ADVERTISEMENT

Red Dirt, Alt Country, Americana Fans( Mile 0 Fest 2019)

Nole Daddy

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Mar 29, 2002
The 2nd year of this great festival has been announced, and the line up is great again. I went back in February and it is one not to miss. And it is all in Key West.

Reactions: LandsharkNole
We were planning on going this year. Really wanted to finally see REK live and was stoked for Turnpike Troubadours...but we found out we were expecting shortly before hand so the wife had zero interest in a music fest in key west without drinking haha. Our friends went and said it was phenomenal. Will definitely be there next year. A lot of the sets are smaller settings and the word of mouth around town is honestly how you find the best shows.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nole Daddy
That looks awesome. What’s the biggest venue down there?
They have a brand new Amphitheater down there, and it is a great place to see a concert with very good sound. It’s in walking distance to Duval Street too.

That looks awesome. What’s the biggest venue down there?
Then they have shows at other venues like hotels and bars. I saw a bunch of great shows at Irish Kevin’s and the Smokin Tuna.

I know they recently built an amphitheater. Otherwise, I think it would have to be Mallory Square or the KWHS baseball/football stadium.
It is all at the Amphitheater and bars. They do some small shows at the Southern Most Hotel.

Reactions: runkpanole
We were planning on going this year. Really wanted to finally see REK love and was stoked for Turnoike Troubadours...but we found out we were expecting shortly before hand so the wife had zero interest in a music fest in key west without drinking haha. Our friends went and said it was phenomenal. Will definitely be there next year. A lot of the sets are smaller settings and the word of mouth around town is honestly how you find the best shows.
I went to the inaugural one last year, and it is incredible. The smaller shows are beyond incredible with song swaps and neat combinations. The shows at the Amphitheater are great and the sound is good. I had no problem getting a beer either. Now who knows if it will be as good as it gets bigger and hopefully they don’t over sell the thing.

We were planning on going this year. Really wanted to finally see REK live and was stoked for Turnpike Troubadours...but we found out we were expecting shortly before hand so the wife had zero interest in a music fest in key west without drinking haha. Our friends went and said it was phenomenal. Will definitely be there next year. A lot of the sets are smaller settings and the word of mouth around town is honestly how you find the best shows.
REK was not at this fest last year, he was at the Singer Song Writer Fest. They are 2 different fests

Thanks guys. I might try and lock down a hotel now. I love Turnpike Troubadours and Randy Rogers Band and have heard of at least a few others.

Thanks guys. I might try and lock down a hotel now. I love Turnpike Troubadours and Randy Rogers Band and have heard of at least a few others.
Those 2 are great and most of the acts are very good.

So that’s Wed-Sat. Do most of the big names play more than one day? I’d probably plan to be there Thurs-Sun.

So that’s Wed-Sat. Do most of the big names play more than one day? I’d probably plan to be there Thurs-Sun.[/QUOT
So that’s Wed-Sat. Do most of the big names play more than one day? I’d probably plan to be there Thurs-Sun.
They play the one big show at the main stage. Many orb them play after shows at the bars though. The dates for when they play has not been announced but I will let you know when it happens.

Thanks! And I was wrong, looks like it starts on a Tues and goes thru Sat. So I’d plan to be there for 3/5 days/night. I’m guessing the bigger names would play later on in the festival but I’ve never been to something like this.

Last edited:
Thanks! And I was wrong, looks like it starts on a Tues and goes thru Sat. So I’d plan to be there for 3/5 days/night. I’m guessing the bigger names would play later on in the festival but I’ve never been to something like this.
My post got lost in a quote. A lot of acts play multiple shows, like after shows at bars. I don’t know what days people are playing but I willl post something when it comes out. Last year was great and this lineup works for me.

To give you an idea last year the 4 headliners were Wade Bowen(( Wed), Pat Green( Thurs) Turnpike Troubadours(Fri) and Cody Jinks( Sat).

The headliners this year are TP, Randy Rogers Band, The Mavericks, and Trampled by Turtles. Even if you are not into the headliners then the acts leading up to them will be very good. And then you have the after shows which is my favorite.

I am pumped because one of my favorites is Reckless Kelly and they are in it this year. I also look forward to seeing many more I have not seen like Flatland Calvary and Tyler Childers. American Aquarium, Mike and the Moonpie’s and Cody Canada kick tail as do many others.

Last edited:

You can buy passes just for the festival or you can buy a packages that also has your lodging. I just do the passes for the show and do my own lodging. Have at it!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: QuaZ2002
Platinum and Gold VIP passes already sold out. General admission is still available and there is not a bad seat in the house. I don’t know if those will sell out, but the demand has been high.

Platinum and Gold VIP passes already sold out. General admission is still available and there is not a bad seat in the house. I don’t know if those will sell out, but the demand has been high.
Yeesh. I'd really like to go, but it's hard for me to commit to buying tickets 6 months out.

Yeesh. I'd really like to go, but it's hard for me to commit to buying tickets 6 months out.
I understand for sure. Hopefully tickets will be available for a long time. There was a waiting list for Platinum VIP’s and they sold out before tickets went on sale to the general public. That is what I have. The Gold VIP’s were gone by 1 PM yesterdy( the day the went on sale). I would think that general admission will be available for a long time, but I have no idea how long. One thing I hope is they don’t oversell it.

The great Turnpike Troubadours are one of the opening acts for Miranda Lambert this Saturday at Coral Sky Amphitheater in West Palm Beach. I will be seeing them and then leaving right after!

American Aquarium will be back in Tallahassee on September 6 at Fifth and Thomas. Saw them for the first time at the same location about 1.5 years ago. They were so good.

American Aquarium will be back in Tallahassee on September 6 at Fifth and Thomas. Saw them for the first time at the same location about 1.5 years ago. They were so good.
BJ and the boys are one of my favorite bands. I think I am going to miss them by 1 day. I am coming up from West Palm for the game on Friday. I would come a day early, but my kids can’t miss 2 days of school right off the bat.

By the way, Fifth and Thomas does a great job getting this genre of acts in. I saw AA there when you were there and they have had Turnpike, Reckless Kelly and others.

Have you heard the new AA album? It’s good.

I have and I agree.

I found AA through SnapChat. I girl I follow had "I Hope He Breaks Your Heart" (I didn't know who it is was at the time) playing in the background. They only lyrics I heard were " It was written under my nose, But I never could take my eyes off of you". Loved the guys voice and immediately went to Google. Found out who it was and went to iTunes. Been hooked ever since.

And that's my AA story. :)

So tonight I see Turnpike so that will be cool. Problem is they will only play for about a 1/2 hour and then I am off to drink at a bar.

I am working on a plan to hit this AA concert after all. I think I can pull it off

Reactions: FSU_Nole_Girl
They have sold 75% of tickets, but they do have 25% left to sell. The Platinum and Gold passes are long gone, but there are plenty of general administration. And general administration at the Fest means you can get very close and have a great view.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT