ADVERTISEMENT

Protests on college campuses.

They did it to us for being associated with the military during Vietnam, and it wasn’t just 18-22 year old girls.
Aware. My dad was a Green Beret, and a protestor spit on him for the sin of wearing his dress uniform walking thru campus after the funeral of one of his fellow soldiers. Gross people.

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem is that "free" speech has had a varying degree of enforcement on campuses. I'm not a conservative, but many conservative voices were censored from speaking on campus while extreme progressive voices encouraged.

The "micro-aggressions" pretend theory took hold about 15 years ago and mucked up the situation too. When actual historical facts can't be mentioned in classes without professors being censored you know you have lost your way.
Oh indeed. There was an article that came out a few years ago analyzing feeling of freedom of expression on campuses across the nation. Only progressive leftists felt that they could freely express their positions. That tells you who the dominant power is in academia. I’ve watched people repeatedly take power by communicating they were offended by micro aggressions or offended on behalf of others by micro aggressions. It’s often a similar pattern. Sends letter to listserv with quotes and examples of people feeling unsafe, eg because an old person asked them where they are from, or whatever. Faculty meetings follow. Conciliatory statements are issued by the dept chair or dean. New committtees are started to address and “educate.” Rinse repeat.

Hell, I’m pretty liberal. And the illiberal progressive left types would call me a fascist for not liking the above.

No, Hamas targeted civilians. That's why they should be targeted themselves.

I appreciate your interest in my opinions. How about you answer some questions now?
Is a war that has killed 200x more children than terrorists being waged correctly?
A war that has destroyed, 300,000 homes, all major infrastructure, hospitals. Is that a 'defensive' war?
Obviously not. War inherently comes with collateral damage. Both sides are responsible for this, but I wouldn't classify Israel as waging a defensive war. They could be more surgical with their attacks and impart fewer civilian casualties, but Hamas started the whole thing by targeting civilians and children at that point the gloves are off. Again, I'm not defending Israel here as I believe their response is less than measured just stating why I think they are doing it.

Were the protesters in the 60's students or hired activists and agitators?
Very true...
On another note, one significant difference: In the 1960s, student protestors were against a war we were engaged in, and a war that was drafting young Americans which ultimately killed 50,000+ Americans...

In this case, protestors are against a war between two sovereign nations, supporting one nation, and against a nation that perceive to be in the wrong... and then protesting academic institutions that have financial portfolios with investments in the nation they believe is the aggressor.

Wonder why no one got upset when America along with NATO bombed, Serbia, a sovereign nation, targeting cities and killing over 2,000 civilians...
Funny the flavors we pick to be morally outraged...

Wonder why no one got upset when America along with NATO bombed, Serbia, a sovereign nation, targeting cities and killing over 2,000 civilians...
I have said its amazing that nobody cried when we vaporized 60,000 Japanese in WWII, but cry now with Israel defending itself. Nobody has mentioned that Hamas continues to send mortars DAILY into Israel, but yet the world wants Israel to stop. Screw that noise....turn Gaza into a parking lot and close your borders.

Does anyone here think that if Mexico did to Texas what Hamas did to Israel, Mexico would be above water right now? I didn't think so.

Side note...my daughter is at GW Law, during finals and is being disrupted by the protestors. MOST of them are not even GW students, yet they are allowed to trespass on campus. They are sending students private emails about the location of final exams to keep them safe. It is NOT a peaceful protest and the refusal of the DC police to arrest the trespassers is disgusting. And yes, I am concerned about her safety and am thankful she only has 2 finals left.

1971---I went to Murphee Hall to be sworn-in to attend the United States Marine Corps Officer Candidate School upon graduation from FSU---to get to the Officer Selection Office, I had to step over the Anti-Vietnam War SDS demonstrators who were lying the hallway--some things never change!

Those numbers are very debatable depending on who reports them. This article estimates a quarter of that number with many of the delta attributed to Yugoslav security forces. Also, those numbers both pale in comparison to the numbers a Kosovars and Albanians killed and displaced by the Serbs.

1971---I went to Murphee Hall to be sworn-in to attend the United States Marine Corps Officer Candidate School upon graduation from FSU---to get to the Officer Selection Office, I had to step over the Anti-Vietnam War SDS demonstrators who were lying the hallway--some things never change!
They make more sense to me. The 60s/70s era had the draft. Most of these people were simply scared, in my opinion. Viet Nam did result in a lot of people going into academia who I don’t think would have, otherwise (to avoid going to war). I think that has had a lasting effect in changing the culture and the influence of post-modern/far leftism in the academe.

What we’re seeing today is I think in part fueled by Muslims leaving conflicts and bad economic conditions to go to Western countries. When it happens en masse, they bring their cultures and values with them.

The protestors are a mix of anti semitic Muslims and leftists who are quick to identify with whomever is not perceived as a Western “imperialist.”

That’s why with legal immigration previously in the US, immigrants were told where they could live and you had to have a sponsor.

We still have some programs, which do similar things. Eg, physicians from Brazil coming on visas for residency and fellowship which require a few years of medical practice after attending status in underserved communities. The dems immigration policies and, lack-thereof, are bearing fruit.

LMFAO.... yeah, sure they did.... ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah
They did. “No war for oil.” “Bush lied, people died.” Like blm, the motivation was “vote blue” and money for blue. This set of protests is more complicated. But, it’s still the far left.

They did. “No war for oil.” “Bush lied, people died.” Like blm, the motivation was “vote blue” and money for blue. This set of protests is more complicated. But, it’s still the far left.
Don't disagree there were some protests against the 2003 Gulf War, nothing on the level with current protests... But my post had nothing to do with the Gulf Wars, it was about NATO's bombing of Serbia. Fred knows this...

Reactions: Banditking
Clearly this is true. Cindy Sheehan started her protests because she wanted to raise money for Democrats, not because her son died. And continued protesting after Bush was gone because that was an insidious way to get more democratic votes.

• Haha
Reactions: noletaire
A protest encampment has been set up at University Yard and because that encampment coincides with the final exam period for GW law students, we are taking steps to relocate student exams so that they can be taken in a quiet and secure location.

Now let me emphasize, there is nothing threatening your safety that is going on at this moment, but yet you our primary concern. To protect your safety and the integrity of our academic program, we are relocating student final exams.

— Dean Dayna Bowen Matthew of George Washington University Law School, in a video message to law students, informing them that their final exams would be relocated due to the ongoing anti-war protest occurring on campus near original law student test sites.

Not enough IMHO. Turn on the sprinklers, arrest them, expel them. Just get them off campus. (I never thought I would ever say something like this but...) grow some jewels and do like DeSantis did on Florida school campuses.

Last edited:
Clearly this is true. Cindy Sheehan started her protests because she wanted to raise money for Democrats, not because her son died. And continued protesting after Bush was gone because that was an insidious way to get more democratic votes.
Yes. She was the leader. Just like Thunberg is a great and powerful intellect and possessed of superior negotiating and leadership skills that allowed her to take control and drive the climate change movement.

And, the “Stanford” professor remembered a sexual assault from 30 years ago and drove the effort to try and prevent a change in power on the Supreme Court… and Anita hill drove the same movement with the same strategy to stop Clarence Thomas. Nope, those weren’t orchestrated attacks to manipulate a political outcome. Not at all. Totally grass roots.

Last edited:
Let me guess, paid by Soros?
Who knows but that wasn't the question. Soros paying a bunch of antisemitic protestors would be a bit odd don't you think? He's Jewish and lived through WW2 hiding from the Germans if I'm not mistaken.

Who knows but that wasn't the question. Soros paying a bunch of antisemitic protestors would be a bit odd don't you think? He's Jewish and lived through WW2 hiding from the Germans if I'm not mistaken.
He’s accusing you of being a q anon spectra conspiracy theorist so he can dismiss the arguments as dumb.

It’s obviously the case that these are spontaneous protests by concerned college students and there’s no money nor anyone fanning them to do this.

Last edited:
He’s accusing you being a q anon spectra conspiracy theorist so he can dismiss the arguments as dumb.

It’s obviously the case that these are spontaneous protests by concerned college students and there’s no money nor anyone fanning them to do this.
Again, most of the protestors are NOT college students, at least at GW. This is firsthand knowledge, not any media outlet reporting. And I am not sure how spontaneous they actually are either.

Again, most of the protestors are NOT college students, at least at GW. This is firsthand knowledge, not any media outlet reporting. And I am not sure how spontaneous they actually are either.
Come on. That’s clearly a conspiracy theory, right wing talking point. They traffic in misinformation. Don’t be fooled. Stop watching Hannity.

He’s accusing you being a q anon spectra conspiracy theorist so he can dismiss the arguments as dumb.

Yep... that's the strategy: anything that questions the views of one side is now lumped into Q anon, shape-shifting reptilians, and population eradication through vapor trails, so they can be dismissed as conspiracy theorists and tin-foil heads...

Last edited:

Let's hope he really doesn't believe any of that.

Oh, so Cindy Sheehan was the only protester? It was all about her son (a hero) who volunteered to serve his country and made the ultimate sacrifice. Nobody else protested Bush and Obama and the reasons behind going there in the first place?

The largest protest that I ever saw personally was in the run-up to the 2003 invasion of Iraq. The Black Lives Matter protests were more widespread and lasted longer, but the single massive protest against the invasion of Iraq was just shockingly large in scale. It was also the experience that turned me into a pessimist with regard to protesting.

Oh, so Cindy Sheehan was the only protester? It was all about her son (a hero) who volunteered to serve his country and made the ultimate sacrifice. Nobody else protested Bush and Obama and the reasons behind going there in the first place?
I'm sorry for the confusion, did I state she was the only protester? If so, I'll edit it.
She certainly led a large group that didn't fit the accusation made about them. But if I said she was the only one I'll fix it.
Thanks.

It would be odd, but it's been suggested by certain parts of the MAGA right that he was a nazi sympathiser.

Really weird that I asked about Soros.

• Wow
Reactions: BrianNole777
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT