ADVERTISEMENT

Tampa Bay Bucs

Like / Dislike the Bucs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yea.....that defense was great this year. Last couple years, not so much. Don't know what the defenses relative ranking was, but it has to be very high.
Yeah, Winston could have done the same with this defense.

Pretty sure TB has had a influence on the entire locker room that has elevated everyones play. Could Jamies one day have the same presence? I hope so. Maybe one day eating your fingers pregame will be the norm.

Reactions: fsufool
The QB threw 3 picks today the defense overcame it this year
He did not have his best game today, but it is obvious Brady is the catalyst to that championship. The truly great ones elevate all around them and have the ability to will an entire organization to greater heights. Anyone can see he was the difference maker for the Bucs this year.

It's no coincidence. Brady's play has been exemplary. The players see the example he sets and how he approaches the game, it rubbed off on teammates. He made them a better team by his play and how he carries himself.

Hopefully we can get something similar from Milton. I am not saying McKenzie was ever a legendary player, but, compared to some of the bozos we have had in the program since ‘17, Milton has to seem like a SuperHero.

Seriously? One position change
To be fair, added Fournette, Antonio brown and Gronk even though Brown was a late addition but Brady has shown he’s a difference maker. Pats didn’t even make the playoffs with a former MVP and super bowl qb in Newton and leads our Bucs to the super bowl playing all games on the road.

I love hating the Patriots. One of my all time favorite things to do. So Brady getting the Bucs to the Super Bowl, I do not feel that great about it. I hate Brady almost as much. Whine and Cheat quarterback.
There is a bright side though, Belichick can’t pretend he is some genius now.

To be fair, added Fournette, Antonio brown and Gronk even though Brown was a late addition but Brady has shown he’s a difference maker. Pats didn’t even make the playoffs with a former MVP and super bowl qb in Newton and leads our Bucs to the super bowl playing all games on the road.

If you closely watched last year AND this year, you'd know the difference. Fournette, Gronk, etc are nice adds. But the difference is Tom. Period.

Jameis was definitely a turnover machine and threw way too many interceptions. He was careless securing the football which led to fumbles and he forced the ball way too often because he was too confident in his ability to complete any pass.

But from what I saw during the year he threw like 30 picks, at least 10 were on the WRs IMO. And 6-7 of those were on Mike Evans and not Jameis.

Brady made a few bad throws tonight for sure.

But as good as Evans can be, he hurts his QB having balls bounce off his hands and get intercepted, running the wrong route, stopping on his routes, losing / not locating the ball while it's in the air, not giving full effort going after the pass, not doing enough to try and switch roles and play defense on a bad throw.

The one pass near the end zone that went off Evans' hands and was picked was too high and that was definitely on Brady. But Tampa Bay had a bunch of bad drops tonight and Evans just seems to have mental lapses where the ball wouldn't be picked if he didn't stop on his route, had better awareness, or played a little defense to prevent a pick.

Jameis was definitely an interception machine. He forced the ball way too often because he was too confident in his ability to complete any pass.

But from what I saw, the year he threw like 30 picks, around 10 were on the WRs IMO. And 6-7 of those were on Mike Evans and not Jameis.

But as good as Evans can be, he hurts his QB having balls bounce off his hands and get intercepted, running the wrong route, stopping on his routes, losing the ball, not giving full effort going for the ball, etc.

The one pass near the end zone that went off Evans' hands and was picked was too high and definitely on Brady But Tampa Bay had a bunch of bad drops tonight and Evans just seems to have mental lapses where the ball wouldn't be picked if he didn't stop on his route, had better awareness, or played a little defense to prevent a pick.

Last year, there were prob 5 INTs that defenses dropped of JW too.

Bring in the greatest Qb, plus upgrade at WR, TE, OL and DL.
Oline and Dline basically the same. Dline had a better year last year. More sacks and fewer rushing yards allowed. Tight End is also a push because OJ Howard was on last years team. Only addition at receiver is AB. This team really had fewer changes then most teams do. Except the big change at QB.

Jameis was definitely a turnover machine and threw way too many interceptions. He was careless securing the football which led to fumbles and he forced the ball way too often because he was too confident in his ability to complete any pass.

But from what I saw during the year he threw like 30 picks, at least 10 were on the WRs IMO. And 6-7 of those were on Mike Evans and not Jameis.

But as good as Evans can be, he hurts his QB having balls bounce off his hands and get intercepted, running the wrong route, stopping on his routes, losing / not locating the ball while it's in the air, not giving full effort going after the pass, not doing enough to try and switch roles and play defense on a bad throw.

The one pass near the end zone that went off Evans' hands and was picked was too high and that was definitely on Brady. But Tampa Bay had a bunch of bad drops tonight and Evans just seems to have mental lapses where the ball wouldn't be picked if he didn't stop on his route, had better awareness, or played a little defense to prevent a pick.

Evans is either good or horrible. Wildly inconsistent.

Reactions: BoNoles

No offense but Evans just broke a record for 1000 yard receiving years. He broke Randy Moss's record. Your criticism are overly picayune. Evans is a stud and one of the top receivers in the league.

Tampa has been building this for a few years. So much goes into this, but at the top of the list is Tom Brady. So much of what he does is not seen in the stat sheet.

Last year, there were prob 5 INTs that defenses dropped of JW too.
Oh yeah no doubt, I'm sure it was more than that.

I'm not being a homer, Jameis was way too careless and turned the ball over far too often. I completely understand why TB moved on from him, you can't give it to the other team that often in the NFL and expect to be an elite team.

With that said, there were also too many times that the TB WRs didn't help the matter.

I saw a ton of the picks and fumbles that were all on Jameis, but I also saw Evans stop on his routes, have easy catches bounce off his hands for an interception, lose the ball or give a half ass effort with the ball in the air, etc. Evans is a stud overall though so don't get me wrong.

I think Jameis will get a second shot to start somewhere and he better improve on that or he will be right back to the bench.

Reactions: mjpwooo
Oline and Dline basically the same. Dline had a better year last year. More sacks and fewer rushing yards allowed. Tight End is also a push because OJ Howard was on last years team. Only addition at receiver is AB. This team really had fewer changes then most teams do. Except the big change at QB.
TE a push? Gronk has lost a step but is an incredible blocking TE. Anyone that knows football will see this. A push with OJ Howard. One of the funniest comments I’ve read on this board.

Reactions: marc1218
No offense but Evans just broke a record for 1000 yard receiving years. He broke Randy Moss's record. Your criticism are overly picayune. Evans is a stud and one of the top receivers in the league.

I don't disagree at all. I never disputed that Evans wasn't a top WR. That doesn't mean that 6-7 of Jameis' picks that year weren't Evans' fault, that was my point. Plus 4-5 more were on other WRs - it just seemed to be plenty of Jameis turning it over too much but also his WRs being responsible for more interceptions than normal which padded his already too high INT number.

I don't blame TB at all from moving on and obviously they made the right decision.

I hope TB's defense can play this way in the SB and beat either KC or BUF. I think KC will win tonight and they absolutely scorched the TB secondary earlier this year. Let's hope round 2 will be different and Brady can get #7.

Last edited:
Reactions: marc1218
Many of JWs picks either put the D in terrible positions or were pick 6s.

So, defense would look worse last year. "30 opportunities" to have to cover up for your QB.

Reactions: BoNoles

They added a 1st round OT who had a tremendous season. That's not "basically the same."

Reactions: bigeasynole
y’all hate Jamies or something? It’s not like he got replaced by a regular QB. He got replaced by Tom Brady, The GOAT. And Honestly the defense has won the last 2 games.
Either way, without Jaimes Winston......we don't get that 3rd National Championship.

Reactions: Jeinole23
Bucs added tons of guys to make the team better. Anyone that can acknowledge that is pointless to argue with. Tom Brady is a huge upgrade but to say the others didn’t make significant impacts is foolish. The top draft picks have made enormous impacts plus a bunch of need offensive weapons. OJ Howard vs. Gronk is laughable.

Agreed, Winston would have taken this team to the SB.

Sarcasm font? Winston would’ve lost this locker room early, turned the ball over much more.
I love Jameis as a Nole, but he’s been a turnover machine outside of the 2013 season.

Brady is 1000% the reason they’re in the super bowl. He changed the culture, changed the mindset, and it’s obvious if you’re a Bucs fan.

This is literally the highest scoring and lowest turnover Bucs team of all time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT