ADVERTISEMENT

The Latest New Footie Thread

All sorts of Gooner activity yesterday/today:

• Jenko - sold to Nottingham Forest
  • Eddie Nketiah - likely going to Bristol City on loan (not in favor of this)
  • Arsenal were never interested in Coutinho allegedly...AND Coutinho has rejected a loan move to spuds.
  • Everton allegedly bid 30mil GBP for Iwobi and Arsenal said no - WHY?!
  • DC United in for Ozil...really?! Please let it be true!
  • Welbz has signed for Watford
  • David Luiz allegedly trying to force a move to Arsenal.

Dayum that's a lot of activity!

Apparently terms were agreed with Rugani and they were finalizing details with Juventis. If that is the case, Luiz would be a second CB. Maybe they are planning to offload Mustafi...we can only hope.

All sorts of Gooner activity yesterday/today:

• Jenko - sold to Nottingham Forest
  • Eddie Nketiah - likely going to Bristol City on loan (not in favor of this)
  • Arsenal were never interested in Coutinho allegedly...AND Coutinho has rejected a loan move to spuds.
  • Everton allegedly bid 30mil GBP for Iwobi and Arsenal said no - WHY?!
  • DC United in for Ozil...really?! Please let it be true!
  • Welbz has signed for Watford
  • David Luiz allegedly trying to force a move to Arsenal.

Dayum that's a lot of activity!

Not sure Luiz is the answer at all. He has never been known for his defensive skills.

Reactions: LesClaypool
DC takes Ozil and the soccer gods will be smiling on me. That would push DC farther down the table in the future, and allow my beloved Five Stripes to have one less obstacle to overcome.

So Tierney is injured and won’t even begin training for 4-6 weeks. They needed immediate help on defense and signed a guy who probably won’t be ready to play until mid-October. Typical Arsenal.

So Tierney is injured and won’t even begin training for 4-6 weeks. They needed immediate help on defense and signed a guy who probably won’t be ready to play until mid-October. Typical Arsenal.

I'm not exactly sure how accurate the 4-6 weeks is. I have heard he will be back into training in 1-2 weeks, with games potential just after Labor Day. Of course nobody knows since he apparently had surgery over the summer.

As for typical Arsenal, how about signing a CB and immediately loaning him back to where they purchased him from? The one position of great need was CB and they spent money but won't even get to have the guy for a year.

Overall I think it was a good transfer window. They still have work to do, but the main positions of need were addressed...LB, CB, Box-to-Box CM, a winger that can dribble at the defense.

The only thing more sorry than Chelsea, is City's away kits. Now I can hope that Tottenham or Arsenal fail and MUFC might return to the CL.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT