ADVERTISEMENT

Yo, ggmike, you know these guys?

A group of us were riding the Dragon a few years ago when we rode up on an accident that just happened. Two bikes hit head on. There are photo people all along this route and one of the riders was waving to the photographer and crossed the yellow line to hit the other bike. The photographer took pictures all through the accident. The Missus is a PA and we had a nurse with us and they administered basic first aid. The guys directed traffic around the scene.

One of the big problems on this road is the lack of cell service. Another motorcyclist rode to the northern end of the Dragon and summoned help.

People ride this road like a bat out of hell and I have little sympathy when they crash. The best advice I ever got was just before I rode it the first time. Simply put...ride your ride. Don’t worry about what others are doing.

Reactions: billanole
People love to pretend the road is a private / public racetrack....

Did you see the video at the bottom where they showed a guy recording his last day? Hearing those car go by as he is laying in a ditch..... oh man. Not sure what that had to do with the rest of the story, but thats why I rarely go on solo rides out in the country.

Reactions: ggmike1992
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT