ADVERTISEMENT

Remember Bushido Nole?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's stick with the important stuff. How many times do you think he could bench 225?
Probably 1 time these days. It just isn’t part of how I work out now. 8 years ago 12 times and that is what I did as part of a regular workout program

Now Bushido probably could put up 225 40 times and runs a 4.3 40.

As a veteran it kind of looks like it maybe stolen valor.

Like when he's riding in his truck and purposefully leaves a green beret on his dash and talking about "we've got bigger toys here than an AR-15" and posting videos of shooting a 203 and all that. I know a few green berets and generally they are not braggadocios like that. Also that picture of a 110 and Barrett were lifted off the internet.

Also his video of a night range where the machine guns are "talking" isn't really something that would be very cool for a green beret to post, especially when they do cool stuff like the MOUT site on Ft. Benning, also, posting deployment video's is probably an OPSEC thing, but he knows what a Carl Gustav is,

Or it could be he is in the army but is a cook or HR or something on bragg, or he's making it up looks like he's wearing E7 rank which would be appropriate for an sf guy.

From what I can infer he's claiming to be an enlisted green beret with the last name of campbell who's jump qualified.

Also, his social media comments there are no posts from his battle buddies... which is pretty odd because I'd be tagging my squad mates, like my friends do to me on facebook,

His only comments are all from nole fans.

So I don't know, hes in some kind of SF gym. I don't know but it looks a little suspicious that none of his friends are military.

Could be wrong, just my two cents.

As a veteran it kind of looks like it maybe stolen valor.

Like when he's riding in his truck and purposefully leaves a green beret on his dash and talking about "we've got bigger toys here than an AR-15" and posting videos of shooting a 203 and all that. I know a few green berets and generally they are not braggadocios like that. Also that picture of a 110 and Barrett were lifted off the internet.

Also his video of a night range where the machine guns are "talking" isn't really something that would be very cool for a green beret to post, especially when they do cool stuff like the MOUT site on Ft. Benning, also, posting deployment video's is probably an OPSEC thing, but he knows what a Carl Gustav is,

Or it could be he is in the army but is a cook or HR or something on bragg, or he's making it up looks like he's wearing E7 rank which would be appropriate for an sf guy.

From what I can infer he's claiming to be an enlisted green beret with the last name of campbell who's jump qualified.

Also, his social media comments there are no posts from his battle buddies... which is pretty odd because I'd be tagging my squad mates, like my friends do to me on facebook,

His only comments are all from nole fans.

So I don't know, hes in some kind of SF gym. I don't know but it looks a little suspicious that none of his friends are military.

Could be wrong, just my two cents.

Well allegedly somebody at the HQ over the unit he allegedly worked for is looking into it. So either it’s true or he’s in trouble. Frankly, considering the military aspects of it, it might be true AND he’s in trouble. Either way, that will be the end of it.

But I was trying to remember was BushidoNole the one who was claiming to be a purple belt in BJJ (or a black belt in some other martial art) or was that someone else? There was someone with Shaolin in their name as well, and I’ve forgotten which one was saying that.

A while back there was a large split from rivals due to some bad moderating actions on the main board. I'm thinking Bushido was one of those that left for the other recruiting site.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
Crazy cause I was gone for a while, who outed bushido as a non-athlete?

Amazing how many stolen valor types are out there. It predates the internet too. Had a guy I worked with in mid 90s who claimed to be Vietnam War vet who served two tours of duty as green beret. We were able to verify he never served. It was fairly easy to suspect given he was born in 1958...

One common theme is they always have to go for broke and claim to be a special ops type person. Not good enough to be a mere combat vet. Nope, they have to be a extra special.

Last edited:

IIRC, that was the deal with pben. He was actually in the army at one point - something with supply management, I think. But that wasn't enough for him, so he had to go full "Blackhawk Down".

Reactions: fsu1jreed
Amazing how many stolen valor types are out there. It predates the internet too. Had a guy I worked with in mid 90s who claimed to be Vietnam War vet who served two tours of duty as green beret. We were able to verify he never served. It was fairly easy to suspect given he was born in 1958...

One common theme is they always have to go for broke and claim to be a special ops type person. Not could enough to be a mere combat vet. Nope, they have to be a extra special.

Yea, like why not be a radio operator or a mechanic? lol. I've known a couple of guys and very rarely will you get an actual vet that exaggerates his war stories.

Crazy cause I was gone for a while, who outed bushido as a non-athlete?
The whole story fell apart on these boards. He left in disgrace, but just went to other sites. I didn’t know he was portraying the military angle.

Last edited:
The whole story feel apart on these boards. He left in disgrace, but just sent to other sites. I didn’t know he was portraying the military angle.

Yea on his Twitter he's purportely a Sergeant First Class in an SF Group out of Eglin AF Base.

Fun things to do with Stolen Glory whores. Ask them to see their Military ID. Ask them why they don't carry it, like every other soldier does, ex or active. Ask them to go down to the VFW with you, to regale the members with the tales of glory.

Fun things to do with Stolen Glory whores. Ask them to see their Military ID. Ask them why they don't carry it, like every other soldier does, ex or active. Ask them to go down to the VFW with you, to regale the members with the tales of glory.

To be fair, not everyone carries their military id. My dad was a viet nam era green beret. He doesn’t carry an id that I’m aware of. What purpose would it serve? Doesn’t go to a vfw. Doesnt use va care. Doesn’t mention his military service to anyone. Dude is an introvert. If my brother and I didn’t call him on a daily basis I’m not sure he’d talk to anyone. I think on Memorial Day, he sometimes wears what I think is some sort of wings pin.

Ty Webb didn't exaggerate -

Ty: No, I brought most of that stuff back from Vietnam.
Lacey: You were in the war?
Ty: Uh...no....Homo. Much better now though.
I like these blast from the past threads so I'm not trying to hijack, but I'm taking this opportunity to reach out to you nolomite. Will you shoot me an email at screen name at the google mail?

Proceed with nozzle and crepe myrtle stories.

Reactions: Nolomite
To be fair, not everyone carries their military id. My dad was a viet nam era green beret. He doesn’t carry an id that I’m aware of. What purpose would it serve? Doesn’t go to a vfw. Doesnt use va care. Doesn’t mention his military service to anyone. Dude is an introvert. If my brother and I didn’t call him on a daily basis I’m not sure he’d talk to anyone. I think on Memorial Day, he sometimes wears what I think is some sort of wings pin.
He may not have an ID. I don't. I have veteran on my DL, but I had to show my DD214 to the DMV to get it.

Reactions: Banditking
Bushido sounds like he stole his first act from "6Foot6Phenom" or however he spelled it

Stop it! They're on a roll. Like I said earlier, until something is proven by someone I trust, I will not be throwing him under a bus. If/when it is, fine. But from what I've seen so far, everything is conjecture.

Reactions: Banditking
I am not sure but I believe he was exposed elsewhere by other servicemen and then the story made it here to these boards.

He posted something on Facebook with a picture claiming to be a part of a certain Ranger Regiment. Someone from that regiment saw it and called him out on it and it took off from there.

I'm still trying to vet Bushido.

@RangerNole were you the one that called PBen out? How did that go down?

No it wasn't me. I think someone from another site came on here and dimed him out. I never really had an issue with Pben and was shocked he was a poser. Unlike some people he didn't lie to the maximum level. He said he was in Somalia with 10th Mountain and received a Bronze Star for Valor; not really an over the top lie. Most people didn't know 10th Mountain was in Somlia and he never really went crazy with his claims of valor.

Had he pulled the I was in 3/75, SF or CAG in Somalia and was a hero then I would have looked into it and it could have been proven false pretty easily. I knew a bunch of folks that were there, including 1 who I went to the Q-course with that was tore up pretty bad, and they have a reunion yearly; which includes an event called the MOG Mile. I don't know why people try and play the I was a SEAL, Ranger, Green Beret etc.; it is beyond easy to check and as a whole SOF is a tiny community. Heck when the war started and all the politicians were clamoring to be seen as pro veteran etc. my wife was invited to an event by a congressman she went with her parents and some of her parents friends were present as well. The son of one of her parents friends was also there telling everyone he was a Green Beret; my in-laws just being curious asked the kid what he thought about Ft. Bragg; kid responds I have never been to Ft. Bragg. Uh you do realize the Q-Course is there and if you are in SF you will likely spend 1/2 your career at Ft. Bragg.

Now there was a dude on here when I first started posting who claimed to be a Ranger and SF with multiple tours in Iraq and A-stan as a SSG; but was now a LTC in the conventional Army. We went at pretty good and eventually he left the board I think. His problem was time line, no way he could have accomplished what he said in the time he had served. I am sure we have all stretched the truth with tales of greatness; but most of us grow out of it in MS or HS. I guess some people need to make crap up in order to feel better about themselves. I am sure UCLA can provide a medical definition; I just call them $#%^ talkers.

Last edited:
No it wasn't me. I think someone from another site came on here and dimed him out. I never really had an issue with Pben and was shocked he was a poser. Unlike some people he didn't lie to the maximum level. He said he was in Somalia with 10th Mountain and received a Bronze Star for Valor; not really an over the top lie. Most people didn't know 10th Mountain was in Somlia and he never really went crazy with his claims of valor. Had he pulled the I was in 3/75, SF or CAG in Somalia and was a hero then I would have looked into it and it could have been proven false pretty easily. I knew a bunch of folks that were there, including 1 who I went to the Q-course with that was tore up pretty bad, and they have a reunion yearly; which includes an event called the MOG Mile. I don't know why people try and play the I was a SEAL, Ranger, Green Beret etc.; it is beyond easy to check and as a whole SOF is a tiny community. Heck when the war started and all the politicians were clamoring to be seen as pro veteran etc. my wife was invited to an event by a congressman she went with her parents and some of her parents friends were present as well. The son of one of her parents friends was also there telling everyone he was a Green Beret; my in-laws just being curious asked the kid what he thought about Ft. Bragg; kid responds I have never been to Ft. Bragg. Uh you do realize the Q-Course is there and if you are in SF you will likely spend 1/2 your career at Ft. Bragg.
Now there was a dude on here when I first started posting who claimed to be a Ranger and SF with multiple tours in Iraq and A-stan as a SSG; but was now a LTC in the conventional Army. We went at pretty good and eventually he left the board I think. His problem was time line, no way he could have accomplished what he said in the time he had served. I am sure we have all stretched the truth with tales of greatness; but most of us grow out of it in MS or HS. I guess some people need to make crap up in order to feel better about themselves. I am sure UCLA can provide a medical definition; I just call them $#%^ talkers.

I thank you for your service and like having you on the board. So, please don't take offense and want to kill me when I say that I really wish that Ranger School had a very short session on why using paragraphs helps make the American way of life better.

I thank you for your service and like having you on the board. So, please don't take offense and want to kill me when I say that I really wish that Ranger School had a very short session on why using paragraphs helps make the American way of life better.
Ha ha. I will work on it.

Reactions: onadime
The one guy you’re talking about @ponchfrog was claiming to have medals that were super secret. He got ribbed pretty good, and went off the deep end when he had a pic of him and his wife/baby momma and people went in on that.

He also could not use paragraphs.

He posted something on Facebook with a picture claiming to be a part of a certain Ranger Regiment. Someone from that regiment saw it and called him out on it and it took off from there.

He's claiming he's a green beret at an Air Force Base... Eglin, I haven't looked anything up, but they have a Ranger Training Brigade there for the swamp phase of Ranger School that starts on Camp Rogers at Ft. Benning. (I dropped a good 2LT Nole off there once).

It especially is weird because he hasn't posted on twitter, one iota, one iota about SOFREP releasing the Niger Helmet cam video. If he was legit and as vocal on Social Media as he is, he'd have commented on it.

In other news SSG to LTC is a pretty good jump lol.

@RangerNole When were you in?

I'm guessing you were in a Ranger Battalion? I'm assuming you have a scroll SSI and not just the Tab.

There a a few bad ass Noles in some awesome units in the GWOT era. (please note, I was not in an awesome unit)

@RangerNole When were you in?

I'm guessing you were in a Ranger Battalion? I'm assuming you have a scroll SSI and not just the Tab.

There a a few bad ass Noles in some awesome units in the GWOT era. (please note, I was not in an awesome unit)

7th Group is now at Egilin, they moved there from Bragg a while back. Yea I was a Bat boy; you know your stuff if you know the difference. I am sure to the civilian world it sounds silly but the Tab is a school, the Scroll is a way of life. I started there in 1986 and then went SF. All told I have almost 33 years in, about 12 active and the rest NG/Reserve. I am still in through a program called IMA. I serve roughly 40 days a year and pretty much write my own schedule. Plan on staying in till I am 60 which is 8 years away.

7th Group is now at Egilin, they moved there from Bragg a while back. Yea I was a Bat boy; you know your stuff if you know the difference. I am sure to the civilian world it sounds silly but the Tab is a school, the Scroll is a way of life. I started there in 1986 and then went SF. All told I have almost 33 years in, about 12 active and the rest NG/Reserve. I am still in through a program called IMA. I serve roughly 40 days a year and pretty much write my own schedule. Plan on staying in till I am 60 which is 8 years away.

Thank you for your service

Sounds cool and thank you. I really need to make it down to Tally for a game. Just not something I can justify it with my travel schedule. Been married almost 23 years (although being gone about 6 of it probably helped with that) coming home on a Friday and telling the wife "hey babe I know I am gone all week, but figured I would leave you and the kids for the weekend to go tailgate at FSU" doesn't sound like a smart move. However my daughter has talked about FSU, so maybe a college tour would be a good idea; could write it off and have plenty of family to stay with for free.

Reactions: onadime

Thanks Ponch!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT