ADVERTISEMENT

PSA: Don't eat the clean part of moldy bread

Dropping moldy bread into hydrochloric acid will generally destroy the bread mold - breathing in the spores is a different situation entirely.

How is that not common sense?

I don’t think I’ve ever seen mold on store bought bread before though. We make our own with a machine and it has no preservatives. If it’s not used in three days I slice it and take it out of the container so it can go stale for breadcrumbs, croutons, etc. if not it will grow mold.

Nonsense. Penicillin kills bad germs. Penicillin comes from mold. Hence, eating moldy bread must be good for you.
I know you're joking but sadly this is the type of kindergarten science logic a lot of adults out there are using to make life decisions these days.

How is that not common sense?

I don’t think I’ve ever seen mold on store bought bread before though. We make our own with a machine and it has no preservatives. If it’s not used in three days I slice it and take it out of the container so it can go stale for breadcrumbs, croutons, etc. if not it will grow mold.

The bolilo rolls we buy get moldy pretty fast because they don't have preservatives. But they are only 20 cents per roll, so i toss if they are not used in a couple of days. Things were pretty tight for my mom and me for a few years and she would just toss out the moldy piece of bread or cut the mold off the cheese

The bolilo rolls we buy get moldy pretty fast because they don't have preservatives. But they are only 20 cents per roll, so i toss if they are not used in a couple of days. Things were pretty tight for my mom and I for a few years and she would just toss out the moldy piece of bread or cut the mold off the cheese
Cheese is different. You can safely eat hard or
Semi-soft cheeses after cutting the moldy part off.

The bread we buy at the store doesn't have preservatives in it so we freeze half the loaf and refrigerate the rest. It will mold in about 4-5 days.

Reactions: KitingHigh
I know you're joking but sadly this is the type of kindergarten science logic a lot of adults out there are using to make life decisions these days.
Like the "if a little of this (medicine, vitamin, etc) is good, more of it is better"

Reactions: DFSNOLE
oh I read but no one pointed out the fact that not only is blue cheese moldy, it actually looks and tastes moldy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT