ADVERTISEMENT

You guys like grilled wings?

Kozlov75

Freshman
Gold Member
Aug 14, 2006
This is my new way of eating these bad boys.
image.jpeg

Reactions: trefeet
I feel with sauce that's smart. If you grill entire time the sauce will burn.

Pray tell your method of smoking because I love to smoke ribs, pork tenderloin, turkey, turkey breast.

Would like to give wings a shot.
Key is putting them in a brine first otherwise they'll dry out. Take them out of the brine and pat dry. Brush them lightly with vegetable oil and apply whatever seasoning you want. Get your smoker to around 275-300 degrees (you don't need low and slow for most chicken pieces). Put them on away from the smoke box. They'll only take about 1.5 hours depending on the size of the wings.

I marinade, braise (on the grill in a foil pan), then grill for crispness and finally sauce after they're done cooking.

That's for buffalo style

Lemon pepper starts the same, but I glaze the sauce on the wings at the end of grilling.

Both get a great depth of flavor and moist tenderness from the marinade and braise, but a nice and crispy from the grill.

Key is putting them in a brine first otherwise they'll dry out. Take them out of the brine and pat dry. Brush them lightly with vegetable oil and apply whatever seasoning you want. Get your smoker to around 275-300 degrees (you don't need low and slow for most chicken pieces). Put them on away from the smoke box. They'll only take about 1.5 hours depending on the size of the wings.

Totally agree. How we do our wings too. Brine is important. Fall off the bone yummy.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
I coat mine in olive oil and seasoning. Throw them on the grill (indirect heat) for 20-25 minutes each side, toss in buffalo sauce, then back on the grill (direct heat) for a minute or so to finish them off. Yummy.

Waste too much gas cooking them on the grill. I like to boil them first, then finish them on the grill...

Reactions: FSUTribe76
We are going to get destroyed. In ACC play. D-line can't get off blocks, tackling is atrocious- it's just embarrassing

Waste too much gas cooking them on the grill. I like to boil them first, then finish them on the grill...

Boiling is like a rapid sous-vide. From eggs to steaks, a truly underappreciated cooking method, boiling is.

Reactions: cmanole
Marinade in Half dales steak sauce and half Texas Pete(or like hot sauce). Overnight preferably.

get a smoker to 225-250. Slow cook for 1.5-2 hours.

If you have a fryer, take off after 1-1.5, finish in dyer for desired crispness.

Finish, season with Cajun seasoning

Marinade in Half dales steak sauce and half Texas Pete(or like hot sauce). Overnight preferably.

get a smoker to 225-250. Slow cook for 1.5-2 hours.

If you have a fryer, take off after 1-1.5, finish in dyer for desired crispness.

Finish, season with Cajun seasoning
Serve with a full complement of blood pressure medication and a gallon of water per wing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT