. The others not so much esp guys like Rory.

Reactions: NoleinATL
And we have Tiger tied for the lead and playing the best golf currently

That shot Tiger just hit out of the bunker was insane! This might be the year for #15.

Tiger has always been known as a player who has the ability to launch a ball way up in the air when he needs to.

Despite his hot play this season, the issue with Molinari was his record at The Open. Ten starts with one top ten and four MC. Most of his other finishes were south of 30th.

Agree 100% Bill. Cannot stand the people that feel the need to yell, but doing it during swing is inexcusable and should get someone kicked out

Spieth missing putts of that length is so surprising considering how automatic he used to be at that distance

Last edited:
Reactions: NoleLizards
Exciting day of golf, huge names all over the leader board, people making charges, clutch shots and putts all the while the course testing every player.
In the end , Molinari put together a bogey free weekend and outlasted all challengers, congratulations to Molinari on his first major victory.

In the PGSF, newcomer @Bml07 earned the most points with his picks , but just missed the cut off so an impressive performance but unfortunately not a win in his first week.
That means ktnole uses rollover picks to take home victory with Molinari pulling out the win. Interesting enough, ktnole would have won with his picks with a total of 391.

Congratulations to The PGSF Open Champion @ktnole

And an official welcome to our new players @Tom81 and @Bml07

Open%20winner%2018_zpsrsxkk2sy.png

Will post updated leader board shortly

Kisner should be really thinking about that decision on Friday to challenge the burn on 18. Don't make DB there and maybe he is at -8 and in a playoff.

Reactions: NoleinATL
Not sure why anybody hasn't noticed Tiger is not getting it done on Sundays. It really stands out to me yet nobody else is picking up on it...

They are instead choosing to focus on the 3 seconds he had the lead and using that to proclaim that he's back.
My favorite quote recently...

“Tiger’s back! How long until he wins his next major?”

Lmao. Don’t you need to win in order to be “back”?

Reactions: DFSNOLE
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT