ADVERTISEMENT

Vaccine mandates for student athletes

Hawaii is a state. As a state it must allow all citizens access to that state. They are not permitted to close their borders to any US citizen. I’d say it certainly is a violation of your rights. It could be against the 4th amendment if unreasonable search without a warrant.
I am not sure a state is required to allow free access to citizens of other states in emergency situations. However requiring a vaccination to enter is not closing the borders. Did further research and I was correct. In court cases upheld by the Supreme Court states can close its borders to citizens of other states using their emergency powers.

Reactions: 9396Nole and Dhersh
Hawaii is a state. As a state it must allow all citizens access to that state. They are not permitted to close their borders to any US citizen. I’d say it certainly is a violation of your rights. It could be against the 4th amendment if unreasonable search without a warrant.
So try to go and then file a lawsuit. Let me know how that works out for you.

So try to go and then file a lawsuit. Let me know how that works out for you.
Yeah but flmom make sure you wear a mask because they are still required for interstate travel. And they may require vaccines for interstate travel soon as well so you better try to go quick!

Wow. Show me your papers. Why is that not scary to people?
Why is it scary? You have to show ID all over this county. You have to show your passport in other countries. If I got on a train in Europe they asked to see my passport. We have to show IDs to vote now. Parents have to show vaccination records for kids to go to school. I had to provide ID and other information about myself to volunteer at my church because I'll be helping with the children's ministry.

Yeah but flmom make sure you wear a mask because they are still required for interstate travel. And they may require vaccines for interstate travel soon as well so you better try to go quick!
I won’t be traveling to Hawaii because I am unable to fly. I cannot wear a mask for even 20 minutes, let alone for hours.

I won’t be traveling to Hawaii because I am unable to fly. I cannot wear a mask for even 20 minutes, let alone for hours.
You wouldn't like my job then.

I will agree flying with a mask on isn't fun. I went to Hawaii and I can't sleep with a mask on so that flight was very very long especially when the TV at your seat isn't working.
I can't sleep in anything that is moving in the first place - plane, car, etc. doesn't matter haha

Is their a way to opt out of the mandate, like for religious exemptions or those unable to be vaccinated? As an example, I have a cousin that has extreme allergies. She was unable to get vaccinations at all. She had so many allergies that were life threatening. The doctors were afraid to even prescribe antibiotics when she was ill for fear of an anaphylactic reaction. When she started school my aunt went in to talk with the teacher to let her know how severe this is. She asked her to please let her know if a child brought treats for a birthday and that she would gladly bring a treat for my cousin when that occurred. Well I guess this teacher didn’t believe the situation was as bad as she was told. Treats came in. No call was made and my cousin was given one. She reacted immediately and my aunt had to rush to the school. There was my cousin covered in hives from a single bite. She started getting hives as soon as she took a bite. They never did that again. Now how would schools deal with people like this? My cousin has had no vaccinations because of the risk to her life.
Oh my............that is reactive allergies to the max. But, yes, doctors note or in some states religious objection.

I believe the crowd pushing the idea of mutation due to the vaccine is the same crowd pushing all kinds of conspiracy and other such misinformation. I do not really think the scientific or legitimate health care community agree with that scenario. Someone posted a video of a Dr. making this claim. Interestingly 96 percent of all physicians are vaccinated. There have always been people making wild assertions. We used to call them quacks. Unfortunately today everyone gets a pulpit to preach from. Even when what they preaching is nonsense.
sure. Doesn’t mean he’s wrong. I’d be more open to the vaccine if developers didn’t have immunity from suit, and if the CDC/Fauci and others didn’t play politics with covid. But they did.

sure. Doesn’t mean he’s wrong. I’d be more open to the vaccine if developers didn’t have immunity from suit, and if the CDC/Fauci and others didn’t play politics with covid. But they did.
It kind of does mean his wrong. He has a million to 1 shot I suppose. Probably not that high. Why would anyone choose to believe in him with those kind of odds. As far as Fauci is concerned those that complain about him are just grasping at straws to justify their point of view.

It kind of does mean his wrong. He has a million to 1 shot I suppose. Probably not that high. Why would anyone choose to believe in him with those kind of odds. As far as Fauci is concerned those that complain about him are just grasping at straws to justify their point of view.
Even better, it makes him wrong when scientists and countries all over the globe call him out and say he is wrong.

Why is it scary? You have to show ID all over this county. You have to show your passport in other countries. If I got on a train in Europe they asked to see my passport. We have to show IDs to vote now. Parents have to show vaccination records for kids to go to school. I had to provide ID and other information about myself to volunteer at my church because I'll be helping with the children's ministry.
ID is different than health information. Also we are talking this country, not Europe. This is a slippery slope.

No. You can't opt out unless you are broke as ****. That's it. My cousin is the same way. They have ways to administer vaccines to people who may have an allergic reaction.

Please stop acting like everything about the vaccine is a big deal. It's not.
Was you cousin treated for illness by using whisky and honey for congestion because antibiotics were too dangerous? The doctors decided it was too risky and would only try antibiotics if the illness was extremely serious. They basically saved them in order to not expose her to them and risk a build up of allergic reaction. Did you cousin lose weight to the point of shoes suddenly being too large?

Was you cousin treated for illness by using whisky and honey for congestion because antibiotics were too dangerous? The doctors decided it was too risky and would only try antibiotics if the illness was extremely serious. They basically saved them in order to not expose her to them and risk a build up of allergic reaction. Did you cousin lose weight to the point of shoes suddenly being too large?
My cousin lived a very sheltered childhood and was closely monitored. I felt really sorry for him. There were scares but he was never on the brink of death or anything, though it easily could have gone there if action wasn't taken. Medications, including antibiotics need to be closely looked at before they know it is safe for him to take.

Dissent in the scientific community you call conspiracy theorists or whack jobs. doctors who got the jabs and had serious side effects are still in the “96%” statistic, but they’re not happy about it. Fauci is an easy target because he’s wrong very often.
A few Fauci snippets: Covid is unlikely to pose a serious threat to the United States. Masks are ineffective. Masks are effective. Vaccines allow you to go back to normal. Mask even with vaccine. Wear two masks. I’m just an expert, not an economist.
Is Fauci grasping at straws in desperate attempt to cling to whatever power he still wields?

Reactions: Deerfuel2
Dissent in the scientific community you call conspiracy theorists or whack jobs. doctors who got the jabs and had serious side effects are still in the “96%” statistic, but they’re not happy about it. Fauci is an easy target because he’s wrong very often.
A few Fauci snippets: Covid is unlikely to pose a serious threat to the United States. Masks are ineffective. Masks are effective. Vaccines allow you to go back to normal. Mask even with vaccine. Wear two masks. I’m just an expert, not an economist.
Is Fauci grasping at straws in desperate attempt to cling to whatever power he still wields?
There are nearly 1 million physicians in the United States. In the area of 950,000 got vaccinated. Out of that number I am sure a few had issues. Showing one doc out of a million does not constitute any sort of evidence. Especially when he is in such a minority. Talking about Fauci is also not any kind of evidence. Politicians call it pivoting. It is a deflection because there is no data or evidence to support your argument so you complain about Fauci. I do not watch TV much. I did not get the facts from television, friends or social media to form my opinion on the vaccine. I researched them. Find some studies or show evidence where there are huge numbers of breakthrough cases. The vaccines are safe and effective I am open to information otherwise but you have presented none.

Reactions: WLaw
There are nearly 1 million physicians in the United States. In the area of 950,000 got vaccinated. Out of that number I am sure a few had issues. Showing one doc out of a million does not constitute any sort of evidence. Especially when he is in such a minority. Talking about Fauci is also not any kind of evidence. Politicians call it pivoting. It is a deflection because there is no data or evidence to support your argument so you complain about Fauci. I do not watch TV much. I did not get the facts from television, friends or social media to form my opinion on the vaccine. I researched them. Find some studies or show evidence where there are huge numbers of breakthrough cases. The vaccines are safe and effective I am open to information otherwise but you have presented none.
Right. There’s no real data about vaccine side effects in that 1,000,000.

And to be clear, covid is not a very dangerous illness to those under the age of 60. I’m confident I’d survive if I get it, as everyone I know has done. 99.9% survival rate for the non vulnerable

That is how all of these things are done. Not being a smart-aleck but did you ever take a stats class in college. A statistician probably set up the survey and told them how many they had to survey. There is also probably a margin for error in the survey as well.

Reactions: Buck-I-Nole
Define "dangerous".
It is the most dangerous virus since the eradication of polio. Worse then the Spanish Flu. Numbers are lower but in the era of the Spanish Flu antibiotics were not yet invented. I know 3 people that died. In all my life I have never had a friend or family member die of the flu and I am 61. I know of another 3 people that have become disabled due to this virus. I cannot imagine it being thought to be not dangerous.

1 in 1,000 deaths per event seems pretty dangerous. Not odds I’d mess with if I had options to mitigate the risk.
Odds much higher, especially for under 50 and no underlying issues. But we all know that.

You’re the one who says 99.9% chance of surviving COVID if under 50. Just putting that into context.
99.999%? I like those odds. Likely gets better when you consider 96,000+ of the 600,000 total "covid deaths" involve those with diabetes as a contributing cause, another 12,000+ involve intentional/unintentional injuries, poisonings, etc. (should those even be considered "covid deaths"?) Another 21,000+ involve alzheimers, another 58,000 involve dimentia, another 25,000 involve obesity. I don't have any of those issues. And I'm not over 70.

99.999%? I like those odds. Likely gets better when you consider 96,000+ of the 600,000 total "covid deaths" involve those with diabetes as a contributing cause, another 12,000+ involve intentional/unintentional injuries, poisonings, etc. (should those even be considered "covid deaths"?) Another 21,000+ involve alzheimers, another 58,000 involve dimentia, another 25,000 involve obesity. I don't have any of those issues. And I'm not over 70.
Can you please provide a link to this data? Would love to take a look at it for myself. Thanks.

Reactions: SteveT1
Can you please provide a link to this data? Would love to take a look at it for myself. Thanks.
CDC website. Googled death rate under 50. First cdc link, then scroll down
Table 3

Reactions: ChiefWB
That is how all of these things are done. Not being a smart-aleck but did you ever take a stats class in college. A statistician probably set up the survey and told them how many they had to survey. There is also probably a margin for error in the survey as well.
It’s a rationale except another study by the AAPS that involved 711 doctors returned a substantially different response with only 42% acknowledging that they are fully vaccinated.

It’s a rationale except another study by the AAPS that involved 711 doctors returned a substantially different response with only 42% acknowledging that they are fully vaccinated.
This was not a survey. This was an internet poll. They got the result they were attempting to get. By posting the above you have shown your lack of objectivity. Please see below.

The Association of American Physicians and Surgeons is a conservative non-profit association that promotes medical disinformation, such as HIV/AIDS denialism, the abortion-breast cancer hypothesis, vaccine and autism connections, and homosexuality reducing life expectancy.

I will save you time and I will type your rebuttal. Just because they are crazy does not mean they are wrong.

Finally some real information in support of vaccine hesitancy. By the way this is interesting. Keep in mind that while 24 percent of this group is hesitant the large majority is not.
Crowd is often wrong

Crowd is often wrong
Personally would not describe the pro vaxers as the crowd. I would call them the rational group. The fact that 24 percent of the mostly highly educated people in this country agree with you is a branch for the irrational to hang on to. I do not expect to change your mind but I would hope people lurking and reading all these posts would be swayed by the logic of the ones promoting getting the vaccine and by most of the nonsensical posts from the other side.

Personally would not describe the pro vaxers as the crowd. I would call them the rational group. The fact that 24 percent of the mostly highly educated people in this country agree with you is a branch for the irrational to hang on to. I do not expect to change your mind but I would hope people lurking and reading all these posts would be swayed by the logic of the ones promoting getting the vaccine and by most of the nonsensical posts from the other side.
Your logic is calling others whack jobs or irrational. Once again, I am not anti vax for anyone but myself. I am against covid vaccine mandates.

This was not a survey. This was an internet poll. They got the result they were attempting to get. By posting the above you have shown your lack of objectivity. Please see below.

The Association of American Physicians and Surgeons is a conservative non-profit association that promotes medical disinformation, such as HIV/AIDS denialism, the abortion-breast cancer hypothesis, vaccine and autism connections, and homosexuality reducing life expectancy.

I will save you time and I will type your rebuttal. Just because they are crazy does not mean they are wrong.
the AMA had been historically conservative too with, at the time, the only significant departure from that being its support of the ACA. that is decidedly not the case any more. just to be clear here, you raised politics, i am simply responding.

the AMA only represents about 24% of physicians through its membership, it has been hemorrhaging members for years. if you want to deduce that their study represents 96% of its members i can happily go along with that.

the AMA had been historically conservative too with, at the time, the only significant departure from that being its support of the ACA. that is decidedly not the case any more. just to be clear here, you raised politics, i am simply responding.

the AMA only represents about 24% of physicians through its membership, it has been hemorrhaging members for years. if you want to deduce that their study represents 96% of its members i can happily go along with that.
Ok complain about the AMA. The AAPS intentionally spreads disinformation. Not a credible source. In fact if you read their material and put any stock in the info provided it is clear that you are not objective to the truth and only interested in reinforcing a false narrative. I will not discuss this point any further with you because someone who relies on this type of info or even reads it, let alone posts it, is not a rational person. There is nothing more frustrating then entering into a debate with someone who is irrational. I cannot debate someone to make things up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT