ADVERTISEMENT

Without comment

The problem with EV's is the demand for electrical energy from power plants powered by fossil fuels.
Nuclear and natural gas powered plants are the only answer to solve the problem. What is the cost of replacing the batteries and pollution the dead batteries cause?
Since around 60% if the electricity generated in the US comes from fossil fuels trading a gas car for an EV is a wash in that department. You're trading the use of one fuel type only to increase demand on another. If there was an increase in nuclear and renewables to that 60% mark then it could be a good trade in that respect. I could also charge at home utilizing mainly solar but that brings me to the next draw back the batteries. If the lifespan of a battery is 8 years your range or capacity would begin to degrade before that which would reduce your range. Add to that the cost of the batteries and you're looking at replacing a EV every 5 years or so. In addition, where do these old batteries go? How do we dispose of them? What issues does that cause? Making the batteries is another issue not discussed. What effect will that have with increased EV usage.

I like the hybrid idea as the non-plug in types cut fuel usage without a lot of the added problems of a full EV but for now it seems moving to an EV is trading one problem for another.

Really enjoyable thread everyone. I do have to say one thing about someone who was mentioned.

I was a hardcore right winger back when this board was thriving and when politics moved to it’s own board. UCLA aka @BrainVision was a very good and fair moderator. Never once did he impose his views on us through bans or threats of bans.

Later, UCLA did a commendable job defying the lunatic head moderator who followed Madcow, NoSoul.

Last edited:
Really enjoyable thread everyone. I do have to say one thing about someone who was mentioned.

I was a hardcore right winger back when this board was thriving and when politics moved to a separate board. UCLA aka @BrainVision was a very good and fair moderator. Never once did he impose his views on us through bans or threats of bans.

Later, UCLA did a commendable job defying the lunatic head moderator who followed Madcow, NoSoul.
I think you’d find a solid consensus on the previous moderating situation.
👍😉

I was a hardcore right winger back when this board was thriving and when politics moved to it’s own board. UCLA aka @BrainVision was a very good and fair moderator. Never once did he impose his views on us through bans or threats of bans.

My favorite part of the tread was gm claiming once again that she’s just a counter puncher. Never gets old.

Reactions: billanole
There are viable alternatives that produce power at lower costs without the residual external costs.

Since around 60% if the electricity generated in the US comes from fossil fuels trading a gas car for an EV is a wash in that department. You're trading the use of one fuel type only to increase demand on another. If there was an increase in nuclear and renewables to that 60% mark then it could be a good trade in that respect. I could also charge at home utilizing mainly solar but that brings me to the next draw back the batteries. If the lifespan of a battery is 8 years your range or capacity would begin to degrade before that which would reduce your range. Add to that the cost of the batteries and you're looking at replacing a EV every 5 years or so. In addition, where do these old batteries go? How do we dispose of them? What issues does that cause? Making the batteries is another issue not discussed. What effect will that have with increased EV usage.

I like the hybrid idea as the non-plug in types cut fuel usage without a lot of the added problems of a full EV but for now it seems moving to an EV is trading one problem for another.
You get a massive core charge payout when trading in a battery. Much better than the old days when trading in a battery, generator, or starter.
Why would you think the valuable components of EV batteries go to the landfill? That is dumbass throw away mentality.

Last edited:
What was your old handle? I don’t recognize the name
Nolesoul
Fred-fsu
Nolesince1962
SFDnole
Millard Fillmore
Nick mason
Lucky Luciano
David Gilmour
Rick wright
geddy lee
Alex lifeson
Neal peart
By-tor
Murat
Snow dog
Mehmed the conqueror
Dusty roads
Brisco brother
Foghat
Maurice white
Carl weathers
Clint purvis
Tony banks
Anthony Bonaducci
Happy Gilmore
Billy ray valentine
Elwood
Stan the man hanson
Ayatollah khomeini
Joe momma
Terry funk
Gordon summoner
Don knotts
I am jazz
Johnny hates jazz
Enrico fermi
Chuck manson
W.E.B dubois
Sonny boy williamson
Puff the magic dragon
Motor city madman
Keith emerson
Kyler hall
Belmont tench
Tuoco
Don Henley
Townes van zandt
Stan lynch
General Lannes
Schneider the janitor
Tim watley
The necromancer
James evans
Ron jeremy
Donahue
Alex trabeck
Mike price
Zorba the greek
Nguyen co thach
Donnie van zandt. Not ronnie
long dong silver
And peterman.

• Haha
Reactions: seminoleed
Nolesoul
Fred-fsu
Nolesince1962
SFDnole
Millard Fillmore
Nick mason
Lucky Luciano
David Gilmour
Rick wright
geddy lee
Alex lifeson
Neal peart
By-tor
Murat
Snow dog
Mehmed the conqueror
Dusty roads
Brisco brother
Foghat
Maurice white
Carl weathers
Clint purvis
Tony banks
Anthony Bonaducci
Happy Gilmore
Billy ray valentine
Elwood
Stan the man hanson
Ayatollah khomeini
Joe momma
Terry funk
Gordon summoner
Don knotts
I am jazz
Johnny hates jazz
Enrico fermi
Chuck manson
W.E.B dubois
Sonny boy williamson
Puff the magic dragon
Motor city madman
Keith emerson
Kyler hall
Belmont tench
Tuoco
Don Henley
Townes van zandt
Stan lynch
General Lannes
Schneider the janitor
Tim watley
The necromancer
James evans
Ron jeremy
Donahue
Alex trabeck
Mike price
Zorba the greek
Nguyen co thach
long dong silver
And peterman.
It would make perfect sense if you were nolesoul, that guy ruined the old board.

It
It would make perfect sense if you were nolesoul, that guy ruined the old board.
for awhile there it was not fun. He really shook some of you boys up. Over time I started to grow fond of him. I’ve been having a blast the last couple of months on this forum. How bout you!

• Haha
Reactions: TC Nole OX
Nolesoul
Fred-fsu
Nolesince1962
SFDnole
Millard Fillmore
Nick mason
Lucky Luciano
David Gilmour
Rick wright
geddy lee
Alex lifeson
Neal peart
By-tor
Murat
Snow dog
Mehmed the conqueror
Dusty roads
Brisco brother
Foghat
Maurice white
Carl weathers
Clint purvis
Tony banks
Anthony Bonaducci
Happy Gilmore
Billy ray valentine
Elwood
Stan the man hanson
Ayatollah khomeini
Joe momma
Terry funk
Gordon summoner
Don knotts
I am jazz
Johnny hates jazz
Enrico fermi
Chuck manson
W.E.B dubois
Sonny boy williamson
Puff the magic dragon
Motor city madman
Keith emerson
Kyler hall
Belmont tench
Tuoco
Don Henley
Townes van zandt
Stan lynch
General Lannes
Schneider the janitor
Tim watley
The necromancer
James evans
Ron jeremy
Donahue
Alex trabeck
Mike price
Zorba the greek
Nguyen co thach
long dong silver
And peterman.
Why are you reluctant to share your old poster name?

What was your old handle? I don’t recognize the name
Since he seems incapable of accurately answering your valid question, I’ll help here.
He was also equally bizarre Warchant characters Vasili Zaitsev and Noletzche, even posting at the same time under all 3 handles.
And thanks to his penchant for obsessively stalking his favorite posters from board to board and thread to thread, coupled with super cringey affectations like the whole (muffled laughter), LMFAO, “your old friend” and long pagefuls of repeated HAHAHAHA’s or whatever his uncontrollable tic of the day might be, he’s also been affectionately referred to as Hannibal.
Curiously, despite the volume of his mocking comments, I’m not sure he’s ever started a thread or added anything of actual substance to any existing thread.
Humans can be very unusual.

Since he seems incapable of accurately answering your valid question, I’ll help here.
He was also equally bizarre Warchant characters Vasili Zaitsev and Noletzche, even posting at the same time under all 3 handles.
And thanks to his penchant for obsessively stalking his favorite posters from board to board and thread to thread, coupled with super cringey affectations like the whole (muffled laughter), LMFAO, “your old friend” and long pagefuls of repeated HAHAHAHA’s or whatever his uncontrollable tic of the day might be, he’s also been affectionately referred to as Hannibal.
Curiously, despite the volume of his mocking comments, I’m not sure he’s ever started a thread or added anything of actual substance to any existing thread.
Thanks.
So, a fairly “new” poster in the long history of Warchant. I was curious as I’d never heard of him before.

I really enjoy not reading his posts.

The Bad Creek Project in WNC pumps H2O stored in a reservoir back uphill using off peak juice and releases it during peak hours for hydro production.
Wind juice has little of the pollution/ water contamination cancer causing problems from carbon.
Solar has issues with the materials required, but no more than carbon extraction.
All of these currently produce at less than carbon prices.
Why don’t you list the carbon power that is produced at lower rates

Last edited:
Wow This Tolstoy length response shows I’m living inside your mind rent free as they say. Noletaire lounging in a lazy-boy sipping on Jack Daniel’s inside nolesince61’s cranium. Pour me another one, son. LMFAO! Can’t stop laughing.
Dear Lord I love this place!

You get a massive core charge payout when trading in a battery. Much better than the old days when trading in a battery, generator, or starter.
Why would you think the valuable components of EV batteries go to the landfill? That is dumbass throw away mentality.
I see reading isn't your strong suit. Let me repeat the question. In addition, where do these old batteries go? How do we dispose of them? What issues does that cause?

A core charge is just a returned deposit you pay when buying a battery, it's a product of the battery cost to promote recycling. EV batteries are anywhere from 5 to 30k so the core charge would be part of that. A friend of mine got 750 bucks for a Prius battery but the new one was 7500 for the battery and labor not too bad of a core charge, I guess.

Back to your original "dumbass" response. 'Despite the fact that up to 95% of lithium-ion batteries can be retrieved, only 5% of EV batteries are currently being recycled.'

https://www.here.com/learn/blog/ev-battery-recycling

So, like I was saying. What happens to these batteries while were figuring out what to do with the other 95% of these things that are likely going somewhere. It's not throwaway mentality its reality. Until the government requires the recycling of these batteries and decides who's going to pay the bill it won't happen.

There are viable alternatives that produce power at lower costs without the residual external costs.
What energy saving initiatives do you use at home? Solar, wind, geothermal? Do you have a net zero use home? What kind of EV do you drive?

I have solar and a geothermal system here in Florida.

The FPL expansion of solar farms into previous farmland along I-10 between Jacksonville and Madison is ongoing at a steady pace. And that’s just what can be seen from the road. No more cornfields or produce farms.
Are those solar panels edible? Maybe with some “hot sauce”?

One big hailstorm or hurricane would be a disaster. And the enormous electrical wire towers that have been installed to facilitate the power look like rocket launch towers at the cape. I saw absolutely huge 100+ year old oaks and pines thrown over like matchsticks after that small hurricane came over Perry and up into Suwannee and Madison County last year, and big traffic signs twisted completely around if they still standing at all.
To say that there’s some fine tuning needed in the solar field is not an exaggeration.

Scottsbluff-hail-6.27.23.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: goldmom
The Bad Creek Project in WNC pumps H2O stored in a reservoir back uphill using off peak juice and releases it during peak hours for hydro production.
Wind juice has little of the pollution/ water contamination cancer causing problems from carbon.
Solar has issues with the materials required, but no more than carbon extraction.
All of these currently produce at less than carbon prices.
Why don’t you list the carbon power that is produced at lower rates
Agree an island in the Azores has similar system. The problem is only certain places on the earth have the necessary topography for such solutions. Wind mills have environmental issues as do solar farms. I believe "New" nuclear is the only real answer at this time to decrease the dependency on fossil fuels for energy needs for the US and the world.

Reactions: goldmom
Agree an island in the Azores has similar system. The problem is only certain places on the earth have the necessary topography for such solutions. Wind mills have environmental issues as do solar farms. I believe "New" nuclear is the only real answer at this time to decrease the dependency on fossil fuels for energy needs for the US and the world.
The other problem is what you use pump it uphill. You'll always use more power to pump the water uphill then you will get back out of it.

Last edited:
Reactions: trunole1
What energy saving initiatives do you use at home? Solar, wind, geothermal? Do you have a net zero use home? What kind of EV do you drive?
Billnole doesn’t have an EV. LMFAO But that doesn’t stop him from saying we need to move away from petroleum and drive ev. Little dude is like jimmy swaggert preaching on the sanctity of marriage. Pure comedy. I really admire the sincerity of billnole

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT