ADVERTISEMENT

West World..........spoilers.

It was an incredibly moving episode. I'm definitely intrigued even more as to what Ford's grand plan is. They're really building it up and I do hope it turns out to be something more than just getting out of the park to the "Real World".

Reactions: ericram
Great episode! Why did he just turn over MiB at the end, didn't seem like much of a case was made. "Mine will be worse"...what???

I hope not. Then that could be pretty much every character's plot twist, ad infinitum.
Yeah I hope not either. It would be like how True Blood jumped the shark. Every character somehow had a reveal that they were something out of the twilight zone, it got so bad that you were shocked when someone was just a normal dude.

Reactions: LesClaypool
Maybe they made a host of his dead wife that is programmed to hate him and blame him for her death.

I'm guessing that the torture will be his daughter making him leave Westworld and go back to the real world, where he clearly doesn't want to be: a place where he has to deal with everything he's done, what a bad father/husband he is, etc, and not get to play cowboys and indians any longer.

I watched it half distracted. I’m a little confused about MiB and the chip Ford gave him that the wifey found and shared with daughter. What was it and what did it prove??

I watched it half distracted. I’m a little confused about MiB and the chip Ford gave him that the wifey found and shared with daughter. What was it and what did it prove??
So...is MiB’s daughter really dead do we think? Why am I seemingly the only person distraught by this?

I’m still trying to digest that sequence.

Is there any chance that the Native American that Teddy let live, heals her maybe?

So...is MiB’s daughter really dead do we think? Why am I seemingly the only person distraught by this?

Is there any chance that the Native American that Teddy let live, heals her maybe?
Nah, I think she's really dead, and that MiB has completely lost his grasp on reality. The previews looked to me like it was him and Delores that were riding together, so maybe he's decided to team up with her to get to the Valley. Although at this point I don't know why it matters. He's killed the only person that it seems like he should have cared about and he's started murdering humans. I don't know what's left in the "game" for him, except to complete his transition out of the *real* world.

Did they ever verify if she were human or host?

I bet she’s alive. MiB putting gun to his temple shows just how far he’s taken himself. So now it’s a matter of trying to determine if MiB has gone mad, or if Ford is playing the game with him.

And would the gun he was using have killed him anyways?

One last thought. At the end of MiB journey to the Valley, i bet there isn’t anything there to see.

Westworld at it heart is more about the journey and not the destination.

Last edited:
Reactions: dmm5157
Episode was kind of interesting, also kind of a miss. I don't really see MIB as the monster they make him out to be. Not enough background story to really do that whole angle justice. I didn't feel bad for MIB's wife or that side of the story at all.

Sometimes the episodes expose enough to make you want more and sometimes they show just enough where you stop caring. I think I'm teetering on that line right now.

Very little emotional impact on this episode for me. Hoping the finale pays off.

Reactions: ericram

Yeah, I wasnt distraught at all. Why am I supposed to care about his daughter? Just another less than hot chick they killed off the show. Hopefully, she stays "dead" unlike some other characters. For me, thats the biggest drawback so far of the show, dead doesn't always mean dead, and its overused as a ploy.

Overall, I did like the episode and did have an emotional reaction to Teddy dying. I dont so much care that he is dead(maybe), but I do think it had/had a profound impact on Dolores, showing just how crazed she has become.

While I agree with your sentiment, the show didnt do a good job of tying the audience to the daughter emotionally, at least IMO. Even if they had her cliche dying in his arms, it may have helped a bit, but she was too new for me to care. I still have no idea why MiB was released to her last week, except maybe she was in fact, a host? Nothing else really makes sense as unlikely as it seems right now.

The idea that a father would kill his daughter...any daughter. That’s what was so incredible to me. That’s a plot line you don’t see visited very often on tv or movies.
I agree. I don't think you were supposed to be distraught over losing his daughter - she hadn't been around long enough for us to care about. For me it's the thought that MiB was so detached from reality that he thought she was a host, couldn't tell the difference, and killed his own kid. Watching it, I thought that was a pretty heavy scene.

Reactions: LesClaypool
Interesting episode. They tried to make it seem like the MIB was such an ass that his wife decided to become an alcoholic crazy woman and killed herself. Then after his daughter found him in the West World he as goes full on insane.

Interesting episode. They tried to make it seem like the MIB was such an ass that his wife decided to become an alcoholic crazy woman and killed herself. Then after his daughter found him in the West World he as goes full on insane.
Phenomenal finale. A couple of weak spots, but very few and far between.

And another Radiohead song for the finale...

Phenomenal finale. A couple of weak spots, but very few and far between.

And another Radiohead song for the finale...

Radiohead song was beautiful. I am still trying to decompress this episode. The time shifts had me confused at times.
Ok so are they out? Did Delores make another Arnold and herself?

I watch it, I like the music. I think I know what's going on but I don't. It ends, someone asks me "what just happened" and I walk away pretty mad at myself for being such an idiot cause I can't explain it

I watch it, I like the music. I think I know what's going on but I don't. It ends, someone asks me "what just happened" and I walk away pretty mad at myself for being such an idiot cause I can't explain it
I bet a lot of us can relate to this post. I know that I can.

I've never understood Bernard's timeline(s).

Reactions: NDallasRuss
I bet a lot of us can relate to this post. I know that I can.

I've never understood Bernard's timeline(s).
I can definitely relate. I enjoyed Westworld a lot, but there were a lot of times where I wasn't sure if it was then, or now, or somewhere in between. It would be interesting to watch the full series edited to be in chronological order to see how close I was to where I thought scenes were on the timeline.

Reactions: GoNolesTX
Trying to explain to someone last night where Bernard was....I couldn't explain he was in the program thingy but it was the program thingy, and it was in the past also. I just gave up

i'm gonna give Succession a try. I feel like its a Billions copy cat (Billions is awesome btw)

I tried to read this interview with the show's co-creator and lost interest.

http://www.wired.co.uk/article/westworld-season-2-finale-explained-lisa-joy-interview

I watched the finale, got lost throughout this season, I'm not sure there's any reason why I will watch the show if it goes to a Season 3.

I would be interested in watching a proper-chronological-order cut of the show, but that's about it.
I get anyone that says what you just did, but I'll definitely be watching Season 3, if there is one.

Trying to explain to someone last night where Bernard was....I couldn't explain he was in the program thingy but it was the program thingy, and it was in the past also. I just gave up

i'm gonna give Succession a try. I feel like its a Billions copy cat (Billions is awesome btw)

I didn't get to watch Succession last night (brain got fubar'd by Westworld finale), but it's pretty different from Billions (Billions fan here). I enjoy watching the complete dysfunction of the family unit and how big of screw ups everyone is. It's really the anti-Billions, in some ways. In Billions, everyone has their act together. In Succession, it's a bit of the opposite at work.

ADVERTISEMENT