ADVERTISEMENT

Rough time in Houston/Galveston

Fijimn

Veteran Seminole Insider
May 7, 2008
i have had the 3 day ban so haven't been able to post here. Plus it's been terrible. One Tuesday I got a call that the police found my nephew dead at some part house on the island. His mother lives near us, so I had to go to her house And tell her that her youngest boy died. We had no idea he was messing around with H. It's just an complete shock

To make matters more difficult, my daughter gave me the foot-hand-mouth disease. Which is like having a million ant bites on my hands feet and my throat.

I'm sacking up to make it to the memorial so I can say good bye to the little guy. He really was a great kid. My wife and I took he and his brother everywhere during the summer cause his mom was always working. Most summers I'd find him sleeping on our couch during the summer. This opioid addiction is getting out of control

Sorry for rant- no one in la familia is dealing with this very well.

So sorry to hear about the nephew Fiji. Addiction is powerful and painful, the hidden addictions are the most painful to the loved ones as too often the only way to know someone needs help is when it's too late.

Thoughts and well wishes with you and your family sir.

i have had the 3 day ban so haven't been able to post here. Plus it's been terrible. One Tuesday I got a call that the police found my nephew dead at some part house on the island. His mother lives near us, so I had to go to her house And tell her that her youngest boy died. We had no idea he was messing around with H. It's just an complete shock

To make matters more difficult, my daughter gave me the foot-hand-mouth disease. Which is like having a million ant bites on my hands feet and my throat.

I'm sacking up to make it to the memorial so I can say good bye to the little guy. He really was a great kid. My wife and I took he and his brother everywhere during the summer cause his mom was always working. Most summers I'd find him sleeping on our couch during the summer. This opioid addiction is getting out of control

I'm very sorry to hear that. And yes, the opioid addiction levels (with heroin) in particular have been spiking across the country (the White House said in October it's doubled since 2009), but especially so in Texas, Florida, Georgia and Louisiana.

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

The annual deaths from drug overdose in this country are approaching 50,000 (over 10,000 of that from heroine). That is a lot of lives that are being affected by drugs.

Sorry you're going through all of that. T&Ps...

I've lost 4, out of 110, of my high school graduation class to heroin OD's in the last 3 to 4 years..........with the big crack down on pill mills, et al. heroin has taken its place with devastating unintended consequences.

I so wish I wasn't a junkie.

Sincerest condolences, fijimn.

What, what?

I thought it was well known here.............I'm a functional junkie due to the 6 surgeries I had fighting MRSA staph (for the ONLY pressure sore I've ever had, it's why I was in that nursing home after Ivan) while getting my Masters at FSU. I've been on a HEAVY amount of pain killers ever since then.

I thought it was well known here.............I'm a functional junkie due to the 6 surgeries I had fighting MRSA staph (for the ONLY pressure sore I've ever had, it's why I was in that nursing home after Ivan) while getting my Masters at FSU. I've been on a HEAVY amount of pain killers ever since then.

I remember your Ivan ordeal. Didn't know about that aspect. Sorry to hear that.

So sorry to hear that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: LLOYD72
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT