ADVERTISEMENT

The Official LR Bowl Season Drinking Game Thread!

The SEC is about to go 2-5 heading into tonight's playoff games. They're one Louisville choke job away from going 1-6.

Reactions: noleclone2
So I never noticed that Mickey Mouse’s team has a defensive player with a nubbin instead of a hand. That’s probably because I’ve watched them play a quarter (4th against USF) all season before watching this one.

But good on him, it’s not holding him back much.

If Bama loses tonight, you can be assured that there will be widespread second-guessing the decision to keep UCF out of the playoff.

Nah, it would be Ohio State especially since other than Michigan the Big Ten killed it in the bowls. But I do bet Frost will second guess going to some freezing cold cornfields when Mickey Mouse returns a lot and might have made the playoffs next year if he had returned. I just don’t see Nebraska returning to promise now that they have no connections to their old Texas recruiting ground.

Yeah one of the G5 schools will never be let in if it stays at 4 teams. P5 schools think they should be happy with even being let in to the NY6.

Ok. This hurts, but Go Sooners and Tigers.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
Richt is a great guy/terrific human being, and scUM is very fortunate to have him back in the fold. That said, I'll never forgive him for not developing a game plan for the Orange Bowl vs. OU after being hired away by Georgia.
Hey bud, time to let it go

Oklahoma is really struggling against this SEC defense. It has taken them 17 plays to score 3 touchdowns.

If UGA and Bama go down, entire nation will finally be catching about the SEC being way overhyped

Nah, it would be Ohio State especially since other than Michigan the Big Ten killed it in the bowls. But I do bet Frost will second guess going to some freezing cold cornfields when Mickey Mouse returns a lot and might have made the playoffs next year if he had returned. I just don’t see Nebraska returning to promise now that they have no connections to their old Texas recruiting ground.
Doubt it. UCF is a one hit wonder much like Baylor, TCU, Houston and some other also rans have been the past few years. Nebraska has tradition and he can have some staying power there nationally if he gets things going...

Last edited:
Reactions: FSUTribe76
TCU is legit. Not a one hit wonder.

Was going to say the same.

The other schools you mentioned will always be stepping stones for young coaches to prove themselves.

I doubt Frost will have the success at Nebraska that he had at UCF this year. Much tougher conference and harder to recruit.

Let’s go Dawgs!

TCU is legit. Not a one hit wonder.
They have a decent program but aren't really contenders on the national level. I mean they've missed bowl games two of the last five seasons and routinely play in second and third tier bowls...

Surprising turn around That squib was dumb and Smart made some nice sdjustments at half.

They have a decent program but aren't really contenders on the national level. I mean they've missed bowl games two of the last five seasons and routinely play in second and third tier bowls...

Don’t 90% of all D1 schools play in bowls that aren’t on NYE or NYD?

Was going to say the same.

The other schools you mentioned will always be stepping stones for young coaches to prove themselves.

I doubt Frost will have the success at Nebraska that he had at UCF this year. Much tougher conference and harder to recruit.

Let’s go Dawgs!

We were just discussing him going home. I bet the alma mater was the main pull, and going to a "big"school. As mentioened, there is a ton of competition for Texas players that didn't exist in the 80s. I'd also think that if he could do that once, he could wash rinse repeat every season at UCF. Being in a smaller conference for UCF would really help. Plenty of players in Florida and the south. If UCF could pay up, I think that'd be a job where someone could make a mid tier program into a big deal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT