ADVERTISEMENT

Football Recruiting Norvell/Atkins drop in on 2025 OT on Thursday morning

Norvell and Atkins visited Fellowship Christian School in Roswell, Ga. this morning. Four-star OT prospect Josh Petty was the reason for the visit. He is ranked as the 86th-best overall prospect in the nation for the class of 2025.

Login to view embedded media

Football Recruiting FSU Recruiting Map: trends and insights from Norvell's first five classes

As Mike Norvell and staff get on the road to start closing in on the 2025 class, we decided to take a closer look at Norvell's first five classes at Florida State to see how and where FSU is recruiting.

https://floridastate.rivals.com/new...nd-insights-from-norvell-s-first-five-classes

Basketball Updates: FSU at Miami, 7 p.m. (ACC Network)

FSU (10-6, 4-1 ACC) has won four straight ACC games to open the 2024 season and now travels to Miami (12-4, 3-2) at 7 p.m. on the ACC Network. Anish Shroff will handle play-by-play, while Randolph Childress will be the analyst.

This is the first of two FSU-Miami games (they'll play March 9 at the Tucker Center).

This is FSU's first four-game ACC win streak since 2021-22, when the Seminoles claimed five straight victories.

Jamir Watkins is the only ACC player who is leading his team in points (13.0), rebounds (5.9), assists (3.3) and steals (1.6).

I had forgotten about this, but FSU has won five straight games in Coral Gables. This includes the rally and 85-84 buzzer-beater by Matthew Cleveland.

On Monday, I wrote about FSU's depth sparking the defense. While Notre Dame is not good, FSU held them to a 41.8 shooting percentage from the floor. FSU had a season-high seven blocks in the win at ND.

From the free-throw line, FSU shot 24 of 30 and 13 of 15 in the last two games. Very impressive.

Primo Spears has 978 career points, the majority of those at Duquesne and Georgetown. He's averaging 14 points per game in his career and 10.8 points in his eight games this season.

Of note, Jalen Warley has 99 career steals.

FSU is up to 87 in KenPom's rankings after being sub-100. Miami is 59th.

We'll have some updates pregame and we can chat during the game here.

Richie Leonard in a legit strength program. . .

I have heard from multiple people that the UF S&C program was a disaster. I mean, like an embarrassment to a college football program. I wonder if Leonard will really benefit from Coach Storms and his crew to really help him add some size and strength in a short period of time. I think he may end up being more than just a depth piece.

Is part of you embracing what college football has evolved/is evolving into...

or has every evolution past the 90's just rubbed you the wrong way? I ask because I hate what it has evolved into since the 90's(when I was a student at FSU)....but I keep checking to see who is moving in and out of the portal like I used to check to see which recruits might be coming to FSU leading up to NSD.

Football Recruiting FSU offers 2026 TE Xavier Tiller

Florida State extended an offer to 2026 TE prospect Xavier Tiller on Wednesday. He is 6-5 and 210-pounds and attends Langston Hughes HS in Fairburn, Georgia. He also has offers from Ohio State, Tennessee, Kentucky and Auburn among others.

As a sophomore Tiller hauled in 25 passes for 352 yards.

ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT