ADVERTISEMENT

Women's Softball

Need an additional 1,300 seats.
You think big! There are about 1,000 fixed seats now from what I understand the near term step is to add "premium" seating in the top level of the batting structure.

The reported attendance was not quite as robust as I expected for this season - I suppose the early mid-week games drive the numbers down - and of course for the big games you could add a few hundred people on the sidewalk and in the parking garage.

2idmkMz.jpg

https://stats.ncaa.org/rankings/change_sport_year_div

On another subject I've read several players will participate in a Florida Gulf Coast League this summer -

Kaia LoPreste- Sarasota Circus

Brooke Blankenship- Lakewood Ranch Rodeo

Chloe Culp- Siesta Key Phinz

Hallie Wacaser- Siesta Key Phinz

Krystina Hartley- Bradenton Lynx

On another subject I've read several players will participate in a Florida Gulf Coast League this summer -

Kaia LoPreste- Sarasota Circus

Brooke Blankenship- Lakewood Ranch Rodeo

Chloe Culp- Siesta Key Phinz

Hallie Wacaser- Siesta Key Phinz

Krystina Hartley- Bradenton Lynx
Thanks for the info... Hope that you and the Missus are hanging in there!! 🙏

We've graduated to solid food today!
Wasn't anywhere as dramatic as your situation obviously, but I recently went through the working up to solid food thing following having a fractured molar extracted. (I still have some baby food leftover if anyone wants it before we give it away to charity. 🙂)

A stud pitching transfer. A stud outfielder for CF and a stud 3B who can hit.
We can't afford the anemic hitting of BB and JM both in the lineup, so no to either one taking over 3B.
Heck in our natty run we actually had a SS (Cali Harrod) who could hit. Who knew?

We can't afford the anemic hitting of BB and JM both in the lineup, so no to either one taking over 3B.
Heck in our natty run we actually had a SS (Cali Harrod) who could hit. Who knew?
We also had several others who could bomb. As I recall we had a lot of + 10 HR hitters that year.

Reactions: ParooKid
I hoped for more from Muffley, Blankenship. Wacaser, Keen and Wilson. Maybe they can break through in the future but I wouldn't bet on it.

Reactions: ranger43
To be fair to Keen she got injured early in the year. She was Always considered a defensive stud and just OK on offense. Wacaser Muffley and Blankenship don’t bring enough offense. Muffley and Blankenship are excellent on defense though.

To be fair to Keen she got injured early in the year. She was Always considered a defensive stud and just OK on offense. Wacaser Muffley and Blankenship don’t bring enough offense. Muffley and Blankenship are excellent on defense though.
BB was a top 5 National player out of HS. A 2 time Florida player of the year, a USA All AMERICAN and had the stats to show that. She also hit 6 HR her senior year ( a lot for the shortened HS season). I believe she should play and play now somewhere and will contribute heavily to our offense if given the opportunity. In my mind she was ill-used this year- we wasted a year of her 4 in my opinion. Hartley was ranked 18th by Extra Inning Softball in the 2021 class rankings …she is a two time Class 2A State Player of the Year in Florida…finished her freshman campaign with a .409 batting average and improved on that in her sophomore season of high school…batted .469 her sophomore year and was named team MVP for Northeast High School in St. Petersburg, Fla…during her junior season she batted .300 before the season was cut short due to COVID-19. She averaged 7 HR a year when she played full seasons in HS-- she can help with the HR issue as she grows into a role on our team . Wacaser also came in with major stats but obviously was no Bomber. I think the future of these 3 are bright. JMHO

I hoped for more from Muffley, Blankenship. Wacaser, Keen and Wilson. Maybe they can break through in the future but I wouldn't bet on it.
Muffley - Remember, she started out the season on the bench with a batting average early on of .750. Blankenship got her chance but when could couldn't produce offensively, Muffley moved to starter and her average consistently went down.

Blankenship - I really like her steadiness defensively but her batting has to improve (maybe the summer league will improve her). It helped Devin.

Wacaser - I had high hopes for her but she was given every opportunity this year coming off the injury. The jury is still out on her being the player at this level we need her to be. Come on Hallie - everyone is rooting for you.

You left out Culp. I'm a big fan of Chloe. I think by next spring early on we will know if she (and Hallie) are going to be the type of offensive threats we need them to be.

If Keen's redshirt is approved, historically we are looking at about a 275 hitter who brings a steady glove to first. I'm pulling for her as well. She has wanted to be a Seminole for a long time and now that she is here, I wish her the best.

Wilson has been given every opportunity (arguably more than some). She doesn't seem to have the confidence on the mound at this point. I have the most doubt about her of your group. at this point.

I have high hopes for Edenfield. Some time spent with a quality hitting coach this summer should resolve her issues at the plate.

Kerr - I believe she will continue to develop at the plate. But her speed in centerfield? Combined with the lack of a strong arm - thats why a speedy centerfielder with an arm and can get on base is on my Top Three Christmas list.

Christmas List #2 - Has anyone else noticed how important a Quality pitching staff is if you hope to get to (and WIN at Oklahoma City)?

Last on the Christmas List is someone who won't have us constantly thinking how lucky we were to have our last two third basemen.

Coacha - It appears the administration has raised the bar for the improvements we needed a (including a financial commitment to keep you here to continue building this program). You have shown improvement in recent years with the team and we are all glad you are here. Maintaining this team as a National Championship contender for next year and beyond will require a few things from our head coach as well and I know you are up to the task.

Congratulations Noles on a season that brought us as fans so many enjoyable moments! It didn't end in Omaha after a disappointing day at home against a mediocre MSU team (but those unfortunately weren't our first unexplainable losses to mediocre teams at home this year).

I can't wait to see next year's Noles Team take the field in the Fall.

Muffley - Remember, she started out the season on the bench with a batting average early on of .750. Blankenship got her chance but when could couldn't produce offensively, Muffley moved to starter and her average consistently went down.

Blankenship - I really like her steadiness defensively but her batting has to improve (maybe the summer league will improve her). It helped Devin.

Wacaser - I had high hopes for her but she was given every opportunity this year coming off the injury. The jury is still out on her being the player at this level we need her to be. Come on Hallie - everyone is rooting for you.

You left out Culp. I'm a big fan of Chloe. I think by next spring early on we will know if she (and Hallie) are going to be the type of offensive threats we need them to be.

If Keen's redshirt is approved, historically we are looking at about a 275 hitter who brings a steady glove to first. I'm pulling for her as well. She has wanted to be a Seminole for a long time and now that she is here, I wish her the best.

Wilson has been given every opportunity (arguably more than some). She doesn't seem to have the confidence on the mound at this point. I have the most doubt about her of your group. at this point.

I have high hopes for Edenfield. Some time spent with a quality hitting coach this summer should resolve her issues at the plate.

Kerr - I believe she will continue to develop at the plate. But her speed in centerfield? Combined with the lack of a strong arm - thats why a speedy centerfielder with an arm and can get on base is on my Top Three Christmas list.

Christmas List #2 - Has anyone else noticed how important a Quality pitching staff is if you hope to get to (and WIN at Oklahoma City)?

Last on the Christmas List is someone who won't have us constantly thinking how lucky we were to have our last two third basemen.

Coacha - It appears the administration has raised the bar for the improvements we needed a (including a financial commitment to keep you here to continue building this program). You have shown improvement in recent years with the team and we are all glad you are here. Maintaining this team as a National Championship contender for next year and beyond will require a few things from our head coach as well and I know you are up to the task.

Congratulations Noles on a season that brought us as fans so many enjoyable moments! It didn't end in Omaha after a disappointing day at home against a mediocre MSU team (but those unfortunately weren't our first unexplainable losses to mediocre teams at home this year).

I can't wait to see next year's Noles Team take the field in the Fall.
Really liked your thoughts. You know I was high on Culp to start last season (put her in my starters) . I think BB can play third or center as Westbrook will come in and back up SS (high rated SS recruit). I also think Harding can play 3rd and if she adapts she can wear Syd's shoes offensively. BUT as everyone has pointed out we need at least 1 quality transfer pitching starter ( I have not seen them pitch but I think Balk and Reid are slated to red shirt unless we get in real dire straits) . Everything else would be gravy JMHO

So according to a buddy with transfer portal access, Landers, Saabye, Enter, Kendrick and Riggs are in the portal.
FYI, Alabama has 6 players in the portal. 2 or possibly 3 might be of interest.
1. Lexi Kilfoyl P 2.36 ERA 80 innings, 89 Ks, 32 BB and a 9-3 record.
2. Dallis Goodnight a speedy OFer. Batted .302 and was 18/20 in SBs. She played CF
3. Iffy but Jenna Lord batted .289
No doubt many other teams will have a few studs in the portal.
Can't wait to see which OU players enter the portal. Saw where they landed a stud pitcher from Michigan.

I know many of us are hoping for a pitcher to be plucked out of the portal. A big one was picked up today (but unfortunately by Oklahoma). Alex Storako (former Big Ten Pitcher of the Year) goes to the Sooners.

Let's go get a stud pitcher.
I personally like the CFer from Alabama. Speedy, hit just over 300 and was a freshman. Dallis Goodnight

Just waiting for the incoming transfers to be announced. We are less than 2 months from them being on campus I would assume.
I'm jonesing for information.

Just waiting for the incoming transfers to be announced. We are less than 2 months from them being on campus I would assume.
I'm jonesing for information.
I subscribe to Extra Inning Softball but, If you haven't already, I recently tried Google searches for "(insert college) softball forum". Schools like the Gators and Alabama are pretty active and one can get "Warchant-type" intel on a particular team, as well as softball in general. For example, with Alabama it's interesting to read their fans' comments on the current state of their team (a mess), as well as all of the players entering the portal. That is where I first read the speculation that Pitcher Lexi Kilfoyl might transfer to either UF or FSU. (She is from Land O'Lakes). I'm not up on their current news but the last update I read was that she might transfer to UCF or USF due to a girlfriend in the area, USF would make the most sense if she wants to be the ace on the staff since they lost their superstar.

Extra Inning softball is an SEC centered site. All their recruits are ALL Americans and are top of all lists they put out. All of them have their bias-- Softball America seems West Coast Centered. Max Preps has the best lists but theirs is stat centered- They do not pay as much attention to competitive levels and the type of competition that has been on the recruits resume. Some of the best players play on small HS teams -- often players who do not play on major travel ball teams do not get the attention of those who are developing major resumes on the under (whatever) circuits. There really are not any sites that look at recruit offers (like in Football or Basketball). I pay attention to those who camp at major programs and are followed by major program coaches. For the first time in about 3 years I am heartened by those we have hosted - we will see if we offer come August and if they commit come November. The transfer portal is really all about relationships- we are lucky to have a volunteer coach and Travis who have good insight into a lot of those available . Like all of you I am waiting to see how we add to our roster and get some HS pieces (including major HS arms).

Reactions: ranger43
Oregon’s star pitcher transfers to UCLA. Too much to hope that a California girl would come east.
While I was wasting time the other day I looked at the two recruits (Pitchers) we have coming in and they both got major props for their performances in State Championship series work. Reid (Oregon) really balled out and they won the State I believe. Great to have a possible productive lefty.( PS-- I saw where Landers ended up at MSU)

Last edited:
FSU plays in Stillwater next season. Hope to make the trip, depends on the day of the week/weekend.

Reactions: ParooKid
Her arm, for starters, and her hitting. The rest, not so much.
Yes she has a great arm and her hitting is big for FSU.
That said, at 1B she was not great defensively. She is not who you want handling the hot corner.
There were multiple times she let grounders eat her up and did not field them, or did not field them cleanly.
Your 3B needs to be a stud who gobbles up grounders, attacks bunts quickly and makes good decisions.
So no, she did not show me DEFENSIVELY what is needed for 3B.

That said, at 1B she was not great defensively. She is not who you want handling the hot corner.
There were multiple times she let grounders eat her up and did not field them, or did not field them cleanly.
Your 3B needs to be a stud who gobbles up grounders, attacks bunts quickly and makes good decisions.

Agreed, on all points. Like I said, the rest not so much.

The rich get richer. OU got an All Pac 12 Arizona St transfer. She played SS but likely will move to 3b at OU.

When OU gets a transfer, she's a stud impact player.
Coacha gets an occasional stud mixed in with good players, but not studs!
Maybe that changes this offseason!

Reactions: nole2soul
We really (except for Hartley- a 2 time player of the year in HS at that position which she was recruited to play) will have a work in progress at that position. Harding did play at both corners in HS I believe so maybe with some work she would improve there and be serviceable there . I would wager Hartley starts there in the winter and they see if she can do it. (if it is not Harding we will give up some major offense at that position ---assuming no transfer is coming-- and we really cannot afford to do that JMHO)

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT