Louisville
Syracuse
School where Chip Kelly is coaching
School where Lane Kiffin is coaching
Ta&m
USC
Ole Miss

Reactions: BelemNole
http://registerguard.com/rg/sports/...rt-is-negotiating-with-florida-state.html.csp

“A source told The Register-Guard that Taggart described Florida State as his “dream job” during a meeting with Oregon players on Friday and something he wanted to investigate.”

Soooooooo....much more open and honest than Jimbo.

Jimbo said this was his dream job and he wanted to be here forever. Things change, esp when someone shows you the money. So.... sure hope Taggart really does want this to be his forever dream job. I like the history of FSU only have 2 (now 3) coaches over a 30+ year period. I do like the shuffling of assistants to HC jobs as it helps keep the staff fresh and shows the HC is getting good people, mentoring them and letting the spread their wings.

Reactions: FSUTribe76
As far as hate other programs
  • uf
  • um
  • where ever Urban is
After 2 decades my hate of SOS has smoldered. There are plenty I dislike, but my hate is reserved for the special kind of miscreants.

For me, my most hated teams as of today are:

UF
Alabama
Texas A&M (Because of Fisher)
Ohio State (Because of Meyer)
Miami

I personally don't hate any other teams. Honestly I respect the Hell out of Clemson as they've done things the right way. Maybe eventually that rivalry will grow to hate with me, but I just have to give them respect for building a program the right way.

So one of the things I read repeatedly is that Wilcox wouldn’t let Jimbo fire one of his assistants. Does anyone know who that is referring to?

1. UF, no doubt.
2. UM
3. Maine (being from NH, they are our Gators).
4. Ohio State.
5. Michigan
6. Bama/Auburn.
7. USC.
8. Any school that takes one of those Ball kids.
9. Texas.

Reactions: vevois23
Jimbo said this was his dream job and he wanted to be here forever. Things change, esp when someone shows you the money. So.... sure hope Taggart really does want this to be his forever dream job. I like the history of FSU only have 2 (now 3) coaches over a 30+ year period. I do like the shuffling of assistants to HC jobs as it helps keep the staff fresh and shows the HC is getting good people, mentoring them and letting the spread their wings.

Maybe FSU was Jimbo's dream job, maybe it wasn't. After he coerced his way into being named "head coach in waiting," I didn't really trust much of what he said. Nothing will ever be good enough and he will always ask for more. I'm glad he's gone and FSU in a position to make a positive change.

Reactions: funksouljon
Bowden field is getting painted...
are they painted the whole thing merlot?

redturf.jpg

There aren't any assistants on this year's team who look like attractive head coaching candidates in the near future. That's really a major part of the problem the last couple of years.

"is she really going out with him? is she really gonna take him home tonight? is she really going out with him? if my eyes don't deceive me there's something going on around here. Around here." ~ Joe Jackson

Now y'all try to get that song out of your head.

Look over there
WHERE?

"is she really going out with him? is she really gonna take him home tonight? is she really going out with him? if my eyes don't deceive me there's something going on around here. Around here." ~ Joe Jackson

Joe Jackson, is that the judge from American Idol? ear worm effort is lost on me.

Never really listened to Joe Jackson except incidentally not by choice. But I did have the punk cover by Goldfinger which after hearing the original....I really prefer.

Joe Jackson, is that the judge from American Idol? ear worm effort is lost on me.

No, that's Randy. Joe had a handful of hits in the late 70s/early 80s - new wave/jazzy pop tunes; one of which was the tune mentioned by Finance85, who's an old fart.

Sugar Ray did a remake of it somewhere along the line.

been in meetings all day, was really hoping we'd have a new coach by the time I got out.

Never really listened to Joe Jackson except incidentally not by choice. But I did have the punk cover by Goldfinger which after hearing the original....I really prefer.

Meh, I moved on from that style of music 15 years ago. I still have my Smashmouth and Zebrahead CDs but haven't listened to them in a while. How old is the cover? Guessing same timeframe OR someone is living in the past. :)

I don't even consider that punk.

Meh, I moved on from that style of music 15 years ago. I still have my Smashmouth and Zebrahead CDs but haven't listened to them in a while. How old is the cover? Guessing same timeframe OR someone is living in the past. :)

I don't even consider that punk.

Yeah same time frame. 1999.

Also I saw Smashmouth live in Tally just a couple of weeks ago and even though they were the headliners they stunk to high heaven. We left after the third song. Everclear also was absolutely terrible.

Fortunately the opener, the Spin Doctors were radio-perfect and actually put on a good show. So I left satisfied.

Also I saw Smashmouth live in Tally just a couple of weeks ago and even though they were the headliners they stunk to high heaven. We left after the third song. Everclear also was absolutely terrible.

Fortunately the opener, the Spin Doctors were radio-perfect and actually put on a good show. So I left satisfied.

Oh and I guess I should add that I also went to the Blink 182/Naked and Famous concert and Tally about two months ago or so and Blink proudly carried the late 90s early 00s “punk” flag and didn’t suck.

Reactions: ggmike1992
Oh and I guess I should add that I also went to the Blink 182/Naked and Famous concert and Tally about two months ago or so and Blink proudly carried the late 90s early 00s “punk” flag and didn’t suck.
I was there, too. Had wanted to see them for a long time.

I like Franklin a lot and would probably take him over Taggart if given a choice, I just don’t think there’s a real interest on his part. An interest to boost his PSU contract sure but a real interest in moving...not unless there’s something going on Ped State we’re not privy to ie he found out their child sex ring is still going on amongst the boosters (I 100% believe Sandusky was just the “fall guy” not the sole operator).

To me FSU, Ped State, aTm and Oregon are all basically equivalent positions. And while Jimbo left an equivalent position to chase the largest guaranteed contract in college football history and Taggart may move from Oregon to FSU because he grew up in a family of Noles fans and is rooted in the Tampa Bay Area, I don’t know why Franklin would want to move. It would only be if we WAY overpaid ala Jimbo to aTm or if there’s something terrible still going on at Ped State.

Yet Franklin from Penn State is the guy you want.

Will we create a 23 page thread when Hamilton or Martin leave? We are crossing into territory of thread length with which I am not familiar.

With that said, what are we waiting on at this point? I mean really?

Will we create a 23 page thread when Hamilton or Martin leave? We are crossing into territory of thread length with which I am not familiar.

With that said, what are we waiting on at this point? I mean really?

You’re advocating dropping Hamilton after his undefeated team blew out a top ranked Gator team at their place?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT