ADVERTISEMENT

Remember Bushido Nole?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok spill the beans
Just a quick summary, he presented himself as a former FSU player. He ingratiated himself with the coaches at William and Mary and made friends with the Nike rep there. As PBen is very skilled at doing, he adapted those stories the Nike rep would tell, it got to the point where he is telling everyone that he was the Nike rep and that he got sideline passes for Wake Forest/FSU game from Grobe because of his ties with Nike. In truth, Grobe is friends with someone who gave PBen and another guy tickets. Instead of just saying thank you, it was PBen who "got the tickets and that soon he was going to be running the uniform contracts for these teams". It kept spiraling till the Nike thing did not bear fruit and then all of a sudden he was Under Armour. In truth, it sounds like he had some success with a few minor teams, but he also had a lot of problems delivering, it appears he was a middle man trying to hustle deals.

Starting to now wonder if Pben also had another user ID here where he tried to act like some big shot lawyer in Fairfax, Virginia.....

It truly is, the Ranger stuff was just part of it, some people tried to get him some help but no luck.

Knowing what my nephew went through to become a Ranger and how proud be was of this accomplishment, it breaks my heart that guys would go around doing this.
I rarely get emotional about stuff but this gets me in the gut.

Just a quick summary, he presented himself as a former FSU player. He ingratiated himself with the coaches at William and Mary and made friends with the Nike rep there. As PBen is very skilled at doing, he adapted those stories the Nike rep would tell, it got to the point where he is telling everyone that he was the Nike rep and that he got sideline passes for Wake Forest/FSU game from Grobe because of his ties with Nike. In truth, Grobe is friends with someone who gave PBen and another guy tickets. Instead of just saying thank you, it was PBen who "got the tickets and that soon he was going to be running the uniform contracts for these teams". It kept spiraling till the Nike thing did not bear fruit and then all of a sudden he was Under Armour. In truth, it sounds like he had some success with a few minor teams, but he also had a lot of problems delivering, it appears he was a middle man trying to hustle deals.

I can confirm this as I was with Nike at the time and made the connection with him. The Nike rep he referenced does exist. He is/was a football rep in sports marketing working with college teams and some pro athletes. Pben never worked for Nike. Now he also claimed, and it was on his LinkedIn page that he was a team rep for UA. Not sure if that's true or not based on the stories being shared.
Why people do this is beyond me. Real issues in the head for sure.

Starting to now wonder if Pben also had another user ID here where he tried to act like some big shot lawyer in Fairfax, Virginia.....
I know he did after he was "outed", he contacted a couple of the Mods asking what they knew about PBen, and it was easy for them to see the IP address and know it was him.

I can confirm this as I was with Nike at the time and made the connection with him. The Nike rep he referenced does exist. He is/was a football rep in sports marketing working with college teams and some pro athletes. Pben never worked for Nike. Now he also claimed, and it was on his LinkedIn page that he was a team rep for UA. Not sure if that's true or not based on the stories being shared.
Why people do this is beyond me. Real issues in the head for sure.
He messed up a lot of the uniforms/shirts and such with our youth sports groups. When we called Under Armour to complain, they had never heard of him, finally saw his business card, a huge Under Armour logo on it, but a standard email address with no affiliation to UA.

He messed up a lot of the uniforms/shirts and such with our youth sports groups. When we called Under Armour to complain, they had never heard of him, finally saw his business card, a huge Under Armour logo on it, but a standard email address with no affiliation to UA.
So what was his real job? How did he make a living?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT