ADVERTISEMENT

#100pagesnatty Thread 11/08/18 #63pagesnattynumber1 #106pagesnattynumber2

unique-ummm-no-meme-robin-hanes-featherstone-featherstonerobin-instagram-ummm-no-meme.jpg

That job needs to have a search for it. It should leave FSU and especially the Martin family. Mike Martin Jr. should NOT be the next coach without any doubt.

There I corrected the statement. Considering Jr. has not been a head coach anywhere, they need to look elsewhere. If his plan was to replace Sr. he should have left a few years ago to get his feet wet and make mistakes / learn elsewhere. FSU is not a job to do all this the first time around after spending his entire coaching career working for dad.

Last edited:
That job needs to have a search for it. It should leave FSU and especially the Martin family. Mike Martin Jr. should NOT be the next coach without any doubt.

There I corrected the statement. Considering Jr. has not been a head coach anywhere, they need to look elsewhere. If his plan was to replace Sr. he should have left a few years ago to get his feet wet and make mistakes / learn elsewhere. FSU is not a job to do all this the first time around after spending his entire coaching career working for dad.
Kevin O'Sullivan had never been a head coach before uf hired him. He was an assistant at Clemson.

Kevin O'Sullivan had never been a head coach before uf hired him. He was an assistant at Clemson.

That's fine, and I am not opposed to hiring a Head Coach without experience as the top guy. What I am opposed to is hiring a guy that has only coached at 1 place with his father as his boss...especially if there isn't an actual search to find the best possible replacement.

Diaz stated the job shouldn't have a replacement and Jr. should get it without a doubt. I completely disagree with that statement and believe FSU should conduct an extensive search to find the best possible replacement.

That's fine, and I am not opposed to hiring a Head Coach without experience as the top guy. What I am opposed to is hiring a guy that has only coached at 1 place with his father as his boss...especially if there isn't an actual search to find the best possible replacement.

Diaz stated the job shouldn't have a replacement and Jr. should get it without a doubt. I completely disagree with that statement and believe FSU should conduct an extensive search to find the best possible replacement.
Logic dictates that if Sr doesn't recruit it falls on Jr. And since all the arms end up in Gainesville it tells me that if Jr isn't recruiting good enough to beat Florida now that we won't be able to recruit good enough when Sr is gone.

Reactions: Imtotallynottribe
Doh. I googled him and Wiki or what ever I found on him didn't list a college, just his high school and that he got drafted.
Didn't know he was a Nole, so I take the derogatory part back.
He's still wrong though. ;)

Doh. I googled him and Wiki or what ever I found on him didn't list a college, just his high school and that he got drafted.
Didn't know he was a Nole, so I take the derogatory part back.
He's still wrong though. ;)
How is your grass looking this morning? Nobody parking there, I hope.
Let’s hope the injury bug is absent next season and the recruiting is fertile. Go Noles, Natty time!

Reactions: F4Gary and DFSNOLE
Let’s hope the injury bug is absent next season and the recruiting is fertile. Go Noles, Natty time!
If we keep this going through next baseball season, perhaps that will be the nudge they need to get over the top....

Looks good. Just got home from a 1 1/2 month RV trip. My son kept it nicely mowed.

Reactions: billanole

That’s important if you enjoyed the other seasons (I loved them) and/or care about Malik Henry (I don’t). Spoiler alert, he basically played himself from 5 star guaranteed NFL status into probably not getting a preferred walk on spot at Kansas.

That’s important if you enjoyed the other seasons (I loved them) and/or care about Malik Henry (I don’t). Spoiler alert, he basically played himself from 5 star guaranteed NFL status into probably not getting a preferred walk on spot at Kansas.

I enjoyed the first season. Don't think I saw the second. Good to know a 3rd is coming. I give 2 hoots about Henry.

Yep, there's an espn article that basically says he's still not signed (as of yesterday). Given how that trailer portrays him (for the 30 seconds he's on there) plus that article...dude has blackballed himself from any D1 team (and apparently maybe even lower levels).

This is from the CFB reddit, so I can't vouch for its validity...

Ok so, made a throw away for this one. I have no proof for you so take what I say as you see fit. I have the privilege of coaching college football, last year I worked at the JUCO Malik Henry played at (Independence). I left right before the summer for another much better job so I will not be on Last Chance U Season 3. Malik arrived on campus in January of '17. His dad was a helicopter parent and for good reason, he knew his son and what he would do. To say Malik was a douche and overall cancer to the team is an understatement. From his FIRST night he was involved in a fighting incident and bunch of other altercations. It should be noted that the campus is literally filled with security cameras, you cant scratch your ass without a camera seeing it. Malik was always always in trouble. Never at curfew check, not even once. Always was in some sort of fight. And then of course on top of that, the reason he got kicked out of FSU, cocaine. He was super skinny, had all sorts of joint problem (dont know if they are related) but he couldnt participate in our workout program. He did his own special program on the side while we did ours. I dont know how he was getting the drugs but he was and it was a huge problem. Like I said I left towards the summer, have no idea how he was during the season.

Tar Heels blew a 6-3 lead in the eighth and Oregon State is looking like a winner with an 10-6 lead in top of the ninth following a big time 2 run homer with two out.

Florida now dismantling Texas Tech. The Gators own Omaha...

Gators gonna Gate.

https://thebiglead.com/2018/06/22/jabar-gaffney-vandalize-lito-sheppard-car-florida/amp/

“Jabar Gaffney and Lito Sheppard were high school teammates and played together at the University of Florida, before both playing in the NFL. Apparently, as Lito Sheppard told police, Sheppard has had an ongoing feud with Gaffney and his girlfriend dating back to 2012.

First Coast News is reporting that on Monday, Lito Sheppard had his car vandalized by Gaffney and his girlfriend while Sheppard was eating at a restaurant. He realized something was wrong with the car while driving home, and then went back and checked security cameras.

Sheppard said he called the restaurant and they allowed him to view the surveillance video. He named former Florida Gators teammate Derrick “Jabar” Gaffney and his longtime girlfriend as suspects, according to the police report. He said the two have an ongoing feud that began in 2012.

“Gaffney retrieved some type of tool and a container from the suspect’s vehicle, walked over to the passenger’s side of the victim’s vehicle near the gas tank, and pried it open,” the report said. “Gaffney then poured an unknown substance from the container into the gas tank … The unknown female walked around the vehicle and stabbed all of the tires with a sharp object.”

The suspects fled the scene in an unknown direction. Sheppard said his vehicle sustained about $14,000 in damages.”

Reactions: DFSNOLE
Gators gonna Gate.

https://thebiglead.com/2018/06/22/jabar-gaffney-vandalize-lito-sheppard-car-florida/amp/

“Jabar Gaffney and Lito Sheppard were high school teammates and played together at the University of Florida, before both playing in the NFL. Apparently, as Lito Sheppard told police, Sheppard has had an ongoing feud with Gaffney and his girlfriend dating back to 2012.

First Coast News is reporting that on Monday, Lito Sheppard had his car vandalized by Gaffney and his girlfriend while Sheppard was eating at a restaurant. He realized something was wrong with the car while driving home, and then went back and checked security cameras.

Sheppard said he called the restaurant and they allowed him to view the surveillance video. He named former Florida Gators teammate Derrick “Jabar” Gaffney and his longtime girlfriend as suspects, according to the police report. He said the two have an ongoing feud that began in 2012.

“Gaffney retrieved some type of tool and a container from the suspect’s vehicle, walked over to the passenger’s side of the victim’s vehicle near the gas tank, and pried it open,” the report said. “Gaffney then poured an unknown substance from the container into the gas tank … The unknown female walked around the vehicle and stabbed all of the tires with a sharp object.”

The suspects fled the scene in an unknown direction. Sheppard said his vehicle sustained about $14,000 in damages.”

I've seen a couple of instances of gatro on gatro crime on the field, but sheesh!

florida-gators-blocking-each-other.png

As a fan of the CWS , even when our guys dont make it, I hope the Bulldogs can win tonight. Not a fan of the SEC, but they did come out of our region and I do not want all the stories that can be told about the OSU pitcher to take away the joy the rest of the guys should be able to enjoy being in the CWS final.

As a fan of the CWS , even when our guys dont make it, I hope the Bulldogs can win tonight. Not a fan of the SEC, but they did come out of our region and I do not want all the stories that can be told about the OSU pitcher to take away the joy the rest of the guys should be able to enjoy being in the CWS final.
Oregon State is pounding that horsehide. Can’t believe the Bulldogs did not change pitchers... five runs with two out Including a three run bomb as the exclamation point in the third.

Reactions: JohnnieHolmesNole
Oregon State is pounding that horsehide. Can’t believe the Bulldogs did not change pitchers... five runs with two out Including a three run bomb as the exclamation point in the third.

They hit the ball, for sure. And the MSU pitcher is obviously fried, yet their coach just left him out there (as the announcers assured us everyone had a “short leash” tonight). LOL. The kid MSU dispatched to the bullpen never actually started throwing.....just “loosening up.” Insanity.

Reactions: billanole
#100pagesnatty2

They hit the ball, for sure. And the MSU pitcher is obviously fried, yet their coach just left him out there (as the announcers assured us everyone had a “short leash” tonight). LOL. The kid MSU dispatched to the bullpen never actually started throwing.....just “loosening up.” Insanity.
MSU seems to be confidant in their banana therapy and an ability to come back from a big deficit.

Reactions: JohnnieHolmesNole
Have we established if this has to be done before first game?
If so , I am going to need some more posts daily, we have zero since Saturday.

Have we established if this has to be done before first game?
If so , I am going to need some more posts daily, we have zero since Saturday.

Not too much Nole news to report. We got a couple of good recruit pickups and the Gators missed on a number of their priority targets. It looks like we’ll end up with a top 10 probably top 5 class while in Hogtown they’ll be lucky to crack the top 15. Also our main QB recruit Howell has been doing decently at the Elite 11. Probably not enough to be boosted to five stars but he should end up a solid high 4 star, top 5-10 in the position.

Reactions: NoleinATL
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT