ADVERTISEMENT

WARCHANT Bourbon Thread

I'll restart - to we mortals without access to Pappy's ….
.. .take it

- neat or with a cube

- Blanton's or Wellers?
- Woodford or Makers?
- Old Forrester or Jefferson's?

- Ever acceptable to have a slice of lime with bourbon?

Why is bourbon better than other US whiskey? What about Yippee Ki Yay

Is Rye whiskey better than Canadian Whiskey or Tennessee Whiskey?

Crown Royal or Jack Daniels?

What goes best with a cigar ….

Please … anything but more waiting on Bob ….
New question. - best dark rum available???

The 1792 BiB is very nice which forced me to buy a second bottle.

OUqhojy.jpg

Coming in very late to the game but that is my collection... starting to put a dent into it with the shelter in place.
Nice collection. I have to try to get the Pappy's on lottery, because i'm not paying that crazy money for them. I've been trying to get my hands on some weller 12 for a minute too.

Nice collection. I have to try to get the Pappy's on lottery, because i'm not paying that crazy money for them. I've been trying to get my hands on some weller 12 for a minute too.
Yeah Pappy was all received through the ABC lottery a few years ago before crap went crazy. The Weller 12 were gathered over the past four to five years as I still have some older labeled 750 and 1.5L. I've used some to trade up but I don't like selling them and would rather trade straight up for bourbon.

Yeah Pappy was all received through the ABC lottery a few years ago before crap went crazy. The Weller 12 were gathered over the past four to five years as I still have some older labeled 750 and 1.5L. I've used some to trade up but I don't like selling them and would rather trade straight up for bourbon.
I'm the same way, i don't sell anything i have. I do trade as well to get things i want.

Reactions: FSU_Chris
4 Roses Single Barrel is always my go to. You will hear that from a lot of people and it was years before I got around to trying it and wondered why I waited so long. I see a lot of mostly empty 4 roses bottles in peoples pictures too if that means anything. :)
I've tried quite a few since I've been on here. I used to drink the lower tierd brands but I have to say that 1792 is my go too. I'm a big fan.

Reactions: fsubenfromva
I've tried quite a few since I've been on here. I used to drink the lower tierd brands but I have to say that 1792 is my go too. I'm a big fan.
I do enjoy 1792 as well. If you looked at the pic i posted i keep a few bottles on hand.

I keep failing at making bourbon shelf like you guys. The bottles keep getting empty on me. I need to either buy a lot more at the store or drink a lot less of what I buy. :Face with Tears of Joy
Had a healthy serving of Basil Hayden in a Pittsburgh Steeler whiskey glass on Monday, with two cubes. Perfect after golf refreshment - like kool aid - I could learn to like cold 80 proof top quality whiskey like that! The Steeler glass made it even sweeter.

Favorite bar in Lakeland?
Its changed alot over the last 15 years, for rhe better. Dont live there anymore but still go back. Revival, Federal Bar, Cob & Pen, the Loft. I'm not a big beer guy but they have the Brew Hub and Swan Brewing. Think there's a piano bar now called the Pink Piano. Several of the spots are right downtown (if that qualifies as a downtown).

Its changed alot over the last 15 years, for rhe better. Dont live there anymore but still go back. Revival, Federal Bar, Cob & Pen, the Loft. I'm not a big beer guy but they have the Brew Hub and Swan Brewing. Think there's a piano bar now called the Pink Piano. Several of the spots are right downtown (if that qualifies as a downtown).
Terrace? Loft? Tucker’s?

I do enjoy 1792 as well. If you looked at the pic i posted i keep a few bottles on hand.
Do you have any recommendations on others I might try that's the same quality & close to the same price range?

Do you have any recommendations on others I might try that's the same quality & close to the same price range?
Oh man there are several i enjoy in that $40 range. I like high west american prairie, michters small batch, and of course buffalo trace ($26.99).

Oh man there are several i enjoy in that $40 range. I like high west american prairie, michters small batch, and of course buffalo trace ($26.99).
Thanks...I'll pick up some if those. Tried Elijah Craig but didnt really care for it.

I would also throw in eagle rare as well. It's the same mashbill as buffalo trace, but aged 10 years instead of 8. It's a staple in my bar as well.
Oh yes...had that at a holiday party a couple of years ago. Very nice. Forgot about that one.

Thanks...I'll pick up some if those. Tried Elijah Craig but didnt really care for it.
Four Roses Single Barrel at the $40 price range is excellent.

If you want something on the sweeter end and don't mind going up to $50 then Woodford Double Oaked is great and easy to find.

Oh yes...had that at a holiday party a couple of years ago. Very nice. Forgot about that one.
Problem with Eagle Rare is it's almost always kept behind a counter now and is gone within a day. Same with Buffalo Trace, although if you show up on delivery day you can find it pretty easily.

Problem with Eagle Rare is it's almost always kept behind a counter now and is gone within a day. Same with Buffalo Trace, although if you show up on delivery day you can find it pretty easily.
Yes, i've had to get crafty with stalking out the abc site to know when it's available and then be there when it's open. Eagle rare usually hangs around longer for some reason.

Yes, i've had to get crafty with stalking out the abc site to know when it's available and then be there when it's open. Eagle rare usually hangs around longer for some reason.
My area they get in shipments in Tuesday and Thursday normally. I was going in around lunch and loaded up but at a certain point I was collecting to collect and so stopped.

Also if you can get Old Granddad 114 it is definitely a purchase. Probably the best you can find at that proof and price point.

Last time I stopped by they had it I didn't purchase. I have about 15 bottles that I'm going to make myself start drinking before I purchase more. Sent my buddy over a few hours later and it was gone.

ABC is really the only place I've seen it constantly. The mom & pop store I go to gets it in but its a limited quantity so its hit & miss. My store delivers & when I called them yesterday they said they cant keep either one on the shelf right now.

Four Roses Single Barrel at the $40 price range is excellent.

If you want something on the sweeter end and don't mind going up to $50 then Woodford Double Oaked is great and easy to find.
I've tried the regular four roses & Woodford & liked them both so I'm sure I would enjoy these. Thanks for the info.

Reactions: PopsNole
Some of you guys seem to have quite the stock. Do yall just pick up bottles here & there or special order? Just curious how it works.

Some of you guys seem to have quite the stock. Do yall just pick up bottles here & there or special order? Just curious how it works.
I just pick them up here and there as i can find them. Some of mine are lottery bottles too.

Not sure for other posters but there is a pretty big facebook bourbon market for it where people trade and purchase.

I can’t mail order here in my state legally. I just do a lot of browsing. The more you do, the more hard things to find you acquire. I walk out of a lot of stores with nothing.
I’ve done some purchasing on FB, but there’s less places to do it from now. FB cracked down in the secondary sites, so there’s smaller ones that pop up, then disappear, then pop back up somewhere else. It’s become a chore.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT