ADVERTISEMENT

The Official LR College Gameday Drinking Game Thread.

I gave up going to TC in the Bowden years after all the vitriol when we were having 7 win seasons. I can't imagine that place now.
It's just nice to know that there are guys that are way more upset than I am. :D
Plus I usually just go to the Game Thread. It's not as bad as all the one post thread rants.
But I've never seen all the stickys disappear like this. Pretty low point for the program.

It's just nice to know that there are guys that are way more upset than I am. :D
Plus I usually just go to the Game Thread. It's not as bad as all the one post thread rants.
But I've never seen all the stickys disappear like this. Pretty low point for the program.

Yeah, the first few years of the lost decade, I took it much harder than I should have. Then I got numb to being an average team that was going to blow games with stupid, lethargic play and poor coaching. It didn't hurt as much. The Jimbo era gave me hope for another dynasty, but it was fleeting. As we lost to NC St, I just summoned the old numbness and though recent losses suck and this blowout was really bad, I knew we could easily lose to Miami, Louisville and this game. Unless there is a miracle turnaround, we are looking at the first losing season in 40 years ... with a team that many thought was national championship caliber. Something is wrong and needs to change.

Reactions: mnole03
Yeah, the first few years of the lost decade, I took it much harder than I should have. Then I got numb to being an average team that was going to blow games with stupid, lethargic play and poor coaching. It didn't hurt as much. The Jimbo era gave me hope for another dynasty, but it was fleeting. As we lost to NC St, I just summoned the old numbness and though recent losses suck and this blowout was really bad, I knew we could easily lose to Miami, Louisville and this game. Unless there is a miracle turnaround, we are looking at the first losing season in 40 years ... with a team that many thought was national championship caliber. Something is wrong and needs to change.

Sad, but that’s how I am too. Winning felt like the anomaly.

Was just reading that the wise powers that be guaranteed Jimbo's entire contract through 2024. If we fire him, we owe him roughly $40 million. If I'm ever negotiating a deal, I want his agent.

Reactions: RTM58
Was just reading that the wise powers that be guaranteed Jimbo's entire contract through 2024. If we fire him, we owe him roughly $40 million. If I'm ever negotiating a deal, I want his agent.
Yes, but if he quits or is hired away, it is a fraction of that.

Yes, but if he quits or is hired away, it is a fraction of that.
I have a funny feeling, Jimbo won’t be on anyone’s list this year. This week may be interesting. Big boosters and FSU media all calling for firings this week and he is very stubborn. But, after this coupled with the Miami and Louisville defense meltdowns then mixed in with an aloof and uncaring defense looked whilst being embarrassed, Kelly needs to go. Send a message to team that their are consequences for not playing hard.

Jimbo needs to open up practices too. Tired of his spin turning out to be all spin. Let me hear from writers covering team every practice just how good we are....

I am not giving up on Jimbo. What he did for program and quickly turning it around to where we were in 2013-2014 was amazing. I think honestly, between the divorce and being king of the world, he has checked out a bit the years following but does not have a staff worthy of running the program without him there at all times micromanaging. I think and hope the anger causes that fire in his belly to wake again.

We also have stumbled. No way we should be forced to start a freshman if frenchy got hurt, which everyone knew was a distinct possibility. JJ should have been gone away and a transfer from judo, fcs or who had graduated should have been brought in.

Last edited:
I have a funny feeling, Jimbo won’t be on anyone’s list this year. This week may be interesting. Big boosters and FSU media all calling for firings this week and he is very stubborn. But, after this coupled with the Miami and Louisville defense meltdowns then mixed in with an aloof and uncaring defense looked whilst being embarrassed, Kelly needs to go. Send a message to team that their are consequences for not playing hard.

Jimbo needs to open up practices too. Tired of his spin turning out to be all spin. Let me here from writers covering team every practice just how good we are....

I believe Ira posted practices have been closed all season.

Good morning everyone! Hope your Saturday is better than your Friday night. I have to go sit in cold, wet weather for my kid's baseball tournament. :confused:
Rah rah ree, kick em in the knee. Rah rah rass, kick em in the other knee! Hope you have fun.

Good morning everyone! Hope your Saturday is better than your Friday night. I have to go sit in cold, wet weather for my kid's baseball tournament. :confused:

Kids baseball tournament game day drinking thread?

I am at kids soccer games all day. Both teams are pretty good, and actually try. I am confident both will outscore the Jimbo Juggernaught.

*Please don't link opposing sites. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lucky, yes - but they do a good job of taking advantage of breaks. If it were us, we'd have been called for defensive holding on the 4th down play, then given up the td a play later.

Kids baseball tournament game day drinking thread?

I am at kids soccer games all day. Both teams are pretty good, and actually try. I am confident both will outscore the Jimbo Juggernaught.

Yes both games, his team scored more than the football game last night!

Reactions: billanole
So what is worse:
1) Getting curb stomped by a mediocre team of whom you don't know a single fan & that carries no emotional baggage, or
2) Getting curb stomped by one of your main rivals

I’m not as much rooting for them as I am rooting against institutionally-sanctioned pedophelia.
The good news is I don't think it matters one way or the other. I root very hard for my teams, but they generally still suck! :oops:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT