ADVERTISEMENT

The Unvacionated

I do not think that is accurate or fair at all. LA already has almost 500 shelters offering more than 20,000 beds per night. We spend between $600 million and a billion dollars every year on homeless services. We just approved an additional $250 million to expand the program that is providing hotel vouchers to unhoused people and purchasing hotels to be converted into permanent housing.

We are moving forward with a plan to convert the entire LA General Hospital complex into permanent housing. We have built tiny house villages all over the city. My VA campus has built and renovated several large buildings dedicated to housing and installed a tiny house village. Expanding to the state, we have spent something like $15 billion over the last five years and provided shelter to over half a million people.

As I noted in previous post, the number of homeless encampments around the city have dropped noticeably just in the last couple of years.
I can’t speak to LA. I lived in Seattle and worked from Portland to Vancouver. It was an absolute shitshow and by all accounts it has just gotten worse in the 5 years since we left.

True story. Ed Murray, the pedophile former mayor of Seattle stood up in front of a chamber meeting and claimed that he had “fixed the homeless crisis in Seattle”. What he had actually done was move the encampment (using city workers) from under I-5 to a mile away closer to UW. Thousands of homeless, their tents and belongings were just relocated. As if no one would ever notice.
And try walking down a sidewalk in Portland. Impossible. They have ceased to exist.

Last edited:
I can’t speak to LA. I lived in Seattle and worked from Portland to Vancouver. It was an absolute shitshow and by all accounts it has just gotten worse in the 5 years since we left.
Have you ever watched that video "Seattle is dying"? It's a year or 2 old now I think. Pretty eye opening.

Have you ever watched that video "Seattle is dying"? It's a year or 2 old now I think. Pretty eye opening.
We went back last august and it was visually disturbing to see the changes. I feel bad for most of my friends because they have no conception that competent governing can be effective. They have zero frame of reference.

Reactions: goldmom
I'll just disagree with you like Ronald Reagan would.
I’m sure you have a handle on what Ronald Reagan would think. Since you seem to know a lot about Defense budgets, NATO operations and Eastern Europe in general please tell me what you would do? Keep funneling money into weapons for a war of attrition and not really helping the people of Ukraine? Blindly throwing money at something only pads pockets, if we want to truly help Ukraine we need to expel Putin from it.

I’m sure you have a handle on what Ronald Reagan would think. Since you seem to know a lot about Defense budgets, NATO operations and Eastern Europe in general please tell me what you would do? Keep funneling money into weapons for a war of attrition and not really helping the people of Ukraine? Blindly throwing money at something only pads pockets, if we want to truly help Ukraine we need to expel Putin from it.

I know a little about it. I lived in Ukraine for 7 weeks in 2011. Kiev and Dnipro. I keep in touch with three friends from there. A year ago, I created a fundraiser for my former tour guide.

Ronald Reagan called the Soviet Union the "Evil Empire."

Vladimir Putin is a former KGB officer and now dictator of Russia. He's trying to build back the Soviet Union by invading neighboring countries. First Chechnya, Georgia and now Ukraine. Putin hates America. He's sent thousands of internet trolls to cause mayhem online and interfere in our free and fair elections. He's a thug, pure and simple.

I think it's fair to say that Ronald Reagan would oppose Putin. 😆

I'd do what most of the world is doing now. Give weapons to Ukraine and sanction Russia.

What would you do: allow Putin to bring back the Soviet Union by invading any nation he wants?

What would you do: allow Putin to bring back the Soviet Union by invading any nation he wants?
Simply not true that's Putin is recreating the Soviet Union.

The Soviet Union was an "evil empire"... didn't stop us from sending over U.S. grain that kept them alive....

This is about making money....war=profits

The Ukraine has been under the control of Russia for hundreds of years... but now, an independent Russia is the linchpin to the global order?? What economic and political interests does the U.S. have in Ukraine? None.

It is systemically ignored if not widely accepted. How about investing some of that ridiculous amount of taxes levied to offer shelters, programs and solutions? I have never seen government do less with more than my time on the left coast.
Far better to send billions of dollars over to the Ukraine... SMH. Very rarely do I agree with WB on anything, but he's 100% on the money here.

• Haha
Reactions: BrianNole777
Simply not true that's Putin is recreating the Soviet Union.

The Soviet Union was an "evil empire"... didn't stop us from sending over U.S. grain that kept them alive....

This is about making money....war=profits

The Ukraine has been under the control of Russia for hundreds of years... but now, an independent Russia is the linchpin to the global order?? What economic and political interests does the U.S. have in Ukraine? None.

Ukraine has been independent since 1991.

Russia keeps invading them.

America's interests are to stop a dictator and enemy of the U.S. from taking over democratic nations.

America's interests are to stop a dictator and enemy of the U.S. from taking over democratic nations.
Pure comedy, dude. LMFAO
1) Ukraine, democratic? just another corrupt, oligarchic gov't.
2). What possible economic or strategic interests does the Ukraine have for the U.S.?
Answer that question... not with nebulas statements like what you posted above, but with actual information...

Pure comedy, dude. LMFAO
1) Ukraine, democratic? just another corrupt, oligarchic gov't.
2). What possible economic or strategic interests does the Ukraine have for the U.S.?
Answer that question... not with nebulas statements like what you posted above, but with actual information...

1.) Zelensky was elected in a free and fair election.

2.) Ukraine is a bulwark against Russian aggression.

Are you a Russian bot?

What region are you posting from?

LMAO. Complete nonsense. Ukraine is a bulwark against nothing. You still don't answer the question, because you can't. Again, what economic and strategic interests does the Ukraine have for the U.S....?
Are you a Russian bot?
Yes. My primary mission is to interfere in local elections held in Dixie, Levy, and Gilchrist counties, but sometimes I"m ordered to go national
Belarus and Steinhatchee

Zelenski is a tyrant.
I don't think there is a good guy on either side. One is just a lot worse than the other.
^^^Yep. His approval rating by his own people was something like 30% before the war.
Memory is fleeting for Brian... Stalin, Sadam, Noriega, Bin Laden, etc. were all "friends" at one point, too. We've been associating and befriending dictators and "bad men" for 100 years... its politics that openly labels them as "bad men" and threats.

• Haha
We’ve had a few tyrants high up in our country - but in that corner of the world they seem to be accustomed to that type of governance.
Its all they know... but yet we're going to bring democracy to them??

1.) Zelensky was elected in a free and fair election.

Are you a Russian bot?

The Ukraine is one of the most corrupt countries in the world. Both sides are guilty of something...

All neocons please exit left!!
ASAP, like 10 years ago

Let the Conservatives do their thing!

Luke warm is no good for anyone, “say what you will do and do what you say”!

Supporting Ukraine is completely different than sending American troops to invade a sovereign nation like Iraq.
Not completely different, very similar in fact. Sending over American troops would make be the next step, which could very well ignite a World War III involving nuclear weapons. So you had a problem
Does that make sense?
No, you don't make sense... you often contradict yourself. So you had a problem with the U.S. invading a sovereign nation? Yes or no?

Not completely different, very similar in fact. Sending over American troops would make be the next step, which could very well ignite a World War III involving nuclear weapons. So you had a problem

No, you don't make sense... you often contradict yourself. So you had a problem with the U.S. invading a sovereign nation? Yes or no?

I don't see how giving Ukraine weapons and money is the same as sending troops.

I opposed America invading Iraq for many reasons. Basically, I knew it would end up a debacle.

I don't see how giving Ukraine weapons and money is the same as sending troops.

I opposed America invading Iraq for many reasons. Basically, I knew it would end up a debacle.
But you were Ok with NATO attacking a sovereign nation that was no threat to NATO and carpet bombing cities and killing civilians.... where does that fall under "just war".

Didn't say it was the same thing, said similar, next step would be sending troops.

• Haha
All neocons please exit left!!
ASAP, like 10 years ago

Let the Conservatives do their thing!

Luke warm is no good for anyone, “say what you will do and do what you say!"
Old-time conservatives are now RINOs in today's GOP. You can deny it all you want but you know it's true.

Sure you can. You will just have a hard time finding a place in today's Republican Party.

And if every Congress person who supports the aide going to Ukraine is a neocon, then both Houses are full of them.
All these people are so deep in these eastern Europeans pockets they have no choice but to do what they ask.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT