ADVERTISEMENT

Women's Softball

If its like football then the information is public once they are entered by the school. There's a few sites who publish the information in real time. I guess Extra Innings is the softball site whereas On3 and 247 do football.
The NCAA site says the information is not public at any time except for coaches -- not sure how the information becomes public without the registered coaches saying it. Here is what the NCAA says

"
Can I view the NCAA transfer portal?

Can the public view the NCAA transfer portal? 3) Coaches can see who is in the portal, but it is not public information. 4) Athletes can withdraw from the portal; it's then up to the school to decide whether to take that athlete back and restore his/her scholarship."
Not sure how it gets out without some privacy violation occurring.

The NCAA site says the information is not public at any time except for coaches -- not sure how the information becomes public without the registered coaches saying it. Here is what the NCAA says

"
Can I view the NCAA transfer portal?

Can the public view the NCAA transfer portal? 3) Coaches can see who is in the portal, but it is not public information. 4) Athletes can withdraw from the portal; it's then up to the school to decide whether to take that athlete back and restore his/her scholarship."
Not sure how it gets out without some privacy violation occurring.
Hmm. Maybe they are just aggregating social media or something else because they are pretty up to date.

I’m sure they have sources who can view the portal, or who share their access. Just because the organization says it’s not public information doesn’t mean it’s illegal for others to access it via third parties. The organization can sanction those leakers, so to speak, but there’s no legal privacy violation.

Reactions: jgking83
Now for something different - does anyone want a 2022 softball poster signed by a portion of the team?

Instead of accumulating these things in the garage I'd prefer to make someone happy - if you are interested send a PM and I will go with a good heartwarming purpose or at least a funny joke.

PS - Not sure why the image is sideways here!

cog20bx.jpg

TOS is reporting that Alameda was offered by A&M and ultimately appears to have turned them down.
Apparently her recent deal may have been altered a bit to her benefit.
No links, just reporting by their 'crootin' expert, not just a random poster.

More context, from an Ultimate College Softball poster:

“Haven't heard a thing from Lonni but a little birdie was talking to Wilson early this evening and my understanding is she was in College Station last week interviewing and after much thought today she turned down their offer(s) at TAMU. FSU and Tallahassee is like family to Lonni and she is very loyal to those who supported her in building a softball culture. She is getting paid well at FSU and I don't think she would have taken the TAMU job for all the money in the world. That's loyalty and what Wilson was referring to.”

Okay Coacha - Now that you have that trip to A &M out of your system, please hit the portal and bring me a Christmas present consisting of: 1) The complimentary starter to take the pressure off Kat, 2) A power hitter, 3)A speedy center fielder and finally 4) A .300 + hitter for DH since our one year experiment this year (despite my hopes for the ladies who came back from injuries) did not work out.

Reactions: FletchCC
Just need a power pitcher, a more than just capable centerfielder, and a replacement for Syd S (good luck with that) and we are good to go. Hit the portal and recruit your rear end off Miss A.

Reactions: 62Nole
I figured the TAM outreach was inevitable and have to think it's not over.
Well, assuming what we've heard is correct, the A&M has to move on and hire a coach.
How about Walton from UF? or Gasso from OU?
When they have a new coach, then it's over, at least for now!

Okay Coacha - Now that you have that trip to A &M out of your system, please hit the portal and bring me a Christmas present consisting of: 1) The complimentary starter to take the pressure off Kat, 2) A power hitter, 3)A speedy center fielder and finally 4) A .300 + hitter for DH since our one year experiment this year (despite my hopes for the ladies who came back from injuries) did not work out.
We are in agreement--but I also want to see some High School top 20 pitchers in the next two classes ----the 23 group for November which already has 1 and the commitments from some 24's that can be offered in about 2 months-- there are some in these 2 classes that have camped with us and will be difference makers somewhere- we will see if we offer and they accept.

Just need a power pitcher, a more than just capable centerfielder, and a replacement for Syd S (good luck with that) and we are good to go. Hit the portal and recruit your rear end off Miss A.
Harding can slide to third. We can then find a right fielder out of the Portal or move one of the ones we have (maybe Ross or one of the two new players)- I agree we still need a lock down pitcher- a lefty would be nice.

Reactions: ParooKid
Harding can slide to third. We can then find a right fielder out of the Portal or move one of the ones we have (maybe Ross or one of the two new players)- I agree we still need a lock down pitcher- a lefty would be nice.
What's a "lefty"?? 😜

I saw nothing out of Harding to make me think she can handle third base.
Well- she played Short in High School -- so one would suppose she could certainly play 3rd with those skills and that arm -- but hey-- I just watch not coach anymore. Don't see much on the roster that is better right now. Maybe Hartley can grow into it.

Reactions: squiffynole
Agree - Not fan of her at First either - Like having her in right field with her cannon arm
First is a position you must get lots of reps at. She flashed enough for me to have confidence in her in the infield. That said, her and Leonard will likely platoon the same way they did this season. Unless a better option at first presents herself.

I actually think Blankenship will play third next season.

First is a position you must get lots of reps at. She flashed enough for me to have confidence in her in the infield. That said, her and Leonard will likely platoon the same way they did this season. Unless a better option at first presents herself.

I actually think Blankenship will play third next season.
Unless Weisbrook can take her job BB will remain at Short-- we will see

We are in agreement--but I also want to see some High School top 20 pitchers in the next two classes ----the 23 group for November which already has 1 and the commitments from some 24's that can be offered in about 2 months-- there are some in these 2 classes that have camped with us and will be difference makers somewhere- we will see if we offer and they accept.
We have so much to be thankful for with Coacha. But after winning it all in 2018, having a great team in 2019 that was upset in Super Regionals, coming in runner-ups last year, being the 2nd seed in the country going into Regionals this year, being the pitching guru she is, as well as an apparent good recruiter at all of the other positions, why has her pitching recruiting not been on par with expectations after Kat's class?

We have so much to be thankful for with Coacha. But after winning it all in 2018, having a great team in 2019 that was upset in Super Regionals, coming in runner-ups last year, being the 2nd seed in the country going into Regionals this year, being the pitching guru she is, as well as an apparent good recruiter at all of the other positions, why has her pitching recruiting not been on par with expectations after Kat's class?
I have said it before-- but some of it isn't talent evaluation( AND we lost Herzog at the worst time) . The dichotomy of recruiting changed during this period. We were recruiting 14 year old's based solely on potential. Some of the other teams we recruit against were not as picky (and later changed their mind-which we just did not do) and got commitments from 14 year old's who later were top 20. The landscape has changed (and our program now has National reach-- look at next years class and you have 1 from Oregon, 1 from NY, 1 from California and a Florida Catcher/3rd/1st player ) . So we are recruiting older players (I believe we can offer September 1 of their Junior year now) and can be selective and recruit top 20 types as everyone now is even on the date of offer-- this does mean we still need to identify (mainly by camps/summer team play and HS body of work) and be prepared to offer on the first available date (see above) those who we think are good fits and have the skills we need. I am heartened by the fact more than one top 20 types have been offered (we have 1 next year already) over the next cycle and the 23-24's have been to camps in Tally and some are absolute lock down types-we will see on September 1 if we offer and they commit. It is trending up on the HS front and if we can just get a couple of portal types to get us over the next few years I believe we are on the right track. (I have not seen DuBois pitch -maybe she can help next year). WE WILL SEE.

Muffley is returning, as are Kat, Leonard and I'm assuming Keen.
Keen and Leonard with Harding as a backup solves 1B.
NO disrespect we can't afford (offensively speaking) to go from Warren then
Sherrill to either Muffley or Blankenship.
Maybe Hartley can step or we get a portal stud!

Reactions: FletchCC
Muffley is returning, as are Kat, Leonard and I'm assuming Keen.
Keen and Leonard with Harding as a backup solves 1B.
NO disrespect we can't afford (offensively speaking) to go from Warren then
Sherrill to either Muffley or Blankenship.
Maybe Hartley can step or we get a portal stud!
I still say if we can move Harding (a former SS) it would at least be a good move offensively at 3rd. If not we might need portal help— of course we do not know if Hartley might step up.

Maybe Amaya Ross can play 2nd or 3rd and Devyn can play the other.
Amaya at least has hope to step up offensively.

I vote for Amaya Ross in center.
No one is coming from the HS class of recruits (and the other possibilities are in the portal) so it is a portal player, Ross or Kerr. JMHO (Ross also played multiple infield positions in HS)

Unless a really good transfer comes, this is what I believe we'll see to begin the season:

1. Mudge LF
2. Flaherty 2B
3. Harding RF
4. Edenfield C
5. Leonard 1B
6. Kerr CF
7. Blankenship 3B
8. Ross EP
9. Muffley SS

So much time between now and then, and a lot of players already on our roster who were either injured or just too young. I did this off memory. I'm sure those of you who follow more closely than I have a more informed opinion.

Go Noles!

Reactions: NoleLizards
Unless a really good transfer comes, this is what I believe we'll see to begin the season:

1. Mudge LF
2. Flaherty 2B
3. Harding RF
4. Edenfield C
5. Leonard 1B
6. Kerr CF
7. Blankenship 3B
8. Ross EP
9. Muffley SS

So much time between now and then, and a lot of players already on our roster who were either injured or just too young. I did this off memory. I'm sure those of you who follow more closely than I have a more informed opinion.

Go Noles!
Most of the players (except those you mentioned ) are in the portal. I am hopeful we add a few pieces.

Reactions: jgking83
My dream is another Meghan King - lefthander with velocity and a veering ball movement - but I have the impression Lonni favors control pitchers with a high spin rate like Lacey Waldrop.

No real clue on my end but I think today's hitters have the edge on the spin artists.
King ( and I think all lefthanders have better ball movement) had good velocity as well as great movement. Those types are out there but we need to find them.

My dream is another Meghan King - lefthander with velocity and a veering ball movement - but I have the impression Lonni favors control pitchers with a high spin rate like Lacey Waldrop.

No real clue on my end but I think today's hitters have the edge on the spin artists.
The drop and rise have been the go to pitches for years but that is changing. Those with 65-70 velocity and have movement (they call them curves but they really are not) are more successful now-- especially if they have a good change up for strikes. Just velocity will not work -- Heck we got beat by pitchers throwing 58-62 and having a good change up.

King ( and I think all lefthanders have better ball movement) had good velocity as well as great movement. Those types are out there but we need to find them.
Everyone knows about lefthanders ball movement. Their ball goes against the rotation of the earth. Same reason the water in a toilet south of the equator goes backwards (if flushed). I'll always be grateful to Dan Queisnberry for sharing that.

This would have been the year to be in the WCWS. I believe only 3 of the Top 8 seeds made it to OKC (OU, UCLA, OSU)

OU is going to cruise through this field.

^Well, the handwriting was on the wall. That was the MO for the season. They "learned" how to lose to mediocre teams. This in on coach A. I know we all love her, but this is a serious flaw if a team has high aspirations.

ADVERTISEMENT