ADVERTISEMENT

Vaccine mandates for student athletes

Sure. But addiction is still a bonafide medical issue. It is FAR different from someone not taking a safe vaccine. And for those who say not enough study has been done I say that’s BS.

mRNA vaccines have been a work in progress for a decade due to SARS. There are at least 40,000 people who have had one in their body for about 12 months. Hundreds of millions of mRNA vaccines have been given in the USA and Europe. They are safe. We have people who are making this a political issue (FREEDUMB!!!) or they just don’t think it’s necessary. They are the same people who complain about a lack of normalcy but they don’t do the things to make life normal.

I’ve come to the point where I don’t give a flying flip about any of them. If they all died we’d be better off. Seriously.
You started with an intelligent point to debate then fell into the same senseless nonsense hole so many people do when trying to have a real discussion about the issue.

First off MRNA's are new. They have only been used in experimental purposes until recently.

As for the research data 12 months is a very short window to try to prove any long term effects. There have been many fully approved medicines which have had their approvals withdrawn many years later. In many cases these medications are removed as they are discovered to increase the chances of death.

This does not imply that these vaccines will fall into the same category however you can not seriously defend the long term safely on a new vaccine based on 12 months worth of data.

Unfortunately you sit here calling out everyone else as uninformed on the subject however you are the one who does not wish to have an intelligent discussion.

Media? There are portals where this information is easily attainable. Care to try and answer the question again?
And you're using media search engines to find that information. I've never trusted the media and believe very little they say. The media spreads lies way to much. When they give me free health care that covers all illnesses then I'll take covid vaccine.

Interesting. Why has the hospitalization number grown 5x in the last month? More people breaking arms?
No. The cases are going up because more people are being infected. This is why more people in the hospital are testing positive. This does not mean more people are in the hospital because of or are being treated for Covid.

Last edited:
Reactions: Adamnole0514
Florida reported 140 Covid deaths yesterday.
that is a projection by IMHE that worldometer sucks into its data charts. Florida now only reports once per week and that report has not been issued yet.

Not so much. Here is a stat. Florida reported 140 Covid deaths yesterday. Florida averages 6.58 deaths from auto accidents per day. Make you feel better?
How do you know that they did not report the figures for yesterday?

Covid deaths are still tiered by age. Unless you are elderly or have multiple conditions then you were still much less likely to died as a result of Covid than being in an auto

That's nothing but fear tactics created by the media and elites to get us to argue with each other. Vaccinated or not you still can contract and pass on the covid 19. That a scientific fact. So why bring up people not wanting to be Vaccinated? You're Vaccinated right? And you too can still infect someone.
The scientific fact is that vaccinated people are less likely to contract the virus, less likely to spread the virus, less likely to get sick from the virus, and less likely to die from the virus. By a significant percentage. Claiming the vaccine is killing thousands of people based off of internet gossip is fear tactics. I have no idea where you get your information from, but when you use phrases like "the media" and "elites" you sound like a conspiracy theorist. You are clearly choosing to believe SOMEBODY, so I'm curious what standards you use to deem your sources the arbiters of truth?

that is a projection by IMHE that worldometer sucks into its data charts. Florida now only reports once per week and that report has not been issued yet.
Fair enough. Last week Florida averaged 58 Covid deaths per day. Hopefully this week trends down.

Reactions: GbrNole
And you're using media search engines to find that information. I've never trusted the media and believe very little they say. The media spreads lies way to much. When they give me free health care that covers all illnesses then I'll take covid vaccine.
I think the media is corrupt and biased. Facts are easy to come by.

This is a dangerous precedent that is being set here. People need to look at the bigger picture much bigger than Covid. As someone who has spent time in Berlin this eerily resembles much of what was occurring in the DDR.

The idea that the government has such control over every aspect of your life and controls where you can and can not go or do is dangerous. There is nothing wrong with this when you agree with the government however once they have the president to preside over society it becomes very different once they decide to impose a belief different than yours. Everyone is happy when they are forced to do what they want wait till you are on the other side.

That is why what is happening today is so much bigger than Covid and we all need to see this regardless which side of the Covid debate you fall on.
Required vaccinations for college students and the military have been around for a while. This is not new.

Reactions: WLaw
No. The cases are going up because more people are being infected. This is why more people in the hospital are testing positive. This does not mean more people are in the hospital because of or are being treated for Covid.
Infection are way up. Hospitalizations are way up. But they have nothing to do with each other? Oy vey!

Reactions: chumleynole
How are they doing that? If someone is vaccinated from effects of the virus how are they in any way prevented from going out and doing what they want to?
The virus is still impacting millions of people who CAN"T get vaccinated. My under 12 kids for example. People who have reactions to vaccines in general. The unvaccinated are impacting the healthcare system in numbers as great or greater in some cases since the early days of it due to the Delta variant, which is now proving to be more resistant to the vaccines than previous mutations. The restrictions in place are a result of these actions, not just some arbitrary government control grab. Not sure who would possibly benefit from destroying the entire economy of multiple nations and millions of lives. It's not like there's only one segment of the population or one political party being impacted by this. We're all pissed off that we can't live normal lives.

Reactions: chumleynole
The scientific fact is that vaccinated people are less likely to contract the virus, less likely to spread the virus, less likely to get sick from the virus, and less likely to die from the virus. By a significant percentage. Claiming the vaccine is killing thousands of people based off of internet gossip is fear tactics. I have no idea where you get your information from, but when you use phrases like "the media" and "elites" you sound like a conspiracy theorist. You are clearly choosing to believe SOMEBODY, so I'm curious what standards you use to deem your sources the arbiters of truth?
I agree many are going too far with conspiracy theories however there is plenty of facts and data to work with for one to reasonably decide not to get vaccinated.

To your first point. Yes a vaccinated individual is much less likely to become seriously ill or die from the vaccine. Many are saying 95-99% less likely. The important consideration here is what is the starting point before you consider the benefits of the vaccine. If you're chances of becoming seriously ill or dying from Covid are in the 0.2-0.01% then where does reducing that an additional 95-99% really become a factor.

I have never claimed the vaccine has been killing thousands of people however there are many reports of individuals having some complications from it. If your chances of severe illness or death started at a 0.01-0.2% this is a consideration as to whether there is a benefit to take the vaccine.

Additionally while I am certainly not claiming there will be any long term complications we simply do not know it to be the case so there is a very strong case for one to consider not taking the vaccine if they fall in the demographic the majority of the country does and do not face a high risk of danger from the virus.

Fair enough. Last week Florida averaged 58 Covid deaths per day. Hopefully this week trends down.
hopefully but probably not unfortunately. that was up from ~37 avg the prior week.

Infection are way up. Hospitalizations are way up. But they have nothing to do with each other? Oy vey!
Actually hospitalizations are not way up. I have many close friends who work in the local hospitals who I have spoken to regarding this. The number of people in the hospitals with confirmed positive covid tests are way up. Whish is to say a higher percentage of the patients there have covid not that there is a large surge in patients or patients needing hospital care due to covid.

There has been an increase in patients visiting the hospitals out of an abundance of caution due to the amount of coverage on the delta variant. The majority of these do not require medical treatment in the hospitals and are quickly released.

Last edited:
Darwinism, some people can be book smart and life stupid.
My sister is an anti- Vaccine Koolaid drinker. She came back from partying in Sanannah last week, was diagnosed with COvID last Friday, has double pneumonia/hospitalized and on oxygen today
Sis was upset when I told her "don't die, dumbass", and asked her to tell the rest of her conspiracy weirdos to get the vaccine and use her as an example.

95% + of hospitalizations and deaths right now are amongst the un-vaccinated. Don't overthink this, stop going down the rabbit trails of BS promulgated by our enemies to keep COVID aflame in the US by undermining vaccine safety. Get it done and we all move on

You started with an intelligent point to debate then fell into the same senseless nonsense hole so many people do when trying to have a real discussion about the issue.

First off MRNA's are new. They have only been used in experimental purposes until recently.

As for the research data 12 months is a very short window to try to prove any long term effects. There have been many fully approved medicines which have had their approvals withdrawn many years later. In many cases these medications are removed as they are discovered to increase the chances of death.

This does not imply that these vaccines will fall into the same category however you can not seriously defend the long term safely on a new vaccine based on 12 months worth of data.

Unfortunately you sit here calling out everyone else as uninformed on the subject however you are the one who does not wish to have an intelligent discussion.
No. I’m validating when others make fair points. You, however, are intractable in the face of the millions of shots given.

Vaccine research is centuries old. That is a fact.

mRNA vaccine study started about a decade before Covid. The idea isn’t new and That is a fact.

Hundreds of millions of doses, close to a billion, have been given. That is a fact.

Serious side effects after over a year of study are infinitesimal. That is a fact.

I’m tired of dealing with people who won’t even acknowledge the above. How long do you want? 5 years? 10 years? I bet you’ll be saying the same thing then. Not enough info blah blah blah.

Reactions: Dhersh and ChiefWB
I agree many are going too far with conspiracy theories however there is plenty of facts and data to work with for one to reasonably decide not to get vaccinated.

To your first point. Yes a vaccinated individual is much less likely to become seriously ill or die from the vaccine. Many are saying 95-99% less likely. The important consideration here is what is the starting point before you consider the benefits of the vaccine. If you're chances of becoming seriously ill or dying from Covid are in the 0.2-0.01% then where does reducing that an additional 95-99% really become a factor.

I have never claimed the vaccine has been killing thousands of people however there are many reports of individuals having some complications from it. If your chances of severe illness or death started at a 0.01-0.2% this is a consideration as to whether there is a benefit to take the vaccine.

Additionally while I am certainly not claiming there will be any long term complications we simply do not know it to be the case so there is a very strong case for one to consider not taking the vaccine if they fall in the demographic the majority of the country does and do not face a high risk of danger from the virus.
Just for some added data; studies have been all over the place for long haulers, but it does look like it is under 2% from symptomatic at 57 days.

Hospitalization rates are 2 times the baseline rate (18-29 year olds) for 30-49 year olds, 4 times for 50-64 year olds; 6 times for 65-74, 8 times for 75-84 and 12 times for 85 and up.

Death is 4 times base for 30-39, 10 times for 40-49, 35 times for 50-64, 95 times 65-74, 230 times 75-84 and 600 times for 85 and up.

The death rate ratchets up intensely. Under 18 the numbers on hospitalization and deaths are so small as to be irrelevant. Recently a John Hopkins doctor looked at deaths in the 12 and under ages, and found 0 of healthy kids died.

Last edited:
Vaccine research is centuries old. That is a fact. - I'm not sure how this is relevant as a fact? padding?

mRNA vaccine study started about a decade before Covid. The idea isn’t new and That is a fact. - You should probably also point out that mRNA has never been used outside of clinical trials until the US public began rolling up their sleeves in December 2020. mRNA was causing significant side effects in the prior non-COVID trials.

Hundreds of millions of doses, close to a billion, have been given. That is a fact. - And precisely zero people know what the long term effects of that will be. Also absent the state of emergency it brings to question whether mRNA would be allowed period. It has never been approved for use in the past decade of research even after the US military sinking a ton of cash into it.

Serious side effects after over a year of study are infinitesimal. That is a fact. - The study is completely irrelevant as both Moderna and Pfizer tanked it by unmasking the placebo control group and offering them the drug.

I’m tired of dealing with people who won’t even acknowledge the above. How long do you want? 5 years? 10 years? I bet you’ll be saying the same thing then. Not enough info blah blah blah.
i just want to be clear here that i'm not anti-vax and i'm very encouraged by some of the recent research including a possible nasal spray type vaccine. I also particularly enjoyed the news of the study of flu vaccines providing protection against COVID that @ChiefWB linked recently.

Where I get stuck between a rock and a hard place is that i have more questions than answers about the mRNA drugs and the alternatives have been vilified.

i just want to be clear here that i'm not anti-vax and i'm very encouraged by some of the recent research including a possible nasal spray type vaccine. I also particularly enjoyed the news of the study of flu vaccines providing protection against COVID that @ChiefWB linked recently.

Where I get stuck between a rock and a hard place is that i have more questions than answers about the mRNA drugs and the alternatives have been vilified.
Vaccines has been causing vaccine injuries since they were invented a couple of hundred years ago. mRNA vaccines will be no different. In every adult age group the risk of hospitalization/death from Covid is much higher than the risk from vaccination. Beyond this, not much is really relevant other than the minutely small risk among the under 40 and healthy crowd from a Covid infection leading to hospitalization/death. Personally, I don't care who gets vaccinated since I am. But, there has been so much propaganda and politics around it, that emotions rule the day.

Best of luck to you and yours. Stay safe.

No. I’m validating when others make fair points. You, however, are intractable in the face of the millions of shots given.

Vaccine research is centuries old. That is a fact.

mRNA vaccine study started about a decade before Covid. The idea isn’t new and That is a fact.

Hundreds of millions of doses, close to a billion, have been given. That is a fact.

Serious side effects after over a year of study are infinitesimal. That is a fact.

Mrna research has been in the works for years and there has never been an FDA approved Mrna.

Millions of people have received the shot in a very short period of time. There have been many drugs which received full approval under the normal approval standards which have been found to lead to an increased cause of death and had their approvals withdrawn. 9 months of vaccines being administered does not provide us with any real insight as to the long term safety of the vaccine. Especially given the extremely limited risk the virus poses to the vast majority of people.

The fact still remains it effects very few people, we do not know what the long term effects are, and the vaccinated are not endangered by the unvaccinated. All these are facts.

Yes they have found vaccines mandates enforceable however this is a completely new take on enforcement. The idea of "forced vaccinations" is very much up for debate and will likely have to be addressed. The government can not tie you to a chair and vaccinate you per se however they do have quite a bit of leeway in what can be imposed via a vaccine mandate. Historically the application of these powers is what has defined our freedom and separated us from other more authoritarian regimes.

We are seeing a strong shift now which socially moves towards the regimes of the USSR and the DDR. We are seeing the freedom of domestic movement and the freedom of our right to make a living being decided on at a government level. The extremely small percentage of the population which is vulnerable to this virus as evidenced by the fatality figures is even more alarming. They are wishing to impose this will and impact every facet of our life over something which impacted such a small group and is largely no longer a threat to that population now that they have chosen to get vaccinated.

The point here is that allowing this infringement of our personal everyday lives by the government will only lead to further reaching actions in the future. We have already allowed for essentially unsupervised monitoring of the government into our lives. A very small portion of that ability was uncovered by Snowden. We are now at a point in society where the government does not need anyone to turn on us for information as they can directly access every facet of our lives on their own. If we allow then the authority to decide who can go where and does what then we may wake up one day in a modern day DDR.
So are you or are you not supporting the actions of one Edward Snowden? Whom I and many others identify as a traitor to the USA. How about Aldritch Ames or Benedict Arnold or Julian Assange then?

So are you or are you not supporting the actions of one Edward Snowden? Whom I and many others identify as a traitor to the USA. How about Aldritch Ames or Benedict Arnold or Julian Assange then?
This has nothing to do with Snowden or the acts he committed. We have this information he released and we are discussing what is it shows the government has been doing in terms of spying on it's citizens.

This has nothing to do with Snowden or the acts he committed. We have this information he released and we are discussing what is it shows the government has been doing in terms of spying on it's citizens.
Hey you're the one who brought up his name not me. But I'll bring up another named Chelsea Manning. But I'll guess she'll fall into the It's just different category

You're more likely to be asymptomatic and less likely to die and more likely to just have common symptoms without hospitalization. I had it already and was asymptomatic, so I'll trust my immune system over a man made vaccine. People who get symptoms or are elderly need the vaccine not college athletes. Stop fear mongering people to people. Pro choice.

Reactions: FSU1096
Vaccine or loose scholarship. That is there choice. Staff and school has no right to sacrifice others for ignorance of a few.
I wonder how that would work out if the entire team decided on game day to boycott it? I bet you that rule would be out the door quick

You're more likely to be asymptomatic and less likely to die and more likely to just have common symptoms without hospitalization. I had it already and was asymptomatic, so I'll trust my immune system over a man made vaccine. People who get symptoms or are elderly need the vaccine not college athletes. Stop fear mongering people to people. Pro choice.
Are there any other vaccines than a “man made” vaccine? Oh….if people get symptoms, it may be too late to get the vaccine…they won’t know if they‘re vulnerable until they’re infected…I thought both merited mention.

Not sure where you live……. But in FL we can leave our house and go about our business as normal with no vax or vax card. So it wont become the norm in FL or any other state that has people with common sense running it. I already recovered from covid, so I should have enough long term immunity, and should only have about a 20% chance of catching it again…. Thats the same percentage as the vax. Funny to see how many on here are bad mouthing people when they really really have know knowledge on why people choose against it.
I agree with everything you say. I'll add if for some reason the government mandates this vaccination I've already planned for this in 2020 by paying off my doctor, that's against the vaccine too, to just write it up as if I took it. I will never ever physically take that vaccine, but will have legal documentation showing it was administered to me.

Reactions: misswebbsilverchief
I agree with everything you say. I'll add if for some reason the government mandates this vaccination I've already planned for this in 2020 by paying off my doctor, that's against the vaccine too, to just write it up as if I took it. I will never ever physically take that vaccine, but will have legal documentation showing it was administered to me.
Your primary care physician will/has ”doctor(ed)” your medical records? You might want to keep his/her name to yourself…you never know who might be lurking.

Unless it does not apply to the rights of women.

Reactions: FSU1096
Your primary care physician will/has ”doctor(ed)” your medical records? You might want to keep his/her name to yourself…you never know who might be lurking.
I'm no fool. My name is 1GiantKing on here. I speak freely on all social media platforms. And we've already talked in private about it me and the doctors. I'm just glad my family doesn't have to take any forced risky rushed vaccines in the case of it being mandatory. Lucky I own my business so I don't have to worry about an institution forcing me by giving me a choice of being fired or vaccinated.

It is different from getting a measles shot I there is no long term data as to the impact of taking the vaccine. This was approved crossing a much lower threshold of proof for approval.

Additionally the measles can and will effect anyone across all age demographics. Covid has proven to only attack the elderly and those with existing conditions. The number of deaths among the non elderly falls in line with similar fatality rates with everyday activities society deems safe.

Leaving this as a choice allows for those who are vulnerable to become vaccinated and be safe while allowing those who are not vulnerable to make a health decision as whether or not to take this vaccine which lacks any long term data to protect from a virus which poses no threat to them.

As for discussing spreading the virus, essentially 99% if the patients hospitalized for Covid are unvaccinated proving that those who choose to get the vaccine are not put at risk by those who are not vaccinated.

This becomes a choice like eating fattening foods and becoming overweight then. Anyone who chooses to eat poorly and allow themselves to become overweight is making a conseous decision to continue with that lifestyle weighing the risk they may become seriously ill.
You are a very reasonable person, unfortunatley the very reasonable points you make are not being repeated or embraced by our leaders or the media.

Health care workers are getting burned out big time. Time to do the right thing for the USA.
I am an unvaccinated health care worker…..No one is anymore burned out now then they have been for the last twenty years. Its business as usual. And I work in one of the busiest ERs in Florida. So there’s that.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT