ADVERTISEMENT

Tiger takes the lead by being down one shot!

Noledog92

Ultimate Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Mar 29, 2002
FSU’s own Brooks Koepka is Leading the masters but all we see is the second greatest golfer of all time on the highlights. Man, I hope Brooks brings it home!

BTW I get it, Tiger brings in more viewers than anyone.

I just want Brooks, a Nole, to win, and Jack, a Nole, to maintain the all time greatest title.

Tiger can finish second all day long as far as I’m concerned.

Top 7 stories on ESPN golf page have Tiger in the headlines.
6 of them are exclusively about him.

Reactions: Noledog92
BTW I get it, Tiger brings in more viewers than anyone.

I just want Brooks, a Nole, to win, and Jack, a Nole, to maintain the all time greatest title.

Tiger can finish second all day long as far as I’m concerned.
Jack went to Ohio State, but go ahead and roll with it. Maybe if he was a Nole, he could have just gifted fees to redo Seminole Golf course, just sayin

Last edited:
Reactions: rion1
FSU’s own Brooks Koepka is Leading the masters but all we see is the second greatest golfer of all time on the highlights. Man, I hope Brooks brings it home!
Man I feel you but I want tiger to win this thing, if anybody other then tiger wins I want it to be brooks. Love the guy but tiger was always my guy growing up. I fortunately have tiger, brooks, and Jason Day in a 3 man parley

Jack went to Ohio State, but go ahead and roll with it. Maybe if he was a Nole, he could have just gifted fees to redo Seminole Golf course, just sayin
Ummmmm. Where to begin......google the photo of Jack in Nole garb after the natty game. He’s waaaay more a Nole than tiger. Also, why doesn’t President Thrasher waive his salary if he’s such a Nole? (Sarcasm intended)

Always.....always pull for a Nole over anyone.

Beat me to it. I'm actually pulling for Tiger over BK, if BK wins that would be awesome, but for golf fans as a whole Tiger winning would be HUGE!
Who gives a crap? Seriously, picking “golf” over a fellow Nole.....pass the koolaid

Ummmmm. Where to begin......google the photo of Jack in Nole garb after the natty game. He’s waaaay more a Nole than tiger. Also, why doesn’t President Thrasher waive his salary if he’s such a Nole? (Sarcasm intended)

There are plenty that need to stay behind the curtain. We are not unblemished.

Ummmm in Nole gear at the natty game by his grandson played at FSU, but that doesn’t make him a Nole. You want to claim him go ahead, but he went to Ohio State, and got an honorary degree from Ohio State.

Ummmm in Nole gear at the natty game by his grandson played at FSU, but that doesn’t make him a Nole. You want to claim him go ahead, but he went to Ohio State, and got an honorary degree from Ohio State.
You must not have kids or grandkids in college. I become a fan of their colleges, especially if they’re playing a sport there.

The only exception is if they went to uf. Lol. Even then I told them I’d wear a blue shirt to events!

Lucky for me, I have one on scholarship at FSU!

Agree to disagree good sir!

Didn’t his grandson or some other relative go to FSU though? I thought I heard an announcer talking about that during one of our football games, but could be mistaken.

Didn’t his grandson or some other relative go to FSU though? I thought I heard an announcer talking about that during one of our football games, but could be mistaken.
His grandson is Nick O Leary. Jack became and is a huge Nole!

Jack actually had a son named Steve who was a wide receiver at FSU a decade or two back, so Nick was not his first connection to FSU

Yes but I don't think Jack had much influence on his life. If I'm not mistaken, Nick wouldn't even wear one glove.

Jack actually had a son named Steve who was a wide receiver at FSU a decade or two back, so Nick was not his first connection to FSU

More like a decade or four. He was on the team from 81 thru 84. Time flies.

My beef with the Tiger coverage (and he does deserve the coverage when he is in contention such as this week) is it is just about Tiger and nothing but Tiger. You barely see headlines of who is actually leading and many news updates don't even mention who the leaders are. Poor journalism IMO.

More like a decade or four. He was on the team from 81 thru 84. Time flies.

My beef with the Tiger coverage (and he does deserve the coverage when he is in contention such as this week) is it is just about Tiger and nothing but Tiger. You barely see headlines of who is actually leading and many news updates don't even mention who the leaders are. Poor journalism IMO.
Exactly! That’s one of my points and the other is that we should rally around Noles whenever it makes sense. Picking “golf” over Koepka is just nuts to me. Golf was fine before tiger and will be fine after him. Is he the second greatest ever? Yes! Still pulling for a Nole over him!

Exactly! That’s one of my points and the other is that we should rally around Noles whenever it makes sense. Picking “golf” over Koepka is just nuts to me. Golf was fine before tiger and will be fine after him. Is he the second greatest ever? Yes! Still pulling for a Nole over him!
Tiger!!!
Tiger!!!
Tiger!!!!!!!!

BK can take second behind Tiger.

Reactions: LandsharkNole
I love BK because he’s a Nole. But until he develops any sliver of a personality he will never be a marketable “star” on the tour. Just one of the best players.

I love BK because he’s a Nole. But until he develops any sliver of a personality he will never be a marketable “star” on the tour. Just one of the best players.
Yeah, because Tiger is so effusive! Lol. You all have such a crush on tiger it’s unreal.

That is just who he is. Great golf game, but no charisma!
He has double digit Major wins potential, but so does Rory, DJ and maybe even Jordan or Jason
Maybe none of them will do it, but I wouldn’t bet against BK.

Reactions: LandsharkNole
You must not have kids or grandkids in college. I become a fan of their colleges, especially if they’re playing a sport there.

The only exception is if they went to uf. Lol. Even then I told them I’d wear a blue shirt to events!

Lucky for me, I have one on scholarship at FSU!

Agree to disagree good sir!
I’m not debating that he cheered for FSU and that he is linked the FSU through his grandson, but that doesn’t make a die hard, full blooded Nole. Is he a booster? That might be a little more reason to consider him a Nole. A casual fan who cheered for FSU while his grandson played at FSU, doesn’t count in my book as a Nole, in my book it takes a little more to be a True Nole.

I understand you may cheer for your kids or grandkids schools, but do you hold the same allegiance as you do to FSU, would you be on their Rivals site message board?

So, yeah we can agree to disagree, be outside of supporting his grandsons team for a few years, I’m not aware that Jack Nicklaus has ever shown noteworthy support for FSU

I really have never understood the love affair so many folks have for TW. Granted when his own his game none have ever done it better, but he is one of the most pompous arrogant rude people who have ever played the game. I have a family member whose job with the PGA brings her in weekly contact with all the PGA players. She and others I have met through her with the PGA have nothing flattering to say about him. Yesterday when the security guy slipped and lightly grazed him one would have thought a mack truck had run into him the way the limp and hobbled around until it was time to hit the ball again. Never saw the limp afterward.

I will say if he attitude when he first came on tour was like it is today I might could stand him a little better. Or perhaps if the announcers did not act they would lick the sweat off his balls it might not be so intolerable to watch him. Other players nice shots become astonishing shots if TW hits the same shot. Still can't believe the number of you who would like to see him win this over a Nole.

Reactions: Nolerball
I would be really curious to know the top 10 and bottom 10 most likable players
from people such as your friend (people who deal with them behind the scenes away
from the cameras).

I’m not debating that he cheered for FSU and that he is linked the FSU through his grandson, but that doesn’t make a die hard, full blooded Nole. Is he a booster? That might be a little more reason to consider him a Nole. A casual fan who cheered for FSU while his grandson played at FSU, doesn’t count in my book as a Nole, in my book it takes a little more to be a True Nole.

I understand you may cheer for your kids or grandkids schools, but do you hold the same allegiance as you do to FSU, would you be on their Rivals site message board?

So, yeah we can agree to disagree, be outside of supporting his grandsons team for a few years, I’m not aware that Jack Nicklaus has ever shown noteworthy support for FSU
One son and five grandchildren have attended FSU. His company recently redesigned the FSU golf course now under construction.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT