ADVERTISEMENT

#100pagesnatty Thread 11/08/18 #63pagesnattynumber1 #106pagesnattynumber2

Love people mocking the facilities thing. We need to mock and push back that load of tripe bigly. Amazed how many in the media just accepted it like some how we were living in stone age and not investing in program. Props to Andrea A

Think about the job Bobby did recruiting. When I was there in 90';s they had that crappy out door field and when it rained they had to run to the tunnel under Pensacola.

Think about the job Bobby did recruiting. When I was there in 90';s they had that crappy out door field and when it rained they had to run to the tunnel under Pensacola.
Agree, the other thing is this is football. You want some tough guys computers to football. Not sure what waterfalls, video games and all the rest do for recruiting but maybe attract softer lazier folks. Let’s keep it real and get studs who want to be at one of the best football programs and college towns in US and really don’t care as much about interior decorations for boys. We want men.

Agree, the other thing is this is football. You want some tough guys computers to football. Not sure what waterfalls, video games and all the rest do for recruiting but maybe attract softer lazier folks. Let’s keep it real and get studs who want to be at one of the best football programs and college towns in US and really don’t care as much about interior decorations for boys. We want men.
That has been the criticism of Texas. It's a country club for players and they play accordingly.

My wife jokingly said we should nab Jimbo’s tree since we’re not currently planning on using one at the house, but apparently this guy already grabbed it.

How much you want to bet that he doesn't bring across a number of those assistants he refused to fire.

At this point I can't believe how glad I am he's gone.

I’ll let you know how happy I am he left AFTER we sign our new coach. I we land Taggart or Brohm I am overjoyed at our luck. If we get Strong I’ll be wallowing in misery.

No Strong.
No Franklin.

Why?

I don't know much about Franklin other than he won at crappy Vanderbilt, and then came in and won at Penn State. I also saw a few interviews with him on ESPN and he came across as a coach who relates with millennial's etc.

Again...this is if Taggart fell through.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
Said recruit is 6'5" and a buck ninety. We've already got one of those.
13086408631824127599tvebak_pointing_stickman.svg.hi.png

Why?

I don't much about Franklin other than he won at crappy Vanderbelt, and then came in and won at Penn State. I also so a few interviews with him on ESPN and he came across as a coach who relates with millennial's etc.

Again...this is if Taggart fell through.

I like Franklin a lot and would probably take him over Taggart if given a choice, I just don’t think there’s a real interest on his part. An interest to boost his PSU contract sure but a real interest in moving...not unless there’s something going on Ped State we’re not privy to ie he found out their child sex ring is still going on amongst the boosters (I 100% believe Sandusky was just the “fall guy” not the sole operator).

To me FSU, Ped State, aTm and Oregon are all basically equivalent positions. And while Jimbo left an equivalent position to chase the largest guaranteed contract in college football history and Taggart may move from Oregon to FSU because he grew up in a family of Noles fans and is rooted in the Tampa Bay Area, I don’t know why Franklin would want to move. It would only be if we WAY overpaid ala Jimbo to aTm or if there’s something terrible still going on at Ped State.

Hmmm I see where Foxsports has a now taken down article saying FSU names Willie Taggart head coach.... Something they’re working on just out of expectation or an accidental early leak of a press release?

I don't see how anyone will know before Warchant and the sleuths on the TC.
They might make a preemptive guess to try and be first.

Not that I ever thought this was a real option (unlike some of the talking heads), but it looks like Fuentes is out of the running.

“For me it’s been easy. I’ve declined to talk to everybody that’s come along,” Fuente said during a bowl game conference call on Sunday. “It’s a pretty easy answer for me. I haven’t been interested in going down that road.”

“I think everybody knows I’m incredibly happy at Virginia Tech I think I’ve proved it in my short time here. I would never speculate on any other jobs other than say we’ve been approached, and I’ve declined to talk to anybody.

“It’s pretty much been nipped in the bud right from the start.”

https://www.google.com/amp/www.orla...-search-justin-fuente-20171204-story,amp.html
Hey Jimbo....THIS is how you do it. Jackwad.

No we didn’t...we practiced in that slop...like men!!!
...actually the drainage wasn’t bad at all

Which would you rather watch? Bama-Clemson, Part 3, or the Bad Blood Bowl?

That would be an easy decision.

To quote Jimbo on how difficult of a decision it was for him to leave FSU for TAMU, that is "a no-brainer".

I just started looking at today's news and can't believe he actually said the things this story says. The admin did a decent job of not disrespecting Jimbo in the press after he bailed and he does not have the decency to show the admin and more importantly the team and alumni that supported him the respect of saying it was a difficult decision??? That seals it for me. Thanks for what you did coach, but screw you. TAMU just landed in my top 5 most hated teams. Hope he has a losing record like he did here this year.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/sec/2017/12/04/jimbo-fisher-leaving-florida-state-texas-m-no-brainer/919476001/

Someone please let me know if his comments were taken out of context and/or if the way that I read them as purely petty bitter insults is misreading the situation.

To quote Jimbo on how difficult of a decision it was for him to leave FSU for TAMU, that is "a no-brainer".

I just started looking at today's news and can't believe he actually said the things this story says. The admin did a decent job of not disrespecting Jimbo in the press after he bailed and he does not have the decency to show the admin and more importantly the team and alumni that supported him the respect of saying it was a difficult decision??? That seals it for me. Thanks for what you did coach, but screw you. TAMU just landed in my top 5 most hated teams. Hope he has a losing record like he did here this year.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...g-florida-state-texas-m-no-brainer/919476001/
https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...g-florida-state-texas-m-no-brainer/919476001/
Someone please let me know if his comments were taken out of context and/or if the way that I read them as purely petty bitter insults is misreading the situation.

My most hated schools in order are now:

1) Hogtown Community College
2) aTm
3) Ped State
4) Noter Lame
5) Bammer
6) The team Corch Irvan Mayers coaches
7) Da Ewe
8) Clem’s Son
9) Lou ah Ville (for the cheating)
10) Meeeshagahn (Due to Harbaugh)

So hopefully we didn’t botch the negotiations. All the sources say Taggart was only seeking $5 mil for 5 years. I would have played coy for...I dunno 30 seconds and then said DONE! $5 mil to salvage our recruiting class this year is a “no brainer”.

I have high hopes we didn’t screw that up, but what gives me cause for concern is that he rescheduled a recruiting visit for tomorrow morning which I doubt would have been done if we met his requirements.

My most hated schools in order are now:

1) Hogtown Community College
2) aTm
3) Ped State
4) Noter Lame
5) Bammer
6) The team Corch Irvan Mayers coaches
7) Da Ewe
8) Clem’s Son
9) Lou ah Ville (for the cheating)
10) Meeeshagahn (Due to Harbaugh)

Good list...da ewe is much higher on mine.

I feel like Tenn and OK should be somewhere on there.

Who cares? (I don’t mean that negatively towards you) The guy’s last two seasons he lost to inferior talent in a ridiculous manner. If we kept making it to the end and kept losing to Alabama or Clemson, it would be different. He wasn’t doing his part, and he wanted to focus on the administration not doing theirs.

He’s reimagined what happened and he’s dragging our program.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gonolz
Good list...da ewe is much higher on mine.

I feel like Tenn and OK should be somewhere on there.

We’ve beaten them so often in the past 10-15 years my anger has lessened. Plus they’re in conference. So for me, I definitely want them to win every OOC game, don’t care in conference and obviously don’t want them to win a title but other than that as long as we win I’m fine with what they do.

That’s different than Hogtown. For me, the 4-8 season was 4 wins too many.

This looks promising!

That is promising (assuming it’s not the old “my friend stole my phone and played a prank” situation), but it doesn’t sound like Taggart signed because we tried to lowball him and now Phil Knight is demanding he meet to personally match FSU’s amount.

I get not matching the lunacy of $75 million guaranteed, but Gus Malzahn is now making $7 mil a year. So the going rate on coaches is only going up and here’s a bunch of cheap%*% trying to save salary from what Jimbo was previously making.

We’ve beaten them so often in the past 10-15 years my anger has lessened. Plus they’re in conference. So for me, I definitely want them to win every OOC game, don’t care in conference and obviously don’t want them to win a title but other than that as long as we win I’m fine with what they do.

That’s different than Hogtown. For me, the 4-8 season was 4 wins too many.

Ok=OU

So hopefully we didn’t botch the negotiations. All the sources say Taggart was only seeking $5 mil for 5 years. I would have played coy for...I dunno 30 seconds and then said DONE! $5 mil to salvage our recruiting class this year is a “no brainer”.

I have high hopes we didn’t screw that up, but what gives me cause for concern is that he rescheduled a recruiting visit for tomorrow morning which I doubt would have been done if we met his requirements.

If Wilcox has screwed the pooch on this he needs to be run out of town. I was just about sick to my stomach when I read they were searching for a minority coach. Taggart is the one I have wanted since I first thought it was a real possibility JF moving on. Not because he is black but because I think he is the best fit for the position. Not so will Strong. While I really like him from the way I have seen him handle himself with the dumpster fire UT turned out to be, I DO NOT THINK HE IS GOOD FIT FOR FSU at this time.

My question and concern with Wilcox and a minority coach is what will be the acceptable threshold of performance. Will it be consistent 7-5, 8-4 or will 10 wins and regular ACC championships be the standard? I think all we need to do is look at the BB program and see what the answer would be. Of course mediocrity may just be his standard since he seems happy with the baseball program too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT