ADVERTISEMENT

Soccer FSU to hold championship celebration Tuesday evening

FSU sports information:

Florida State will host a NCAA National Championship celebration ceremony for the Women’s Soccer Team at the Unconquered Statue and the Dunlap Champions Club beginning at 5:15 p.m. on Tuesday, Dec. 5.

The Seminoles earned their fourth National Championship tonight with a 5-1 win over Stanford at WakeMed Soccer Park in Cary, N.C.

The team will arrive at the Unconquered Statue outside of Doak Campbell Stadium at 5:15. The celebration will begin with the spear lighting ceremony at 5:30 p.m. at the Unconquered Statue followed by activities inside the Dunlap Champions Club beginning at 6 p.m. Florida State University President Richard McCullough, Vice President and Director of Athletics Michael Alford, Head Coach Brian Pensky and select team members will speak at the event.

Doors to the Dunlap Champions Club will open at 5 p.m. and there is no charge for the event.

Schedule of Events

5 p.m. - Dunlap Champions Club Doors Open

5:15 p.m. - Women’s Soccer Team Arrives at the Unconquered Statue

5:30 p.m. - Spear Lighting Ceremony

6 p.m. - Ceremony Begins in Dunlap Champions Club

6:45 p.m. - Autograph Session with Pensky and Players

Football The minute Travis went down we were out guys......and we need a portal QB very badly.

If Rodemaker had lit up UF and IF he'd played against Louisville then we had a chance.

But TCU is who really screwed us because they got in last year under the " feel good " committees bull crap and they were not gonna do that again. Our backup QB's are simply average at best and horrible at worst.

We need a portal QB in a bad way folks. I didn't think so, but having seen Glenn as the backup well, we may be in worse shape than I thought.

I'm not sold Rodemaker can make it a full year being as skinny as he is. Go get the guy from UCLA stat !!!!
Reactions: cleatm

Officials for the Orange Bowl

When Georgia takes the field in Hard Rock Stadium, the credibility of the entire neo-college football establishment will be on the Dawgs' shoulders. The officiating crew needs to be stashed offshore somewhere under guard on an island and brought in by helicopter before the game. Their bank accounts need to be watched for any unexplained large deposits. I wouldn't put anything past the corrupt cabal. The love of money is the root of all evil as some wise man once said....

Unified

You know what's nice to see? Look at the boards right now. Here is something that every Nole can get unified behind. Every poster seems to be actively working together to come up with ideas, or strategies, to see if anything can be done, or if nothing else to help each other get over this crime. I don't think I've ever seen us like this, there is always a yin to someone's yang, and normally a little bit of animosity towards fellow Noles. Again, call me the guy who always tries to find the positives, but its nice to get on here and feel like we are all united for a cause. Maybe it is possible this team of "Renegades" can use this to bring an already close-knit team even closer. I think a lot of non-Noles are also now behind this team. I've talked to patients yesterday and today who were fans of schools from all over, all expressing support and anger for the corruption in the sport. This really may be something we can rally behind.

Remember 9 Years Ago…

When Florida State was the only undefeated team but was winning close games? Coming from behind in some but won all their games and was ranked 3rd for the playoff.
Something called “Game Control” was birthed.
All we heard about was game control that season. I’ve been following this process in the years since then and have not heard that term at all.
It’s just been applauding teams that find a way to win.

(Read the following in your best mocking voice)
They dug down and gritted out a victory.
They look at the entire body of work.
The entire season matters.

Now this year, it’s “they look different”.

They completely disregarded the fact this defense is curb stomping opponents right now.
Maybe we couldn’t score 30 points but maybe we wouldn’t need to.

This committee wouldn’t have let the 2000 Ravens or the 85 Bears in the playoffs.

Got my Orange Bowl Tickets....here's why

I'm going to make one more point about the CFP decision today. I'm going to make this point because it needs to be made. It needs to be made because this kind of thing matters. It matters because we are talking about America's youth. Take a look at this picture. It's a screen grab from last night's ACC Championship game. That's Lawrence Toafili wearing number 9 in the garnet and gold. He's in the middle of a breakaway run that was key to FSU's victory. Now, take a look at the man running alongside Toafili on the sideline. He's wearing all dark. Who is that? That's head coach Mike Norvell. He's running on the sideline as fast as his middle-aged legs will take him, cheering on Toafili and urging him onward down the field. He ran the whole way, pumping his fist and screaming at the top of his lungs. How many coaches have you seen doing anything remotely like that? You don't need to answer. I'll tell you. It's zero. Norvell is building young men. He's teaching them what it means to work hard for what you get. He's teaching them the value of teamwork. He's instilling integrity by investing his own emotions into their efforts and the fruits of those efforts. Today, the CFP committee decided that these things don't matter. Hard work doesn't matter. Pulling together in the face of adversity doesn't matter. Overcoming challenges by pushing yourself to be your best counts for nothing. Today, the CFP committee attempted to destroy everything that middle-aged man running on the sideline has worked to build. Today, the CFP sent the message to all young people that the only things that matter are revenue and returns on investment for people who are already billionaires. ESPN, its parent company, Disney, and the SEC have a lot of money on the line. Their interests were more important than young lives just getting their start in a challenging world. Today, the CFP committee damaged us as a people by undermining actual, tangible good being done in a sport that has had precious little of that kind of thing in recent years.

The Orange Bowl is already SOLD OUT! GO NOLES BEAT THOSE DAWGS!!!!!!!!!

Washington ?

So here is my question.
Saturday mr. Saban said it would be a “lack of respect” if they weren’t invited to the playoffs. Obviously he got his respect.
In order to stay respectful Texas got bumped up. FSU became the sacrificial lamb.
Pac12 is a floundering conference. Even the across the continent ACC is gobbling up two teams from them. Now, their conference champion has been winning its’ games by a few miracles yet they stay at #2 in the rankings. Why weren’t they dropped to 5th place? Is the ACC ,an existing conference, that weak it could not push that agenda if we were going to sacrifice an undefeated team to make room for a loser SEC team?
Reactions: colconole

When CFP became a "talent judge"

From Forbes:

On January 1, we can all look forward to tuning in to the College Football Playoffs to watch Alabama, Michigan, Texas and Washington duke it out on the field. And when the horns sound and sidelines erupt in the expectation of making the National Championship game, we can look over to Simon Cowell in the judge’s booth to see which teams he gives a thumbs up to, determining who moves on to the title game.

As preposterous as that sounds – letting some “talent judge” determine who plays, rather than having what happens on the field determine the outcome – that’s what the college football equivalent of Simon have already done. They’ve reduced the national championship to a pigskin version of America’s Got Talent!

Coach has an impossible task

Trying to get these kids to buy in is going to be impossible. We all expect opt outs and for some of them, I agree, they need to look out for their future. But man, to look across the field and see a UGA team you were expecting to see in New Orleans and actually care about the outcome is going to be tough for them. And UGA has to feel the same way except the reason they are there is because they lost.

I honestly think this team will check out. They are going to party and have fun. Put some work in at practice but if coach tries to ride them like he has all season, they will break. I think if he tries to push the intensity we saw throughout the season in this bowl game, he’ll lose them. I know they are “built different” but nobody is unbreakable.

On the other hand if he goes soft, what does that say? It was all just BS? “Work” was just a catch phrase? What’s the next CLIMB?

The bowl game is meaningless, for sure. But how he navigates this game and offseason will be his biggest test yet.
Reactions: SKSnole

Soccer Updates/Notes: FSU soccer to play for national title on Monday

FSU sports information:

The biggest stage in women's college soccer is set as Florida State (21-0-1) will take on Stanford (20-0-4) in the National Championship Game on Monday night at WakeMed Soccer Park in Cary, N.C. Monday will be the first time in NCAA Division I women's soccer history that both teams in the National Championship Game are undefeated. Monday's winner will be the first unbeaten National Champion since 2011. Kickoff is set for 6 p.m. and can be seen on ESPNU.

The Stage is Set
For the first time in NCAA women's soccer history, two undefeated teams will play for the National Title. FSU is making their seventh appearance in the National Championship game and their third appearance in the last four seasons. These two teams have not met since the College Cup in 2018 where FSU prevailed 2-0 in the semifinal where they ultimately won their second National Championship. FSU is looking to become the first undefeated National Champion since 2011.

What's at Stake
FSU has a chance to win their fourth National Championship on Monday night, all coming since 2014. FSU would move into second all-time behind North Carolina. A win would also secure the most National Championships ever won by an FSU program and would be FSU's 19th total National Championship.

Unstoppable Force Meets Immovable Object
Something will have to give on Monday night as Florida State brings the top scoring offense in the country to face the top defense in the country in Stanford. FSU is averaging 3.18 goals per game while Stanford is giving up just 0.42 goals per game. Stanford has recorded 14 shutouts this season while FSU has scored a goal in their last 33 games.

14 College Cups
FSU reached the NCAA Women's College Cup for the 14th time in school history. The 14 semifinal appearances are the second most in NCAA history, trailing only North Carolina (30).

A Home Away from Home
Florida State has made itself at home in Cary, N.C., over recent memory. FSU holds an 12-1-1 record in its last 14 games in Cary and holds a 21-7-5 record in Cary since 2010.

Dominance in the NCAA Tournament
The Seminoles have been nothing short but dominant so far in the NCAA Tournament. FSU has not allowed a goal in four games and is outscoring their opponents 16-0. FSU is the first team since Penn State in 2015 to reach the National Championship game without conceding a goal.

Scoring Explosion
FSU has put together one of the best offensive seasons in school history this season. FSU has already scored 70 goals this season which is tied for the second most in school history. FSU is on pace to break the school record for goals per game, points per game and assists per game. FSU currently leads the country in goals per game, points per game and assists per game. FSU also scored 36 goals in ACC play which is the second-most goals ever scored in ACC history during conference play.

Historic Defensive Numbers
After struggling in the first three games of ACC play where FSU gave up seven goals in three games, FSU has locked down opponent after opponent in the last 14 games. FSU has allowed just four goals in their last 14 matches and have shut out eight out of their last nine opponents. FSU is the first team since 2017 to shut out their first four opponents in the NCAA Tournament.

Nothing Gets Past Roque
Cristina Roque has solidified herself as one of the top goalies in FSU history, and she continues to get better when the lights are at their brightest. With four shutouts so far in the NCAA Tournament, Roque is FSU's record holder for career shutouts in the NCAA Tournament with 16. Roque is tied for the most career wins in school history in the NCAA Tournament with 16 wins. Roque currently has a 0.59 goals against average this season which is the seventh best mark in school history.

ACC Champs
For the fourth consecutive season, Florida State won an ACC Championship. FSU defeated Pitt (2-0) and Clemson (2-1) to claim the program's 10th ACC Championship. FSU claimed both the ACC Regular Season Championship and the ACC Tournament Championship for just the fourth time in program history.

A Historic Run
Florida State has been a perennial power for most of this century, but FSU was able to accomplish something they never have in school history this regular season. FSU completed its first ever undefeated regular season in school history with a 14-0-1 record. FSU did complete the 2020 regular season with an 8-0 record with a conference-only schedule. FSU has won 14 consecutive games which is tied for the longest winning streak in school history and is unbeaten in their last 22 games which is the second longest streak in school history.
Reactions: NoleLizards
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT