ADVERTISEMENT

Remember Bushido Nole?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds cool and thank you. I really need to make it down to Tally for a game. Just not something I can justify it with my travel schedule. Been married almost 23 years (although being gone about 6 of it probably helped with that) coming home on a Friday and telling the wife "hey babe I know I am gone all week, but figured I would leave you and the kids for the weekend to go tailgate at FSU" doesn't sound like a smart move. However my daughter has talked about FSU, so maybe a college tour would be a good idea; could write it off and have plenty of family to stay with for free.

If you ever make it to P'Cola, throw a heads-up and we can meet out for a beer.

Fun things to do with Stolen Glory whores. Ask them to see their Military ID. Ask them why they don't carry it, like every other soldier does, ex or active. Ask them to go down to the VFW with you, to regale the members with the tales of glory.

Jumping on what BK said, I think this is pretty much wrong. At least in my circles, all the ex-military I know DON'T carry their papers unless they have a specific reason. And if one just separated, and has no benefits, they cut your military ID and give you the picture when you leave, so no ID to carry. Who carries their DD214 around just to randomly prove? It has your SSN on it. Never been to a VFW either. Active is a different story, I think most are required to carry.

I am sure to the civilian world it sounds silly but the Tab is a school, the Scroll is a way of life.
Speaking only for myself - as someone who knows very little about most any of it - it's all very fascinating! I enjoy reading the things - even the small details like that - that you guys post about your lives, which are so different from mine.

Now if you ever want me to reciprocate and post a long description about the process for obtaining a CIA certification (that's Certified Internal Auditor, not the other one) and my rich history of "risk management" work, then I'd be happy to! :)

7th Group is now at Egilin, they moved there from Bragg a while back. Yea I was a Bat boy; you know your stuff if you know the difference. I am sure to the civilian world it sounds silly but the Tab is a school, the Scroll is a way of life. I started there in 1986 and then went SF. All told I have almost 33 years in, about 12 active and the rest NG/Reserve. I am still in through a program called IMA. I serve roughly 40 days a year and pretty much write my own schedule. Plan on staying in till I am 60 which is 8 years away.

Nice, I did four in the NG and then commissioned active when I graduated. Did 11B OSUT at Benning and then commissioned Signal. Was too much travel haha so I got out after my second tour.

I miss being in the NG, especially during disasters.

Edit: Congrats on the career, sounds like you'll have a lot retirement points!

I'm a doctor, I'm a lawyer, I'm a movie star
I'm an astronaut and I own this bar

I’m a lawyer, I employ doctors at the facilities I own, I was in the rocketry club in High School for a year, I was an extra in Under Siege and The Change-up and my home bar is stocked better than 90% of the public bars I’ve seen.

So I’m close to your standards. ;p

Last edited:
One of my sources believe that he's full of crap!

He’s too old to be doing what he claims as a nube or relative nube. He’s got to be around my age or older and I’m one year from aging out of the possibility of doing JAG and that’s several years past when you can join the more active side of the military.

Last edited:
Speaking only for myself - as someone who knows very little about most any of it - it's all very fascinating! I enjoy reading the things - even the small details like that - that you guys post about your lives, which are so different from mine.

Now if you ever want me to reciprocate and post a long description about the process for obtaining a CIA certification (that's Certified Internal Auditor, not the other one) and my rich history of "risk management" work, then I'd be happy to! :)

Hey that long description about the process for obtaining a CIA certification thing sounds fascinating.It really is a very different world and then within the different career fields there are different sub-cultures. If you were a fly on the wall when we are just hanging out talking you would think we were insane. I really think the greatest thing is the type and level of friendships you build. I have countless friends that I might I might chat up in our private groups on Facebook now and then, or talk to on the phone once or twice a year that would do anything for me on a moments notice no questions asked.
While I don't doubt that there are racists and sexists in the military just like society in general; within the groups I associate it really boils down to your work effort and capabilities. If you are willing to sacrifice everything for your brothers and bust your but you get along with everyone; if you are a piece of crap then you are shunned and eventually find your way to a place you can't cause damage. This is likely due to the fact that your reputation is not only documented; but arrives at your unit before you do.

No it wasn't me. I think someone from another site came on here and dimed him out. I never really had an issue with Pben and was shocked he was a poser. Unlike some people he didn't lie to the maximum level. He said he was in Somalia with 10th Mountain and received a Bronze Star for Valor; not really an over the top lie. Most people didn't know 10th Mountain was in Somlia and he never really went crazy with his claims of valor.

Had he pulled the I was in 3/75, SF or CAG in Somalia and was a hero then I would have looked into it and it could have been proven false pretty easily. I knew a bunch of folks that were there, including 1 who I went to the Q-course with that was tore up pretty bad, and they have a reunion yearly; which includes an event called the MOG Mile. I don't know why people try and play the I was a SEAL, Ranger, Green Beret etc.; it is beyond easy to check and as a whole SOF is a tiny community. Heck when the war started and all the politicians were clamoring to be seen as pro veteran etc. my wife was invited to an event by a congressman she went with her parents and some of her parents friends were present as well. The son of one of her parents friends was also there telling everyone he was a Green Beret; my in-laws just being curious asked the kid what he thought about Ft. Bragg; kid responds I have never been to Ft. Bragg. Uh you do realize the Q-Course is there and if you are in SF you will likely spend 1/2 your career at Ft. Bragg.

Now there was a dude on here when I first started posting who claimed to be a Ranger and SF with multiple tours in Iraq and A-stan as a SSG; but was now a LTC in the conventional Army. We went at pretty good and eventually he left the board I think. His problem was time line, no way he could have accomplished what he said in the time he had served. I am sure we have all stretched the truth with tales of greatness; but most of us grow out of it in MS or HS. I guess some people need to make crap up in order to feel better about themselves. I am sure UCLA can provide a medical definition; I just call them $#%^ talkers.

Thanks for this summary. I too knew/know Pben. We know some of the same people in the athletic industry and actually connected on FB. What you summarized now makes sense to me as back on 2013 I shared the passing of my nephew and FSU grad, Justin L Sisson.
I believe you jumped in quickly to help with the Patriot Riders and other support. What was strange in this regard is when I posted something on FB and Pben chimed in as having known him and had a few beers with him to other people that responded to my post. I thought it was weird or just a strange coincidence. Now it makes sense.
BTW, I'll be in Tally on the 24th to run in Justin's race. It's the 4th year of the event and the proceeds provide scholarships to to ROTC cadets. If anyone is in town an is looking for a great event to participate in, come on down. I believe the race is run through campus. This is the first time I've had to run the race.
Thanks again RangerNole for your service!

Here is what went down with PBen. I knew him for a dozen years in Williamsburg. He introduced himself in 2002 as a Ranger with served in Somalia and had helped to provide details to mark Bowden (the newspaper writer) and subsequently the producers of the movie Blackhawk Down. He claimed a Purple heart (he had a piece of shrapnel on his desk he claimed was removed from his knee), add in a bunch of other stories about his time at FSU, from Bpobby Bowden giving him tickets to the 93 Championship game becuse he "had been through hell in Somalia" to he was a roommate of Brad Johnson to he played linebacker with Kirk Carruthers to finally he told one guy he was a punter. Bottom line on the FSU stuff, he never attended FSU. Back to the main part, we had a bunch of people over one night to watch the FSU Notre Dame Bowl Game. We had just moved into a new house and a lot of our neighbors were military, including a COL who did serve in Somalia. After about a minute of the COL and PBen talking, the COL walked away and did not say anything. Later that night, his wife came up to me and said "that guy has never been to Benning a day in his life and pretty sure never been in combat" A few other questionable occurrences happened and we ordered his 214 through FOIA. He was never a Ranger, never in combat, he was a E-4 electrician who was in Hawaii and Eustis. I stopped having anything to do with him, but he continued with his lies, ranging from NIKE sales rep to Under Armour regional manager. My neighbor, a retired Navy Chief, invited him over for the Army Navy game and of course the idiot shows up wearing a Ranger hat and when he lost his bet, went on camera saying he hoped the guys in his regiment would not see this. If you know his real name, google him, the video is on YouTube and a few Stolen Valor sites has his 214. Feel free to email me if you like and I can send you the documents as well.

invited him over for the Army Navy game and of course the idiot shows up wearing a Ranger hat and when he lost his bet, went on camera saying he hoped the guys in his regiment would not see this. If you know his real name, google him, the video is on YouTube and a few Stolen Valor sites has his 214. Feel free to email me if you like and I can send you the documents as well.
By all means, please post the video. Let's all see what this liar looks like.

He got a masters from Bill & Mary U - maybe he's Tribe.....we are through the looking glasses here, people.

Yeah, no go on attending FSU or William and Mary. He had a resume online that had him with degrees from both and an officer in the Army, he got busted hard on that by a Dean at William and Mary. It really got bad when someone tried to get him honored on the field during a football game for his service in Somalia, the SID and PR backpedaled quickly when they saw the truth

He got a masters from Bill & Mary U - maybe he's Tribe.....we are through the looking glasses here, people.

He said he went to Bill and Mary, I actually did. Pretty tough to sneak a fake degree past the Bar.

Reactions: KLNole
e91550e6.jpg

Reactions: PoopandBoogers
Yeah, no go on attending FSU or William and Mary. He had a resume online that had him with degrees from both and an officer in the Army, he got busted hard on that by a Dean at William and Mary. It really got bad when someone tried to get him honored on the field during a football game for his service in Somalia, the SID and PR backpedaled quickly when they saw the truth
Where did he go to college?

I missed that part. Man I bet he even lied about this to his wife and kids.
A bet I would not be willing to take, his wife and my wife used to be friends. Hell, I went to his 40th birthday party only to find out after someone did some digging, he was actually 46, he told us he was born in 1969 and it turns out is was 1963. A former neighbor of his found his records from Florida and his marriage license to his first wife showing the true birthdate.

I mean he has a national defense service medal, so he’s pretty much a war hero haha

BUT HE WON A GOOD CONDUCT MEDAL!

um, thats pretty much a "you are not a dip$h!t" award. Keep your nose clean and they give em out like candy!

Some people have such small lives they need to pretend they are bigger. Very odd. I couldn't even watch the whole video.

Hey that long description about the process for obtaining a CIA certification thing sounds fascinating.It really is a very different world and then within the different career fields there are different sub-cultures. If you were a fly on the wall when we are just hanging out talking you would think we were insane. I really think the greatest thing is the type and level of friendships you build. I have countless friends that I might I might chat up in our private groups on Facebook now and then, or talk to on the phone once or twice a year that would do anything for me on a moments notice no questions asked.
While I don't doubt that there are racists and sexists in the military just like society in general; within the groups I associate it really boils down to your work effort and capabilities. If you are willing to sacrifice everything for your brothers and bust your but you get along with everyone; if you are a piece of crap then you are shunned and eventually find your way to a place you can't cause damage. This is likely due to the fact that your reputation is not only documented; but arrives at your unit before you do.

Agreed. My time in was very different than yours (or so you say) but there are many universal aspects of service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT