ADVERTISEMENT

Winston Suspended

Someone needs to have a long sit down with JW. I believed him on the Kinsman thing since the evidence seemed to back him; the crab legs thing - who didn't have a hook up in college; now this hmmm? The thing is if it is a he said/she said with nothing else it seems really unfair to suspend him; which essentially is a pretty hefty fine. If what the accuser has done with the other stuff as well, it is not like she is a star witness.
Agree that this is the NFL trying to do some image building. To be clear JW needs to grow up; but don't see how this suspension stands. If it does then all it would take is for a female to run to the front desk of a team hotel with her shirt ripped and the starting QB is gone for 3 games. JW also really hurts his team that many are expecting a break out year from. NO, Philly and Pittsburg for your 1st three games is hard enough with your starter.

Technically, I believe the suspensions was for not reporting the incident. He is not appealing the suspension I am sure many people have had a talk with JW and JW is very good at acting contrite and saying all the right things. But the rubber meats the road at 20 million guaranteed next year.

Technically, I believe the suspensions was for not reporting the incident. He is not appealing the suspension I am sure many people have had a talk with JW and JW is very good at acting contrite and saying all the right things. But the rubber meats the road at 20 million guaranteed next year.
Wouldn't he actually have to be suspended first before deciding whether or not to appeal it?

NFL "cheerleaders" are more akin to exotic dancers than actual cheerleaders who are athletes performing stunts skillfully.

What’s next, man?? Eliminating the swimsuit competition from the Miss America pageant, and turning it into a chunky-girls-do-good-deeds-celebration?? Oh, wait.....

What’s next, man?? Eliminating the swimsuit competition from the Miss America pageant, and turning it into a chunky-girls-do-good-deeds-celebration?? Oh, wait.....
I didn't say to get rid of anything. I'm just saying they're far from "cheerleaders" and closer to the aforementioned pole-dancers. I'm all for this type of female empowerment, believe me!

Reactions: JohnnieHolmesNole
I didn't say to get rid of anything. I'm just saying they're far from "cheerleaders" and closer to the aforementioned pole-dancers. I'm all for this type of female empowerment, believe me!

My point (and not saying you're disagreeing) is that the NFL is all for women being treated correctly by their players (which they should) and at the same time prancing beautiful women out more like exotic dancers that men drool over while the cheerleaders are performing their "cheers". NFL isn't consistent

I would think the NFLPA would encourage him to appeal unless they believe that the evidence the league has is very strong and 3 games is light for the offense.

But he didn't report the incident. Unless I am incorrect, he didn't report even after Uber cancelled his app. after the driver complained. If that is what the suspension is based on and not the underlying alleged offense, there is not a lot to base an appeal on. This new information from the previously unidentified third person is very concerning- and the media is now digging. I would advise him to take his medicine, lay low and try to play well for the rest of the season -- because he's about to relegated to trying to catch on to a team as a backup QB and that will cause a significant dent in Team Winston's revenue.

Crazy that a guy who happens to be serving 15 years in prison for his part in the Vanderbilt assault is involved in this story.

But he didn't report the incident. Unless I am incorrect, he didn't report even after Uber cancelled his app. after the driver complained. If that is what the suspension is based on and not the underlying alleged offense, there is not a lot to base an appeal on. This new information from the previously unidentified third person is very concerning- and the media is now digging. I would advise him to take his medicine, lay low and try to play well for the rest of the season -- because he's about to relegated to trying to catch on to a team as a backup QB and that will cause a significant dent in Team Winston's revenue.
True but three games and the salary that goes along with it seems like a lot for not reporting something he claims he didn't do.

Regardless, DFS is correct in saying the union will encourage him to appeal.

Even if you believe every word that comes out of Winston's mouth, the verified facts of his various screw-ups show him to be, at best, a guy who exhibits extremely poor judgment. You would think that after his embarrassing exploits at Florida State, he'd take great pains to not put himself in compromising situations. Instead, he's out getting drunk in the wee hours of the morning with a guy who is now in prison for sexual assault. I'm sure the Buccaneer decision makers are thrilled that this guy is the face of their franchise.

This is in no way defending Winston, but considering this happened over 2 years ago, isnt it possible that this was his WAKE up call that he was acting like an idiot. Since 2016 the only negative I recall ( other than some terrible throws) were his comments to the elementary school girls about being quiet, which some people ran way to far with IMO.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
If this guy needed another wake-up call after his run through Tallahassee, he's one thick-headed dude.

Well he’s never paid much in the way of consequences, so why bother to change? Sure he’s lost out on millions in advertisement money but he’s still making millions as we speak.

Well, you lack integrity.

Yet somehow I’ve never been arrested, was never suspended from school, and I’m permitted to use Uber.

Seriously, he never learns. He’s an adult. He makes poor decisions. So far he’s been fortunate enough that his talent has kept his actions from torpedoing his career.

Reactions: Imtotallynottribe
And that that guy's word is being taken as gospel in this case.

But why are you hanging around that dude in the first place? Our parents taught us at like age 8-9 to avoid kids who get in trouble. And that goes double (or more) if you are a kid who seems to get in plenty of trouble on your own.

But why are you hanging around that dude in the first place? Our parents taught us at like age 8-9 to avoid kids who get in trouble. And that goes double (or more) if you are a kid who seems to get in plenty of trouble on your own.

I don't disagree at all. I'm just saying that currently, Banks' word (well, via his lawyer) is what's being used (at least from what's been reported up to now) to be the thing that "convicts" Jameis in public sphere.

I don't disagree at all. I'm just saying that currently, Banks' word (well, via his lawyer) is what's being used (at least from what's been reported up to now) to be the thing that "convicts" Jameis in public sphere.

I think what is convicting him in the court of public opinion is that Winston seems to be involved in a lot of incidents (some juvenile and some extremely serious) and, as Formally put it....all of his excuses and explanations are "complicated." It's the fool me once...fool me twice rule.

Right now, Jameis is only guilty of using really , really bad judgment. However, that’s enough to be tried in the court of public opinion and to earn a suspension from the NFL.

Reactions: KitingHigh
Will be interesting to see if Winston’s off-the-field scorecard impacts whether, when and how he is officially celebrated at FSU in terms of retiring his jersey number, etc.

Sorry, no link from me, but at least one article I read said the guy was childhood friends with Darby and was training out there at the time. Obviously he wasn't convicted at time either. It makes sense that JW and Darby would hang out and it makes sense that Darby would have brought along his childhood friend. It's not by any means an abnormal behavior. I can't imagine hanging out with my college friend and telling him that his childhood friend can't be around. I can't imagine that I'd do a background check on my friend's friends before hanging out with them.

It seems like some here want Jameis to live in a bubble.

Sorry, no link from me, but at least one article I read said the guy was childhood friends with Darby and was training out there at the time. Obviously he wasn't convicted at time either. It makes sense that JW and Darby would hang out and it makes sense that Darby would have brought along his childhood friend. It's not by any means an abnormal behavior. I can't imagine hanging out with my college friend and telling him that his childhood friend can't be around. I can't imagine that I'd do a background check on my friend's friends before hanging out with them.

It seems like some here want Jameis to live in a bubble.

"At the time of the alleged incident with Winston, Brandon Banks was free on bond while awaiting trial on charges that he and three other former Vanderbilt football players raped an unconscious female student in June 2013.

Banks, 24, eventually returned to Nashville in June 2017 for his trial, when he was convicted of aggravated rape.

He is currently serving a 15-year prison sentence in Tennessee."

Yeah, I'd probably steer clear of a guy like that. Especially if I'd been through what Jameis had been through.

"At the time of the alleged incident with Winston, Brandon Banks was free on bond while awaiting trial on charges that he and three other former Vanderbilt football players raped an unconscious female student in June 2013.

Banks, 24, eventually returned to Nashville in June 2017 for his trial, when he was convicted of aggravated rape.

He is currently serving a 15-year prison sentence in Tennessee."

Yeah, I'd probably steer clear of a guy like that. Especially if I'd been through what Jameis had been through.
You'll have to explain to me how any of that refutes what I posted. Or maybe you should read my post more carefully.

You'll have to explain to me how any of that refutes what I posted. Or maybe you should read my post more carefully.
Wasn't refuting anything. You said you couldn't imagine telling a college friend not to bring his childhood friend. I said I'd have no problem not hanging out with my friend or his friend if that friend was awaiting trial for gang rape.

What did I not read correctly?

Reactions: TallyNole93
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT