ADVERTISEMENT

WARCHANT Bourbon Thread

I just picked up 2 750's last week. The abc store here received 6 and i took 2 of them.
That's interesting. ABC where I live said the company pulled all of them and stopped selling in stores because people would resell them for double or triple online.

That's interesting. ABC where I live said the company pulled all of them and stopped selling in stores because people would resell them for double or triple online.
In VA it's controlled by the state, so the prices stay low, however, makes it extremely hard to find.

A lot of distilleries do the same with mashbills... It has to do with where/which rackhouse they are stored or located, which level rick in the rackhouse they are stored, as well as the mashbill.

For instance, Jim Beam only has two mashbills. Jim Beam & Old Grand Dad. Where the JB mashbill is stored & how long it’s stored designates which brand. JB mashbill makes Beam, Knob Creek, Baker’s, & Booker’s. Old Grand Dad mashbill makes OGD, OGD Bonded, OGD 114, get this...Basil Hayden. Yes, Basil Hayden is just older OGD stocks proofed down to 80 proof & stuck in a fancier bottle.

Also, Stagg Jr is just higher proofed Buffalo Trace. George T Stagg Antique Collection is just Buffalo Trace honey barrels aged longer. Eagle Rare is the same mash as both just aged lower in the rackhouse for at least 10 years.

I could go on & on... I still like Weller & Blanton’s though. ;)

The wife picked me up Basil Hayden the last week and wouldn't tell me where she got it, which tells me I may be getting Blanton's for Christmas. :) There is one store that has Blanton''s in the area and would be the only reason for all the secrecy. I wouldn't call BH special but it wasn't bad either. I would say it was good and a decent value at that price point in my non expert opinion.

Reactions: bucknole72
Many good bourbons mentioned here. Currently drinking Woodford Double Oaked. The age shows, very good. Would like to suggest High West Campfire, a blend of Buffalo Trace and an Isley (sp?) scotch. I know it sounds odd, but it is really amazing. Very smokey.

The wife picked me up Basil Hayden the last week and wouldn't tell me where she got it, which tells me I may be getting Blanton's for Christmas. :) There is one store that has Blanton''s in the area and would be the only reason for all the secrecy. I wouldn't call BH special but it wasn't bad either. I would say it was good and a decent value at that price point in my non expert opinion.

Easy drinker at 80 proof for sure. Hope Bourbon Santa is good to you. ;)

Reactions: bucknole72
BPdhIvl
Here is my weekend score

iKGSpac

Last edited:
Reactions: -OB1-
ABC in Florida is a private company. In most states ABC stands for the state Alcohol Beverage Control board. ABC in Florida has or had the exclusive rights to the Weller products and now have a vault for big spenders.

OK - getting toward relax time - help me out with selection for the evening - what do you suggest?

Woodford Double Oak - Whistle Pig Rye - Eagle Rare - Weller's - or $5 special (was Old Forester last week) …. Ideas?

OK - getting toward relax time - help me out with selection for the evening - what do you suggest?

Woodford Double Oak - Whistle Pig Rye - Eagle Rare - Weller's - or $5 special (was Old Forester last week) …. Ideas?
which weller?

FYI to those in Tally. Pappy should be hitting your Costco very soon if it hasn’t already. Be on the lookout. A liquor clerk at the one here in Jacksonville searched future deliveries for me. No luck here but Tallahassee and Clearwater were the closest getting some. Happy hunting.

FYI to those in Tally. Pappy should be hitting your Costco very soon if it hasn’t already. Be on the lookout. A liquor clerk at the one here in Jacksonville searched future deliveries for me. No luck here but Tallahassee and Clearwater were the closest getting some. Happy hunting.

They put out 6 bottles on Saturday and they are gone.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT