ADVERTISEMENT

Reading the thread titles on the premium pages

divinnole

Seminole Insider
Gold Member
Mar 29, 2002
I have been really considered going ahead re-joining as a premium member so I could keep up with the FB scene a little better. However after reading a few of the thread titles on the TC and the TCCL I have quickly giving that thought up. As a long time FSU I have seen our fan base go from being considered up there with the Nebraska fans of the 70s and 80s to becoming more and more like the fans of team so many of us hate,
I will miss the premium content come baseball season, but even the "fans" there have become unbearable.

I have been really considered going ahead re-joining as a premium member so I could keep up with the FB scene a little better. However after reading a few of the thread titles on the TC and the TCCL I have quickly giving that thought up. As a long time FSU I have seen our fan base go from being considered up there with the Nebraska fans of the 70s and 80s to becoming more and more like the fans of team so many of us hate,
I will miss the premium content come baseball season, but even the "fans" there have become unbearable.
There is certainly a sense of entitlement by many these days. When I read someone say that this is the worst"___" ever I just flash back to 1973 and wanna say you have no idea just how bad it can be.
Hell, we have a back to back 1,000 yard rusher for one of a very few times ever, but the Oline gets called trash over and over. Whatever. Sure, we all wish they played better, but FSU has it so good these days it is amazing to see where they started out...
Football is just removed from a title.
Soccer is looking to repeat.
Golf is challenging for first time ever recently.
Track and Firld is down a bit but still challenge as does cross country.
Almost all sports are in the tourney at year end.
This is a great time to be a Noles fan..

Reactions: Bartdog
This is what I posted on my Facebook page this morning in response to last night and Mike Gundy's comments regarding yesterday's event in Stillwater.

Yeah, I wanted a win last night. I want a win every game (it is in my competitive nature). I love college football and the passion it brings out in people and the good natured ribbing that I like to give to fans of other schools and that I know they like to give to mine. That said, I get to take my son and nephew to the pumpkin patch today, these families get to claim their loved ones from the MEs office. So, perspective people. For those calling for Coach Fisher's head (after having lost only one regular season game in the last two and half seasons), remember the issues he is also dealing with at home. Again, my fellow Nole fans, perspective. It can always be worse. It is after all a football game. A game that yeah, I don't like losing, but a game nonetheless.

That board alone has me contemplating letting my membership run out and I will just pick up nuggets where I can or I'll be like most of those posters and take the free periods when they offer

I think the ones there and at other places that blow my mind the most are the internet tough guys full of anger and disgust at Jimbo. I am not saying you can't criticize Jimbo. But maybe tread lightly and don't question whether he is right for the job and the state of the program after dropping his first regular season game since 2012....

IBTL. There are a LOT of new posters on the TC who just don't seem to have the knowledge or the history of FSU football. Maybe some very young types who don't understand how fortunate we are to have such great athletic programs across the board.

IBTL. There are a LOT of new posters on the TC who just don't seem to have the knowledge or the history of FSU football. Maybe some very young types who don't understand how fortunate we are to have such great athletic programs across the board.
Gave up my premium membership over 3 years ago and haven't regretted it a bit.

Reactions: TexaNole
I think the real problem is lack of info about the team. Jimbo has everything on lockdown, as usual, so the WC staff has to claw for each nugget. There just isn't as much info about the team anymore. The TC has always been nuts.

There is certainly a sense of entitlement by many these days. When I read someone say that this is the worst"___" ever I just flash back to 1973 and wanna say you have no idea just how bad it can be.
Hell, we have a back to back 1,000 yard rusher for one of a very few times ever, but the Oline gets called trash over and over. Whatever. Sure, we all wish they played better, but FSU has it so good these days it is amazing to see where they started out...
Football is just removed from a title.
Soccer is looking to repeat.
Golf is challenging for first time ever recently.
Track and Firld is down a bit but still challenge as does cross country.
Almost all sports are in the tourney at year end.
This is a great time to be a Noles fan..

The Lady Seminoles basketball team has been outstanding and there are very high expectations for the men's team this year as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT